Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
vegetable | vegetables
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Vegetables"
The following 174 pages are in this category, out of 174 total.
- Animal food is not meant for the human being. For chewing solid food, the human being has a particular type of teeth meant for cutting fruits and vegetables
- If you are slaughtering animals and you are comparing that killing of the vegetables and the killing of the animals is the same, then killing your son and killing an animal is also the same. Why do you discriminate?
- Killing plants and vegetables
- Sometimes the question is put before us: "You ask us not to eat meat, but you are eating vegetables. Do you think that is not violence?"
- A civilized man is expected to live on foodstuffs comprising fruits, vegetables, grains, sugar and milk
- A devotee is to offer to Krsna foodstuffs prepared from vegetables. If the Supreme Lord wanted foodstuffs prepared from animal food, the devotee could offer this, but He does not order to do that
- A little dal, a little rice, some vegetable and a few chapatties is a substantial diet, along with a little fruit and milk. Two cups of milk a day is sufficient
- A saintly person thinks like this, "When shall I be able to live alone in the caves of the mountains? When shall I be dressed simply with undergarments? When shall I be satisfied by eating simply a little fruit and vegetables?'
- A self-sufficient community producing foodstuffs, grains and vegetables, milk products, and cloth
- Accompanied by the cowherd boys and Balarama, Krsna brought forward the cows and played on His flute as He entered the forest of Vrndavana, which was full of flowers, vegetables and pasturing grass
- According to modern scientists, the material world rests on the sun's effulgence. Due to the sunshine, all planets are rotating and vegetables are growing. We also have information that the moonshine helps vegetables and herbs grow
- According to the law of necessity, first of all human society must try to produce food grains and vegetables, but if they fail in this, they can indulge in flesh-eating. Otherwise not
- According to the Vedic system, there are two classes of food. One is called raw food, and the other is called cooked food. "Raw food" does not indicate raw vegetables and raw grains but food boiled in water, whereas cooked food is made in ghee
- Actually, human opulence means not these tin cars. Once it is dashed with another car, it is finished, no value. Human opulence means the society must have enough gold, enough jewelry, enough silk, enough grains, enough milk, enough vegetables, like that
- Advaita Prabhu continued, "At My home I have just cooked one palmful of rice. The vegetables are always very simple. There is no luxurious cooking - simply a little liquid vegetable and spinach"
- After eating all the offerings, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu started for Panihati. There, He was greatly satisfied to see the different varieties of vegetables prepared in the house of Raghava
- After filling a pot with vegetables, Advaita Acarya requested Them to eat more, and Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "How much more can I go on eating"
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said this and left, Jagadananda Pandita got up from his bed, bathed and began to cook varieties of vegetables
- Again and again when the Lord wished to get up, Jagadananda Pandita would feed Him more vegetables
- All around the three eating places were a hundred pots filled with various kinds of vegetables
- All drugs, creepers and vegetables are the hairs on your (the Lord) body, the Vedic mantras like Gayatri are the seven layers of your body, and the Vedic religious system is the core of your heart
- All the vegetables were served in pots made of banana leaves taken from trees producing at least thirty-two bunches of bananas. These pots were very strong and big and did not tilt or totter
- Among the cooked vegetables were patolas, squash, manakacu and a salad made with pieces of ginger and various types of spinach
- Amongst the various vegetables (cooked by Advaita Acarya's wife, Sita) were newly grown leaves of nimba trees fried with eggplant. The fruit known as patola was fried with phulabadi, a kind of dhal preparation first mashed and then dried in the sun
- Amongst the various vegetables were newly grown leaves of nimba trees fried with eggplant
- Animal means the four-legged animals. Vegetables are not called animals, even in dictionary
- Anyone can understand that behind the beauty of nature, behind the succulent fruits and vegetables, and behind the wonderful heat and light of the sun, there is a Friend. So we should contact that Dearmost Friend, Krsna. That is rational thinking
- Around the stack of cooked rice were stacks of capatis, and all the vegetables and liquid vegetable preparations were placed in different pots and put around them
- As soon as half of the vegetable in the pot was finished, Advaita Acarya filled it up again. In this way, as the Lord finished half of a preparation, Advaita Acarya again and again filled it up
- As soon as the process of yajna is stopped, the earth will withhold all productions -- vegetables, trees, plants, fruits, flowers, other agricultural products and minerals
