welcome | welcomed | welcomers | welcomes | welcoming
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Welcome"
The following 105 pages are in this category, out of 105 total.
- A child is generally welcome in his attempts to go places, but if it so happens that a child is checked from entering a door, he naturally becomes very sorry and angry. That is the nature of a child
- A devotee is pleased when there is difficulty, for in these difficulties he is forced to remember Krsna. We cannot expect that the people of Kali-yuga will welcome our attempt to spread Krsna consciousness
- A devotee never takes dangerous position as very reverse position or very calamitous position. He welcomes. Because a surrendered soul, he knows either danger or festival, they are all different demonstration of Krsna. Krsna is absolute
- Acyutananda wanted to come back, so it was very welcome suggestion. But I think he might have changed his decision again. I do not know what to do with this boy. And if they want to remain in India, they must do something tangible work for our society
- Although Indra saw his spiritual master before him, he did not rise from his own seat or offer a seat to his spiritual master, nor did Indra offer him a respectful welcome. Indra did nothing to show him respect
- Although the order of his father could not be rejected, the Prince did not welcome it. Thus he very conscientiously raised the question of whether he might be diverted from devotional service by accepting the responsibility of ruling over the world
- Although there is perpetual animosity between the demons and demigods, Narada Muni is welcomed everywhere
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these words, He immediately welcomed Raghunatha dasa. "Come here," He said. Raghunatha dasa then clasped the lotus feet of the Lord, but the Lord stood up and embraced him out of His causeless mercy
- As soon as they (members of the yadu dynasty) saw the residents of Vrndavana, they stood up to welcome them and appeared to have regained their life
- At the present moment, cinema artists, especially female singers, are especially welcome. Some of them earn fabulous amounts of money simply by singing
- Bali Maharaja then said to Lord Vamanadeva: O brahmana, I offer You my hearty welcome and my respectful obeisances. Please let us know what we may do for You. We think of You as the personified austerity of the great brahmana-sages
- Being enlivened by the musical concert, they (the wrestlers) passed through with great alacrity. All the respectable cowherd men who came from Vrndavana, headed by Nanda, were also welcomed by Kamsa
- Bhismadeva was one of the twelve great authorities in preaching this cult of devotional service, and therefore he could receive and welcome all the powerful sages assembled there at his deathbed from all parts of the universe
- Bhismadeva, who was the best amongst the eight Vasus, received and welcomed all the great and powerful rsis who were assembled there, for he knew perfectly all the religious principles according to time and place
- Both the important citizens and the common citizens welcomed the King very heartily, and he also bestowed upon them their desired blessings
- Brahmaji collected the water emanating from the nails of His (Krsna's) feet in order to award it to Lord Siva as a worshipful welcome. This very water (the Ganges) is purifying the whole universe, including Lord Siva
- By chanting all these mantras, welcoming the Supreme Personality of Godhead with faith and devotion, and offering Him items of worship (such as padya and arghya), one should worship Kesava, Hrsikesa, Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- For her father neither talked with her nor welcomed her by asking about her welfare
- For Narada Muni, the door of every house is open. Although there is perpetual animosity between the demons and demigods, Narada Muni is welcomed everywhere
- Forgetting her natural inclination for passion and ignorance, the woman becomes obedient and faithful to her husband, who is situated in goodness. Such a life becomes very welcome
- Having been welcomed by His brother Bharata, Lord Ramacandra entered the city of Ayodhya in the midst of a festival
- He (Bhismadeva) was certainly unable at that time to welcome and receive them (powerful sages) physically because he was neither at his home nor in a normal healthy condition
- He has eyes like a monkey's, yet he has married my daughter, whose eyes are just like those of a deer cub. Nevertheless he did not stand up to receive me, nor did he think it fit to welcome me with sweet words
- His brilliant effulgence diminished the brilliance of all the priests and their disciples, who thus stood from their seats and welcomed the Lord properly by offering obeisances
- I (Kasyapa Muni) wonder whether because of being too attached to the members of your (Aditi's) family, you failed to properly receive uninvited guests, who therefore were not welcomed and went away
- I always welcome to get letters from my beloved disciples, but unless there is some urgent matter it is better if all of the students will address their questions from South Pacific and Australia zone to you
- I am always at your service, and you are welcome to write and inquire from me at any time
- I am getting older and older and it is getting difficult for me, therefore I am requesting all my younger disciples to preach all over the world. Otherwise, you are always welcome in Vrndavana. I have no objection
- I am going to Mayapur tomorrow morning, and you are welcome to come to our Sri Candra doya Mandir there and see me
- I did not mean by the memo that you shall stop correspondence. If you understood like that, then I say that you can send me every day one letter, and it will be welcome
