Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
discrepancies | discrepancy
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Discrepancy"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A devotee is always very understanding if there is some discrepancy behavior on the part of nondevotees, and even some devotees misbehave, he is always very tolerant and understanding
- A man who is charitably disposed is recommended to give cows to the brahmanas. From King Nrga's statement, it appears that he followed this principle earnestly; however, as a result of a slight discrepancy he was forced to take birth as a lizard
- Arsapreyaya means there may be discrepancies but it is all right. Just like Shakespeare, sometimes there are odd usages of language, but he is accepted as authority. I have explained all these things in my Preface to First Canto
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, whenever there are discrepancies in the discharge of human occupational duties, He (Krsna) descends
- Dharmasya glanih means when we defy authority. That is called discrepancy in the discharge of religiosity or occupational duty
- Discrepancies are sometimes causes of despondency, and thus failing, a person becomes subjected to criticism, which might also be the cause of Arjuna's plight
- Discrepancies arising in the real religious activities
- Durvasa Muni was always accompanied by sixty thousand disciples and that if there was a little discrepancy in their reception, he would be very angry and would sometimes curse the host
- If a ksatriya or a rich man fails to comply with this obligation (to give a donation), he must be very sorry for this discrepancy
- If all the unqualified sudras become so-called brahmanas and ksatriyas, social order will be impossible to maintain. Thus there will be discrepancies, human society will turn into a society of animals, and the situation all over the world will be hellish
- In every kind of spiritual activity, especially in worship of the Deity, there is still a chance of discrepancies, and one should compensate for this by chanting the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Indra said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are the supreme father, the supreme spiritual master and the supreme king. Therefore, You have the right to chastise all living entities whenever there is any discrepancy in their behavior"
- It is confirmed in Bhagavad-gita that when there is an increase of irreligion and discrepancies arise in the real religious activities, the Supreme Lord comes to protect the pious and kill the impious
- It is correct that Nanda, Krsna, the gopas, gopis, etc. left Gokula to move to Vrindaban. There is no discrepancy because the whole area of Mathura is known as Vrindaban
- It is generally said that whenever there is discrepancies in the matter of discharging religious principles and whenever there is too much prominence of irreligiosity, at that time the Lord appears
- It should never be imagined that various mundane discrepancies arise by the will of the Personality of Godhead - that some are happy by His will, while others are unhappy by His will
- Kasyapa Muni continued to Diti: If there is any discrepancy in the discharge of this vow, the son will be a friend to Indra
- Krsna has explained in the Bhagavad-gita that He is the SP of Godhead, and that whenever there are discrepancies in the regulative principles of man's religious life and a prominence of irreligious activities, He appears on this earthly planet
- One should not fail to keep his promise to give in charity. These discrepancies are sometimes causes of despondency, and thus failing, a person becomes subjected to criticism
- Our Guru Maharaja, so strict... A little discrepancy, he would chastise like anything. But we liked it very much
- Overindulgence in animal sacrifice is risky because as soon as there is a small discrepancy in the execution of such a sacrifice, the slaughtered animal may not be promoted to a human form of life
- Siva-jvara said, "All such incarnations descend in fulfillment of Your (Krsna's) promise in the Bhagavad-gita that You appear as soon as there are discrepancies in the system of progressive life"
- So far your telling me that some devotees consider that because there may be some grammatical discrepancies in my Srimad-Bhagavatam, first canto, then they may also be allowed to translate with errors accepted, that is just like imitating Raslila
- Sometimes there is glani, discrepancies in the matter of discharging the principles of dharma. At that time, Krsna comes. Paritranaya sadhunam vinasaya ca duskrtam
- Sukracarya accepted the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead with full respect. Along with the best brahmanas, he began to compensate for the discrepancies in the sacrifices performed by Bali Maharaja
- The accounting records are in a shambles and there has been some mismanagement on your part, So upon rectifying these discrepancies we shall see further regarding your position of your working within this Society
- The Gosvamis' esoteric logic and profound analytical philosophy have not yet caught the attention of modern thinkers, and the burden of guilt for this discrepancy must indeed fall on us
- The people of the world are looking for some way of being happy and making solution to their problems, and we are presenting the best and easiest method of making final solution of all the discrepancies of life and achieving the highest bliss
- The Rama and Krsna, there is no difference, but why in the sastra it is said, kirtanad eva krsnasya? So Hare Krsna is quite to the rulings of the sastra. There is no discrepancies, although we have no objection. Either you chant Hare Krsna or Hare Rama
- There are Vedas, Puranas, the Bible, the Koran, and there are so many religious scriptures also. And if you go on reading them, although the aim is one, still, you will find some discrepancy from one to another
- We have not the slightest intention of confronting a world-famous philosopher like Dr. Radhakrishnan with arguments, yet on the brahmacari's repeated request we have to scrutinize the text and point out the discrepancies
- Whenever there are discrepancies in the human society - tadatmanam srjamy aham - at that time He appears. Paritranaya sadhunam vinasaya ca duskrtam (BG 4.8). This is the program. And when He comes, the time is fixed
- You have described how you once fell down because you saw discrepancies in our philosophy. Actually, our philosophy is perfect, but because there were discrepancies in your mind at that time you may have thought something wrongly about our philosophy
- You'll find, therefore, in the comments of Bhagavatam by different acaryas, even there are some discrepancies, they are accepted as arsa-prayoga. It should remain as it is