Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
volume | volumes | voluminous | voluminously
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Bulk (1 C, 5 P)
Pages in category "Volume"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- According to Vedic scripture, the sinful persons are taken to the superintendent of death, and there, according to his different volumes or proportion of sinful activities, a living entity is punished
- All such talks or literatures are practical exhibitions of the urge to speak. Many people are talking nonsensically and writing volumes of useless books, and all this is the result of the urge to speak
- As long as one labors under the bodily conception, he must fulfill volumes and volumes of material desires. Thus a person is called atmarama
- Attachment for Krsna is transcendental bliss. Amid unlimited volumes of transcendental bliss, a spot of some material defect cannot act in any way
- Bahu-duhkha-bhak: after one indulges in sex, many volumes of miseries ensue. One suffers more and more in material life
- But gradually, Kaliya took advantage of this situation. He was unnecessarily puffed up by the volume of his accumulated poison, as well as by his material power, and he thought, "Why should Garuda be offered this sacrifice?"
- By this work not only you will be blessed by Krishna, which is a spiritual gift, but also your name will be recorded in the history of the Krishna Consciousness Movement, which I am sure is to grow to the largest volume of expansion
- Every volume of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Caitanya Caritamrta and any other big volumes, must have a full index. It is not a very prestigious presentation without the index. All volumes in the future must have the index
- Every word of sastra has volumes of meanings. Udga... Therefore sometimes right commentary required
- I am in receipt of your letter dated 17th inst. and copies of 8th Canto, vol 1 Srimad-Bhagavatam. Thank you very much
- I am sorry that many of the important verses in Bhagavad-gita As It Is were left without purport explanations, but the MacMillan Company wanted to minimize the volume of the book. I am not satisfied with this
- I remember when I sold the first one volume personally to the Archeological University. I sold them personally long ago. Now you must work conjointly with the other library men in India
- If someone is in distress and wants to get relief from his friend, sometimes it so happens that his friend does not appreciate the volume of distress he is suffering
- In India it is said that a little bit of a pure thing is much better than huge volumes of impure, adulterated things
- In the Boston area and especially that several bookstore chains have taken so many copies of KRSNA book and TLC So see to it that this program continues there in Boston with increasing volume. That will be a great success for our missionary activities
- In the Vedas it is distinctly said that the perfection of life is never to be attained either by voluminous work, or by accumulation of wealth or even by increasing the population. But it is so attained only by renunciation
- Many devotees of Lord Caitanya have prepared voluminous books and literatures on the life and precepts of the Lord
- My grateful acknowledgement is due to Sriman George Harrison, now chanting Hare Krsna, for his liberal contribution of $19,000 to meet the entire cost of printing this volume. May Krsna bestow upon this nice boy further advancement in Krsna consciousness
- On the full moon there are some spots which may appear to be pockmarks. Still, the illumination spread by the full moon cannot be checked. Similarly, a little fault in the midst of volumes of devotional service is not at all to be counted as a fault
- One who does not do so (eat only food offered to Kṛṣṇa) continues to increase the volume of sinful action, and this prepares the next body to resemble hogs and dogs, to suffer the resultant reactions of all sins
- Skanda Purana said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the tulasi tree, which can immediately vanquish volumes of sinful activities. Simply by seeing or touching this tree one can become relieved from all distresses and diseases"
- Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura (our spiritual master) and many other great and renowned scholars and devotees of the Lord have prepared voluminous books and literatures on the life and precepts of the Lord
- The elements of cosmic creation are all matter and have no potency to increase in volume unless entered into by the Lord in His plenary portion
- The hunter then admitted that he was convinced of his sinful activity, and he said, 'I have been taught this business from my very childhood. Now I am wondering how I can become freed from these unlimited volumes of sinful activity'
- The touchstone, after touching iron, produces volumes of gold without being changed
- There are other books also, namely, Srimad-Bhagavatam in 3 volumes, Bhagavad-gita As It Is-published by MacMillan company, and Teachings of Lord Caitanya, etc. written by me
- These four brahmacaris, the Kumaras, are recognized scholars in the Vedas and other sastras. Their unlimited volumes of knowledge, backed by austerities and penances, are exhibited by their sublime, ideal character
- Those under the clutches of Maya, thinking the Lord an ordinary person, can understand that certain exalted personalities, after accumulating volumes of pious activities, are now playing with the Lord in friendship as cowherd boys
- Those who are thinking that "I am now liberated simply by some volumes of philosophical speculation," so Bhagavata says, "No, your intelligence is not yet purified because you have not yet approached Krsna"
- To explain fully all those verses and all the transformations that took place in the Lord's body would require a very large volume
- To hear the activities of the Lord means to associate with the Lord directly, and association with the Lord directly means purification from material contamination. We have already discussed this point in the previous volume
- Tossed as we are by the waves of action and reaction, we cannot ascertain the volume of our distresses in undertaking such an ominous journey
- We are now growing in volume all over the world dealing with public money. People have respect for our movement. Now it is time for GBC members to be very very careful so that people may not point out any black spot in the behavior of our society
- We find it necessary and unavoidable in business dealings to speak lies - not to mention the volumes of lies that are spoken by members of the legal profession
- We have got many books, at least two dozen books, big, big, voluminous. So you can read them, you can try to understand this movement, and join with us