widow | widowed | widower | widowhood | widows | widow's
Pages in category "Widow"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- A faithful wife cannot live without her lord, the husband, and therefore all widows used to voluntarily embrace the burning fire which consumed the dead husband
- A sannyasi is considered to be a dead man civilly, and therefore the wife becomes a civil widow without connection with her former husband
- A widow is a widow only in name if there is a son of her husband existing
- Abhimanyu's widow, Uttara, should have followed the path of her husband, but because she was pregnant, and Maharaja Pariksit, a great devotee of the Lord, was lying in embryo, she was responsible for his protection
- After the Battle of Kuruksetra, after all the sons and grandsons of Dhrtarastra died in battle, all the wives of the family were obliged to loosen their hair as widows
- All the wives of the Kuru family became widows because of Duhsasana's insulting a great devotee of the Lord
- Anyone who cannot collect money, they should go to Mayapur and live there and simply eat and sleep, like women and widows. I shall arrange for their eating and sleeping
- Arjuna visited Dvaraka, and all the widow wives of Lord Krsna lamented before him. He took them all in the presence of Vasudeva and pacified all of them
- As far as my daughter-in-law Kunti is concerned, upon the great General Pandu's death, she became a widow with many children, and therefore she suffered greatly. And when you were grown up she suffered a great deal also because of your actions
- Because of this (son-in-law of Sarvabhauma criticized Caitainya while He was eating sumptuously), Sathi's mother cursed him by praying that Sathi would become a widow. In other words, she cursed her son-in-law to die
- Being now alone and a widow in that forest, the daughter of Vidarbha began to lament, incessantly shedding tears, which soaked her breasts, and crying very loudly
- Bhismadeva was the most affectionate grandfather of the Pandavas and caretaker of the widow daughter-in-law Kuntidevi
- By the woman's dress, one will understand who is she - whether she is living with her husband, whether she is widow, whether she is unmarried, or whether her husband is out of home, or whether she is prostitute. The culture is so nice, simply by the dress
- Dear Lord, You are a learned teacher. Why then don't You consider that this boy is the son of a widowed brahmani? Why are You so affectionate to him
- Due to Pandu's death at an early age his minor children & widow were the object of special care by all the elderly members of the family especially Bhismadeva and Mahatma Vidura. He was more or less partial to the Pandavas due to their political position
- I (Krsna) have heard that after King Pandu's death, his young sons - Yudhisthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Nakula and Sahadeva - along with their widowed mother, have come under the charge of Dhrtarastra, who is to look after them as their guardian
- I don't know who has given you this idea of shaving your head and wearing white garments. In India only the widows are allowed to shave head. I have never suggested your husband to take to Sannyas
- If she (a woman) has no grown-up sons she must go back to her father and live as a widow under his protection. It appears that Kamsa had no grown-up sons. Therefore, after his wives became widows they returned to the shelter of their father
- The bogus saviors do not care for bona fide knowledge received from qualified brahmanas and Vedic sources. Their only business is indulging in sex and recommending sexual freedom even for widows
- The gopis said, "If we accept You (Krsna) as our ultimate husband, then there is no question of being separated, divorced or widowed"
- The king would give special protection to illiterates, the helpless and widows of the state. Defense measures were arranged previous to any attack by the enemies
- The sufferings of Kuntidevi are doubly lamented. She suffered greatly because of early widowhood and to get her minor children brought up in the royal family
- This (Kuntidevi was shown far more favor) was done because Devaki's husband, Vasudeva, was living, whereas Kuntidevi was a widow, and there was none to help her except Krsna
- This prophecy of Narada Muni to Maharaja Yudhisthira forbade him to go to his widowed aunt
- When Sathi's mother, the Bhattacarya's wife, heard of this incident, she immediately began to strike her head and chest, saying again and again, "Let Sathi become a widow"
- When the male members are killed, the female members become widow, and they, their character becomes polluted. So many things Krsna will speak about this family life
- Widow means one who hasn't got husband or husband is dead. So if the husband's representative is there, strictly speaking, she is not widow