Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
assembly | assemblies | assemblage
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Assembly"
The following 155 pages are in this category, out of 155 total.
- After enjoying the loud laughter of all the members of the assembly, Krsna replied to the messenger as follows: "O messenger of Paundraka, you may carry My message to your master"
- After entering the Sudharma assembly house, He used to sit on the exalted royal throne and would be seen to emanate glaring rays of transcendental effulgence
- After testing Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and Lord Visnu, Bhrgu Muni returned to the assembly of great sages on the bank of the river Sarasvati and described his experience
- After the end of the battle, Krpacarya again became a member of the royal assembly, and he was called during the birth of Maharaja Pariksit for recitation of auspicious Vedic hymns to make the ceremony successful
- After the salvation of Sisupala, King Yudhisthira rewarded all the members present in the sacrificial assembly
- After this speech, all the members present in that great sacrificial assembly applauded, confirming his (Sahadeva's) words continuously by saying, "Everything you have said is completely perfect. Everything you have said is completely perfect"
- All members present in the assembly joined together to offer their respectful obeisances to Krsna, and there were showers of flowers from the sky
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana came out of the village to see Krsna. The assembly consisted of children, old men, women, animals and all living entities; they knew that Krsna was their only means of sustenance
- Another important procedure is that the most exalted personality in the assembly of such a sacrificial ceremony is first offered worship
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Another lady in the assembly spoke out, "My dear friends, just look at the face of Krsna. There are drops of perspiration on His face from chasing His enemy, and His face appears like a lotus flower with drops of water"
- As a great king of the entire world, he (King Prthu) could have given them (the members of the assembly) orders, but he was so humble, meek and honest that he presented his statement for approval in order to clarify his mature decision
- At the end of January every year there is still a great assembly of saintly persons and pious men, just as there is an assembly of saintly persons in Prayaga every year called the Magha-mela fair
- At the present moment in this age of Kali-yuga, the entire human society has become an assembly of cheaters and cheated. For this reason the Vedic scriptures have given us the proper directions for sense gratification
- At the Rajasuya-yajna (sacrifice) performed by Maharaja Yudhisthira, there was the greatest assembly of all the elite men of the world, the royal and learned orders
- At the same time there was an assembly of many elephants, who carried the respective kings of different friendly kingdom
- At the time of Draupadi's precarious position, when she was attacked by the Kurus who wanted to see her naked in the open assembly of the royal order, the Lord saved her from being stripped by supplying an unlimited length of sari to cover her
- Balarama said, "Consider the exalted position of the Yadu dynasty. They have forcibly used both the assembly house and the parijata tree of the heavenly planets, and still you think that they cannot order you (Kurus)"
- Because he (Narada) was a great saint, his hair was dazzling like gold, and when he entered the assembly house it appeared that the sun-god was personally present in the midst of the assembly
- Because of Vamanadeva's bright effulgence, the priests, along with Bali Maharaja and all the members of the assembly, were robbed of their splendor
- Brahmanas in the assembly would chant Vedic hymns & explain them to the audience to the best of their knowledge & sometimes some of them would recite historical accounts of the activities of prominent kings. Krsna would be very much pleased to hear them
- During the assembly for selecting her husband, Krsna was present, and He forcibly carried away Mitravinda in the presence of all the other royal princes
- During the Khandava forest fire, Krsna saved the demon Mayasura. Upon being saved, Mayasura felt obliged to the Pandavas and Lord Krsna, and he constructed a wonderful assembly house within the city of Hastinapura
- During the time of Lord Krsna's presence on the earth, the members of the Yadu family forcibly brought the celestial assembly house to earth and placed it at Dvaraka
- Great saintly persons like Markandeya Rsi still glorify His (Lord Ramacandra's) characteristics in the assemblies of great emperors like Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Greatest assembly of all the elite men of the world
- Grtsamada used to visit the royal assembly of Maharaja Yudhisthira, and he also visited the place where Bhismadeva breathed his last. Sometimes he explained the glories of Lord Siva before Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Hatha-yoga is not practiced in assembly of so many men. Just you go to a hatha-yoga class. There are hundreds of members practicing, and he is collecting money, five dollars per seat. And you are thinking, "I am practicing." That is useless waste of time
