Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Yoga-nidra (3 P)
Pages in category "Yoga-nidra"
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.
- The duration of a day in the life of Brahma is 4,320,000,000 solar years. This is stated also in the Bhagavad-gita. And for this same period Brahmaji rests at night in yoga-nidra within the body of the Garbhodakasayi Visnu, the generator of Brahma
- The first purusa incarnation of Govinda, Lord Krsna, known as the Maha-visnu, goes into a yoga-nidra mystic sleep, and the innumerable universes are situated in potency in each and every hair hole of His transcendental body
- The practice of yoga is similar to the yoga-nidra of Maha-visnu. Yogis are advised to keep their eyes half closed, but this state is not at all one of sleep, although imitation yogis, especially in the modern age, manifest their so-called yoga by sleeping
- The stage of self-realization is called yoga-nidra. All material activities appear to be a dream when one is spiritually awakened. Thus yoga-nidra may be explained to be Yogamaya
- The Supreme Lord rests in yoga-nidra, as previously discussed. And because He sleeps, naturally He must breathe, and the Brahma-samhita confirms that within His breathing period innumerable Brahmas take birth and die
- We should not understand the sleeping condition of the Lord to be the same as our sleep. Here the word yoga-nidra is specifically mentioned, which indicates that the Lord's sleeping condition is also a manifestation of His internal potency
- When Yogamaya, the supreme power of the supremely powerful Personality of Godhead, transferred Lord Sesa from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini, both Devaki and Rohini were under Yogamaya's spell, which is called yoga-nidra