- I have got always time to answer the letters of sincere souls because my life is dedicated for their service. So you are always welcome to send your inquiries
- I welcome your suggestion. I have advised my assistants to publish one chapter in each issue from the Bhagavat Maha-Purana
- I wonder whether because of being too attached to the members of your family, you failed to properly receive uninvited guests, who therefore were not welcomed and went away
- If a benevolent and merciful person exhibits his pride in becoming poverty-stricken by giving his possessions in charity for good causes, his poverty is a welcome and auspicious sign of a great personality
- If money comes, you don't hate it. Welcome. But it should be used properly. That is proper use. If you use properly your money, then you make your path parapavarga, clear. And if you misuse your money, then you become again entangled
- If one is materially well equipped it is welcome but devotional service does not depend on material qualifications
- If the Varnasramadharma can be instituted it is welcome, but it is a little difficult today to do. If it can be done we want that. Training is required
- If this movie induces people to chant and dance it is O.K. If it aids our cause then it is welcome
- In India, after the scorching heat of the summer, the rainy season is very welcome. The clouds accumulating in the sky, covering the sun and the moon, become very pleasing to the people, and they expect rainfall at every moment
- In order to properly receive Lord Balarama, they (Kurus) all took in their hands auspicious paraphernalia for His reception and went to see Him outside the city gate. According to their respective positions, they welcomed Lord Balarama
- In the rainy season, the clouds, tossed by the wind, deliver water which is welcomed like nectar
- Indeed, a child is generally welcome in his attempts to go places, but if it so happens that a child is checked from entering a door, he naturally becomes very sorry and angry
- King Pururava said: O most beautiful woman, you are welcome. Please sit here and tell me what I can do for you. You may enjoy with me as long as you desire. Let us pass our life happily in a sexual relationship
- Krsna said, "Even though they are trees and animals, these residents of Vrndavana are glorifying You. They are prepared to welcome You to the best of their ability, as is the practice of great souls in receiving another great soul at home"
- Krsna said, "My dear brother, You are the supreme worshipable Godhead. Just see how the peacocks are dancing before You in great ecstasy. The deer, whose behavior is just like that of the gopis, are welcoming You with the same affection"
- Krsna said, "The cuckoos who are residing in this forest are welcoming You (Balarama) with their joyful, sweet cries because they consider that Your appearance in their home is so auspicious"
- Maharaja Pariksit, since he was one of the well-known emperors of the world, was also presented with addresses of welcome in all parts of the world as he visited those places
- My blessings are there that you may always have the strength to act according to my orders. Yes, I am feeling a little better. You are welcome to come in January. Thank you for your wanting to help relieve me from the management burdens
- My dear young wife, certainly friends and relatives offer mutual greetings by standing up, welcoming one another and offering obeisances
- O best of the Kurus, when Kasyapa Muni had been properly received and welcomed, he took his seat and then spoke as follows to his wife, Aditi, who was very morose
- Once upon a time, King Uttanapada was patting the son of Suruci, Uttama, placing him on his lap. Dhruva Maharaja was also trying to get on the King's lap, but the King did not very much welcome him
- One queen addressed a swan as follows: "My dear swan, please come here, come here. You are welcome. Please sit down and take some milk. My dear swan, can you tell me if you have any message from Syamasundara?"
- Only when a conditioned soul accepts the body as himself does he feel the effects of chastisement or praise. Then he determines one person to be his enemy and another his friend and wants to chastise the enemy and welcome the friend
- Sarvabhauma met with all the devotees and offered them a proper welcome. They were all pleased to see Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sex life without this botheration, it is welcome. We welcome that. Sex is enjoyment; that is all right. But here (in sastra) it is condemned because it is entailed with so many botherations
- Silken bead bag. I thank you very much for it. I am now using it for my chanting beads, so it is a welcome gift
- Simply to see the supreme abode (the Visnu planet), the sun and moon and all the other planets, stars, lunar mansions and solar systems are circumambulating it. Now please come; you are welcome to go there
- So many Vaisnavas have taken birth in America. Now America is going to be glorified. So many people are afraid of the American CIA. But now they will welcome Americans as American Vaisnavas
- Srimati Radharani was very careful this time not to say anything against Krsna. "My dear friend, I welcome you," She said. "Krsna is so kind that He has again sent you"
- Sukadeva Gosvami says: My dear King, after Agastya Muni had thus cursed King Indradyumna, the Muni left that place along with his disciples. Since the King was a devotee, he accepted Agastya Muni's curse as welcome because it was the desire of the SPG
- The citizens began to speak in ecstatic language to receive the Lord, just as wards welcome their guardian and father