- Having thus been welcomed by everyone, Lord Vamanadeva, the best of the brahmacaris, exhibited His Brahman effulgence. Thus He surpassed in beauty that entire assembly, which was filled with great saintly brahmanas
- He (King Satrajit) accepted the jewel in his hand, but he remained silent, bending his head downwards, and without saying anything in the assembly of the kings and chiefs, he returned home with the jewel
- In Laksmana's svayamvara assembly, when the girl was to select her husband, Samba appeared. He was a son of Krsna's by Jambavati, one of Lord Krsna's chief wives. This son Samba was so named because he was a pet child and always lived close to his mother
- In order to please Arjuna he (demon Maya) constructed a nice assembly house within the city constructed by Visvakarma
- In such assemblies, the great sages present usually discuss Vedic subject matters and philosophical topics, and in this particular meeting the following question was raised
- In the assembly house were professional jokers, dancers, musicians and ballet girls, and as soon as the Lord (Krsna) sat on His throne they would begin their respective functions to please the Lord and put Him in a happy mood
- In the assembly of Kurus, when Sisupala spoke against Krsna's being elected president of the assembly, Bhisma supported Him and proclaimed Him to be the Supreme God
- In the assembly where mother Sita was to choose her husband, in the midst of the heroes of this world, He (Lord Ramacandra) broke the bow belonging to Lord Siva
- In the assembly, in the Senate, in the Congress, in the United Nations, everyone is fighting with his individual view. Otherwise why there are so many flags in the world?
- In the great assembly of respectable citizens, friends, relatives, brahmanas, sages, ksatriyas and vaisyas - in the presence of all, including his brothers - King Yudhisthira directly addressed Lord Krsna as follows
- In the heavenly planets, the state assembly house called Sudharma was deserving of the dignity of the best of the demigods
- In the marriage selection assembly of Draupadi, Duryodhana had also been present, and along with other princes he had been very much captivated by the beauty of Draupadi, but he had failed to achieve her
- In the midst of all the great heroes of the Yadu dynasty, Krsna resembled the full moon in the sky surrounded by multiluminaries (at Sudharma assembly house)
- In the sacrificial assembly, all the members were very exalted. Some proposed to elect one person as the perfect candidate for accepting Agra-puja, and others proposed someone else
- In the third season of the year, the Lord enjoyed as the central beauty of the assembly of women by attracting them with His pleasing songs in an autumn night brightened by moonshine
- Kausika: One of the permanent rsi members in the royal assembly of Maharaja Yudhisthira. He sometimes met Lord Krsna. There are several other sages of the same name
- King Ugrasena then called for a meeting of all important kings and chiefs. He also invited Satrajit, and before the whole assembly Krsna explained the incident of the recovery of the jewel from Jambavan
- Krsna reached the assembly (of King Dhrtarastra) and spoke about peace, and the message was relished by Bhisma and other great leaders because it was spoken by the Lord Himself
- Krsna was playing chess in the royal assembly council hall
- Legislative assembly, the senators must be all first-class brahmanas. Otherwise he cannot be elected. This should be introduced. Unless one is following the brahminical principles, he cannot be elected. He must give up these 4 principles of sinful life
- Like Narada Muni, Parvata Muni also used to visit the royal assembly in the heaven of King Indra. As a Gandharva, sometimes he visited the royal assembly of Kuvera, one of the important demigods
- Long, long ago, there was an assembly of great sages on the bank of the river Sarasvati who performed a great sacrifice of the name Satra
- Lord Baladeva entered that great assembly (of the sages of Naimisaranya), but since Romaharsana-suta was on the vyasasana, he did not get down to offer respect to Lord Baladeva
- Lord Balarama observed that Romaharsana not only refused to come down from his exalted seat but did not even stand up and offer his respects when Balaramaji entered the assembly
- Lord Krsna, who is the spiritual master of the entire universe, accepted the duty of a messenger, and, deputed by Arjuna, went to the assembly of King Dhrtarastra on a peace mission
- Lord Nrsimha-deva placed the demon (Hiranyakasipu) on His lap, supporting him with His thighs, and in the doorway of the assembly hall the Lord very easily tore the demon to pieces with the nails of His hand
- Many persons eligible to become presidents of learned assemblies fall down into hellish life because of not being satisfied with their positions
- Mitravinda said, "My dear Draupadi, there was a great assembly of princes at my svayamvara ceremony (the personal selection of a husband). Lord Krsna was also present in that meeting, and He accepted me as His maidservant"
- Mustika and Canura are just like thunderbolts, as strong as great mountains, and Krsna and Balarama are two delicate boys of very tender age. The principle of justice has already left this assembly
- Narada Muni, the son of Lord Brahma, always glorifies Anantadeva in his father's assembly. There he sings blissful verses of his own composition, accompanied by his stringed instrument (or a celestial singer) known as Tumburu
- Narada spoke as follows: "My dear Lord (Krsna), in these great sacrificial performances by King Yudhisthira there will be an assembly of all the demigods and all the famous kings of the world"
- Narada wanted to fall at the lotus feet of Krsna, but because the Lord was playing the part of a human being, he simply offered his respects within his mind, & fixing the transcendental form of the Lord within his heart, he left the assembly house
- On inquiry from the rsis, Yayati gave an account of Sibi's pious acts when all of them were on the path to heaven. He has become a member of the assembly of Yamaraja, who has become his worshipful deity
- Once there was a sankirtana festival to glorify the Supreme Lord in an assembly of the demigods, and the Gandharvas and Apsaras were invited by the prajapatis to take part in it
- Once upon a time, a person arrived at the gateway of the assembly house who was unknown to all the members of the assembly, and with the permission of Lord Krsna he was admitted into the assembly by the doorkeeper
- One day Balarama Acarya requested Haridasa Thakura with great humility to come to the assembly of the Majumadaras, Hiranya and Govardhana. Thus Balarama Acarya went there with Haridasa Thakura
- One devotee says, "My dear Lord (Krsna), Your transcendental qualities attract even the liberated souls and carry them to the assembly of devotees where Your glories are constantly chanted"
- Only Kamsa was morose; he neither clapped nor offered benediction to Krsna. Kamsa resented that the trumpets and drums should be played for Krsna's victory, and he was very sorry that the wrestlers had been killed and had fled the assembly
- Our mixing up in a group of family is exactly like the assembly of some straws in the waves of the river. It has no meaning. Just like the straws, they gather together by the movement of the waves
- Sacred place called Gangasagara, and at the end of January every year there is still a great assembly of saintly persons and pious men, just as there is an assembly of saintly persons in Prayaga every year called the Magha-mela fair
- Sahadeva said, "Although demigods such as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Indra and many other exalted personalities are present in this assembly, no one can be equal to or greater than Krsna"
- Sahadeva said, "Krsna, the best amongst the members of the Yadus & the protector of His devotees, is the most exalted personality in this assembly. Therefore I think that He should without any objection be offered the honor of being worshiped first"
- Salva said, "In the great assembly at King Yudhisthira's Rajasuya-yajna, while my friend Sisupala was a little absent-minded, You took an opportunity to kill him"
- Samba (Krsna's son) took Laksmana away from the assembly by force
- Sati said to Lord Siva: I also (like my sisters) desire to decorate myself with the ornaments given to me by my father (Daksa) and go there (the great sacrificial ceremony of Daksa) with you to participate in that assembly
- Satya said, "My father arranged for an assembly for my svayamvara, and to test the strength and heroism of the prospective bridegrooms, he stipulated that they each fight with his seven ferocious bulls, which had long, sharp horns"
- She (Laksmana) was also forcibly married by Krsna, who took her in the same way that Garuda snatched the jar of nectar from the hands of the demigods. Krsna kidnapped this girl in the presence of many other princes in the assembly of her svayamvara
- She (Mitravinda) was to select her husband in an assembly of princes, but she strongly desired to have Krsna as her husband
- Similarly, Sanaka, Sanatana, Sananda & Sanat-kumara were all in the category of wise, saintly persons, and they were also attracted by devotional service. A similar thing happened to the assemblage in the Naimisaranya forest, headed by the sage Saunaka
- Simply enforcing laws and ordinances cannot make the citizens obedient and lawful. That is impossible. Throughout the entire world there are so many states, legislative assemblies and parliaments, but still the citizens are rogues and thieves
- Sisupala said, "I see here that although many stalwart personalities are present in this assembly, the influence of time is so strong that they have been misled by the statement of a boy (Sahadeva) who has foolishly spoken about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "I think that any one of them (great rsis present in the assembly) could have been selected for the first worship because they are worshipable even by the great demigods, kings and emperors"
- Sisupala said, "There are great rsis here (in the assembly) whose knowledge has no bounds, as well as many self-realized persons and brahmanas also"