- The King, not received by any formal welcome by means of being offered a seat, place, water and sweet addresses, considered himself neglected, and so thinking he became angry
- The leaders of the Kurus, especially Dhrtarastra & Duryodhana, were joyful because they knew very well that Balarama was a great well-wisher of Kurus. There were no bounds to their joy on hearing the news (Balarama arrived), & so they welcomed Uddhava
- The Lord said, "My dear uncle, I have come to your home just to ask you some questions." "Yes," the Kazi replied, "You are welcome. Just tell me what is in Your mind"
- The Queens continued, "So we are very much obliged to you (the cuckoo). Please let us know how we can welcome you or how we can do something for you"
- The report is that within the three days of Christmas holidays, we have sold one lakh worth of books within three days. So our books are being very much welcome in the Western countries, especially the Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- The sages were properly welcomed by being offered seats and water for washing their feet. Palatable fruits, garlands of flowers, incense and sandalwood pulp were presented
- The same queen said, "But would you kindly explain why He is so unkind to me? Formerly He said that I alone am His dearmost wife. Does He remember this assurance? Anyway, you are welcome. Please sit down"
- The summer season in India is not very much welcomed because of the excessive heat, but in Vrndavana everyone was pleased because summer there appeared just like spring
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead welcomed Lord Siva and Uma with great respect, and after being seated comfortably, Lord Siva duly worshiped the Lord
- The whole Vrindaban city appreciated my service in the foreign countries. Both the Municipality Chairman officially as well as the Vrajavasi public gave me address of welcome in great meetings
- There cannot be displeasure. This is my mission and you are helping me, so whatever help you are giving is welcome. There is no possibility of displeasure
- They (all the Yadus and the residents) thus welcomed one another and asked after one another's welfare. Ultimately, however, all their talk was only of Krsna
- They (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika) welcomed Lord Balarama by giving Him in charity nice cows and arghya (a mixture of arati water and an assortment of items such as honey, butter, flowers and sandalwood pulp)
- They (the gopis) welcomed him (Uddhava) with polite words, in great submissiveness, "We know that you are a most confidential associate of Krsna and that He has therefore sent you to Vrndavana to give solace to His father and mother"
- We are sure that everyone in human society will welcome Srimad-Bhagavatam, even though it is now presented with so many faults, for it is recommended by Sri Narada, who has very kindly appeared in this chapter
- We want to utilize our land there for raising flowers, vegetables and grains if possible. Jaya Laksmana's suggestions are welcome so please give him all encouragement and facility. Work together cooperatively and develop things nicely there
- What wise man would not welcome her (Devahuti), the very ornament of womanhood, the beloved daughter of Svayambhuva Manu and sister of Uttanapada?
- When a person comes at your home, never mind even if he's enemy... Friend is welcome, that's all right. But even an enemy comes, they are not forbidden. Not that in the gate there is, oh, "Beware of dog," "No trespasser allowed." No
- When He (Balarama) returned to Dvaraka, He was received with great jubilation by relatives and friends, headed by King Ugrasena and other elder persons, who all came forward to welcome Him
- When King Bhismaka learned that Damaghosa and his party were arriving, he left the city to receive them. Outside the city gate were many gardens where guests were welcome to stay
- When Lord Balarama arrived, all the participants in the meeting (at Naimisaranya) - great sages, ascetics, brahmanas and learned scholars - immediately arose from their seats and welcomed Him with great honor and respect
- When the King entered the palace, conchshells and kettledrums were sounded, priests chanted Vedic mantras, and professional reciters offered different prayers. But in spite of all this ceremony to welcome him, the King was not the least bit affected
- Wherever Lord Ramacandra visited, auspicious welcome gates were constructed, with banana trees and betel nut trees, full of flowers and fruits. The gates were decorated with various flags made of colorful cloth and with tapestries, mirrors and garlands
- While the learned brahmana (Sudama) was considering this, a group of beautiful men and women with features resembling those of the demigods, accompanied by musical chanters, approached to welcome him
- With great delight they (all the inhabitants) all approached him (Vidura), as if life had returned to their bodies. They exchanged obeisances and welcomed each other with embraces
- Yadu replied: My dear father, you have already achieved old age, although you also were a young man. But I do not welcome your old age and invalidity, for unless one enjoys material happiness, one cannot attain renunciation
- You are always welcome to question me. It is my duty to guide you also, and I am always prepared. How else you will do your work?
- You invited me to talk with your Acarya of the Mission. Now I am staying here, and if you authorize your representative in London, Srimati Vinode Vani Dasi, to talk preliminarily, then I will welcome the idea
- Your school preaching is very much welcomed by me. We are in need of new recruits to carry out so many ambitious programs here in India, so if you can infiltrate the school system as you did in America that will be a great service