- So far the picture of three-headed Brahma in the assembly of other Brahmas, I have not seen, so what can I say? Whatever is palatable to everyone, you can do it that way
- So if you want to change the mentality of the human being as it is going on, the dog's mentality, if you want to change it, you cannot do it by assembly in the United Nation and passing resolution. That is not possible
- Some of them, who thought that they could not properly take action against Sisupala, left the assembly in protest, covering their ears with their hands in order not to hear further accusations. They left the meeting, condemning the action of Sisupala
- Sometimes it is found that a nondevotee who has practically no taste for Krsna and who follows no rules or regulations can, by practice, make a show of devotional symptoms, even crying in an assembly of devotees
- Sometimes when Krsna was executing His duties in the assembly known as Sudharma, He would ask the elderly members for good advice
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is Srila Vyasadeva's last, mature contribution, and one should read and hear it in an assembly of realized souls while engaging in devotional service. At such a time one can be liberated from all material bondage
- Such literatures (Puranas) should be discussed in the assembly of devotees. Unless they are discussed by devotees, such literatures cannot be relished by the higher class of men
- Sukadeva Gosvami then glorifies the Lord as one who is honored by the yadu-vara-parisat, the assembly house of the Yadu dynasty, and as the killer of different kinds of demons
- Suta Gosvami is twice addressed by Saunaka Gosvami out of great joy because he and the members of the assembly were eager to hear the text of Bhagavatam uttered by Sukadeva Gosvami
- The city (of Indra) was full of courtyards, wide roads, assembly houses, and not less than one hundred million airplanes. The crossroads were made of pearl, and there were sitting places made of diamond and coral
- The doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was ordered to present him (a person) before the Lord, and the man appeared and offered his respectful obeisances unto the Lord with folded hands
- The entire assembly looked as beautiful as an assembly of the demigods of heaven
- The father should give education at home. Leaders should give education in institution. Politicians should give education in their assemblies, congress. Guru should give education how to surrender to Kṛṣṇa. The father & mother should educate
- The great sage named Bhrgu, the son of Lord Brahma, was deputed to test all three predominating deities and report to the assembly as to who is the greatest
- The heart of the body can be compared to the assembly house of the capital, for the living entity is within the heart along with the Paramatma
- The Lord (Krsna) would go to the assembly house known as Sudharma. It may be remembered that the Sudharma assembly house was taken away from the heavenly planets and established in the city of Dvaraka
- The Mahabharata was compiled by Vyasadeva after the Battle of Kuruksetra and after the death of all the heroes of Mahabharata. It was first spoken in the royal assembly of Maharaja Janamejaya, the son of Maharaja Pariksit
- The Mahabharata was first spoken in the royal assembly of Maharaja Janamejaya, the son of Maharaja Pariksit
- The man brought before Lord Krsna by the doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was a messenger from all these imprisoned kings. Being duly presented before the Lord, the man began to relay a message from the kings, as follows
- The maya is so strong that as soon as I am sitting in a solitary place, then I'll think of money and women. Therefore we should live always in assembly and chant Hare Krsna and save ourself from the danger of material falldown
- The messenger reached the royal assembly of Krsna in Dvaraka and conveyed the message given by his master, Paundraka
- The specific quality of this assembly house was that anyone participating in a meeting within it would overcome the influence of invalidity due to old age
- The specific significance of the (Sudharma) assembly house was that anyone who entered it would be freed from the six kinds of material pangs, namely hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death
- The state assembly house is constructed according to the dignity of the particular state. In the heavenly planets, the state assembly house called Sudharma was deserving of the dignity of the best of the demigods
- The svayamvara is a ceremony in which the bride can select her own husband from an assembly of many princes
- The whole city was full of residential homes, assembly houses and temples, all of different architectural beauty. All of this made Dvaraka a glowing city
- The yogi's business is always to remain alone in a secluded place. Alone and secluded place. Yoga cannot be performed in assembly
- There are many who observe silence some day in a week. Vaisnavas, however, do not observe such silence. Silence means not speaking foolishly. Speakers at assemblies, conferences and meetings generally speak foolishly like toads
- There is Kumbha-mela. These assemblies are not advertised. People know it by parampara. I am speaking to you; you are speaking to your friend. In this way they know it, and on that particular day they assemble at a place, just like Prayaga
- There were then many big palaces (in Varanasi), assembly houses, marketplaces and gates, with large and very important monuments by the palaces and gates. Lecturing platforms could be found at each and every crossroads
- These (hunger, thirst, lamentation, illusion, old age and death) are the whips of material existence, and as long as one remained in that Sudharma assembly house he would not be affected by these six material whips
- They (the priests, along with Bali Maharaja and all the members of the assembly) began to ask one another whether the sun-god himself, Sanat-kumara or the fire-god had personally come to see the sacrificial ceremony
- This advice of Uddhava's was appreciated by all who were present in the assembly; everyone considered that Lord Krsna's going to Hastinapura would be beneficial from all points of view
- This assembly house had some corners so puzzling that when Duryodhana came to visit this house he was misdirected, accepting water as land and land as water
- Thus all the great wrestlers were killed by Krsna and Balarama, and the remaining wrestlers fled from the assembly out of fear for their lives
- To induce Sakuntala to accept the marriage, Maharaja Dusmanta reminded her that as the daughter of a king she could select her husband in an open assembly
- To rule the mass of citizens in a state and keep them in a complete progressive order is not possible simply by passing laws every year in a legislative assembly. The varnasrama-dharma is essential in a good government
- When a person is seated on the vyasasana, he does not generally have to stand to receive a particular person entering the assembly, but in this case (with Romaharsana) the situation was different because Lord Baladeva is not an ordinary human being
- When all the members of the royal assembly, including King Ugrasena, heard this message (Paundraka inviited Krsna to a battle) sent by Paundraka, they laughed very loudly for a considerable time
- When Daksa, the leader of the Prajapatis, entered that assembly, his personal bodily luster as bright as the effulgence of the sun, the entire assembly was illuminated, and all the assembled personalities became insignificant in his presence
- When everything was complete, the wrestlers who were to exhibit their skills before the assembly walked into the arena. They were decorated with nice ornaments and dress. Some of the famous wrestlers were Canura, Mustika, Sala, Kuta and Tosala
- When Krsna was insulted by Sisupala in the assembly of raja-suya yajna convened by Maharaj Yudhisthira, there was a great turmoil amongst the Pandavas and Kurus, involving grandfather Bhisma
- When Lord Balarama visited that place (Naimisaranya) there was a great sacrifice being performed by a great assembly of transcendentalists. Such meetings were planned to last thousands of years
- When Lord Krsna was thus worshiped by King Yudhisthira, all the members present in the assembly stood up with folded hands and began to chant, "Jaya! Jaya! Namah! Namah!"
- When Lord Krsna, the Supersoul of every living being, understood that the ladies in the assembly were anxious for Him, He decided not to continue wrestling but to kill the wrestlers immediately
- When she (Draupadi) was lost in a gambling game, she was forcibly dragged into the assembly hall, and an attempt was made by Duhsasana to see her naked beauty, even though there were elderly persons like Bhisma and Drona present
- When Sisupala was thus killed, a great roar and howl went up from the crowd. Taking advantage of that disturbance, the few kings who were supporters of Sisupala quickly left the assembly out of fear for their lives
- When the demigods were deprived of their heavenly kingdom, they went to the assembly house of Lord Brahma and informed Lord Brahma of what had happened
- When the elderly brahmana's son heard this, he took the opportunity to juggle some words. Becoming very impudent, he stood before the assembly and spoke as follows
- When the fire-god had been present long ago at the assembly of Saptarsi, he was attracted by the beauty of Suki when she was circumambulating in the same way. Agni's wife, named Svaha, took the form of Suki and enjoyed sex life with Agni
- When the sons of Dhrtarastra tried to disrobe Draupadi in the assembly of the Kurus, Bhisma and Drona were silent, and for such negligence of duty they should be killed
- When they (the brahmanas) were old invalids, they used to approach with their wives the assembly of the kings, and simply by praising the glorious deeds performed by the kings they would be provided with all necessities of life
- When we held Krsna festival in Bombay, Calcutta, twenty-thousand, thirty-thousand people come. By nature. We cannot expect this big assembly in other countries. That is my experience. But India, because it is Bharata-varsa, it is very easy
- Without touching the original cows and cowherd boys kept by Brahma, Krsna had created another assembly of calves and boys, who were all expansions of visnu-tattva. Thus Brahma's mystic power was superseded