- At Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's house, there was always a full stock of food. Whatever spinach, vegetables, fruit and so on were required, he collected and brought back home
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya used to cook all kinds of vegetables gathered from the forest, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased to accept these preparations
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya used to keep a stock of food grain that would last from two to four days. Where there were no people, he would cook the grain and prepare vegetables, spinach, roots and fruits collected from the forest
- Because we have to eat some other living entity, it does not mean that I shall eat my sons and daughters. "Discrimination is the best part of valor." So far we are concerned, we are eating certainly vegetable, but not directly. We eat krsna-prasadam
- Beginning early in the morning, Nrsimhananda Brahmacari cooked many varieties of food, including vegetables, cakes, sweet rice and other preparations
- Bhagavan Acarya cooked varieties of vegetables and other preparations dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He also obtained remnants of food from Lord Jagannatha and digestive aids such as ground ginger and also lime with salt
- Bhagavan Acarya prepared varieties of rice and vegetables at home and brought the Lord there alone to eat
- By the moonshine, all the vegetables are nourished. The moonshine is so pleasing that people can easily understand that they are living by the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu was offered special rice and first-class vegetables on golden plates. He thus took lunch in the company of His devotees
- Capatis, dal, rice and ordinary vegetables are called raw foods, as are fruits and salads. But puris, kachoris, samosas, sweet balls and so on are called cooked foods
- Capatis, dhal, rice and ordinary vegetables are called raw foods, as are fruits and salads. But puris, kachoris, samosas, sweet balls and so on are called cooked foods
- Drabya means vegetables, etc. And this Drabyamulyena Suddhati is only in special cases like this. It is not to done ordinarily, or unless in special circumstance. We should prepare our own foodstuff and offer as much as possible, of course
- Draupadi offered Him a container in which there was only a little fragment of some vegetable preparation, and Krsna at once ate it
- Due to the moon's influence, the vegetables become delicious. Without the moonshine, the vegetables can neither grow nor taste succulent
- During the last Magha-sankranti festival, you cooked varieties of vegetables, condensed milk, cakes and sweet rice for Me
- During the rainy season, the rain, by rejuvenating the production of vegetables on earth, enables man and animals to obtain living energy
- During the rainy season, the rain, by rejuvenating the production of vegetables on earth, enables man and animals to obtain living energy. When there is no rain, food is scarce, and man and animal simply die
- Either you eat animal or vegetable, you eat some living entity. That is inevitable. You cannot avoid. Now it is the question of selection
- Ekadasi occurs on the eleventh day after the full moon and the eleventh day after the new moon. On such days no grains, cereals or beans are eaten; simply vegetables and milk are moderately taken, and chanting and reading scriptures are increased
- Five to seven men prepared a huge quantity of capatis, which were sufficiently covered with ghee (clarified butter), as were all the vegetables, rice and dhal
- Food grains, ghee, yogurt and milk, these are the basis of all food. Vegetables and fruits are subsidiary. Hundreds and thousands of preparations can be made out of grains, vegetables, ghee, milk and yogurt
- From Bengal the devotees had brought varieties of Bengali food that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu liked. They also cooked various grains and vegetables in their homes and offered them to the Lord
- From higher planets, they fall down with water, and then again, like bubbles, begins from water, life. As the water dries up, then vegetables
- From higher planets, they fall down with water, and then again, like bubbles, begins from water, life. As the water dries up, then vegetables, and then... Jalaja nava-laksani sthavara laksa... (Padma Purana). Then moving animals and ants, reptiles
- From time to time, Advaita Acarya and others would invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for home-cooked rice and varieties of vegetables
- From today on it will be a rule that I shall accept only one-fourth of a pot of Lord Jagannatha's prasadam and five gandas' worth of vegetables
- Frozen means nasty. I never take frozen. In the beginning I thought, "Oh, it is very nice. You can get fresh vegetable." But they are not at all fresh
- He (Jagadananda Pandita) had cooked fine rice, mixed it with ghee and piled it high on a banana leaf. There were also varieties of vegetables, placed all around in pots made of banana tree bark
- He would periodically cook rice with various vegetables and invite Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to his home
- Human teeth are so made that they can chew and cut fruit and vegetables, although there are two canine teeth so that primitive humans can eat flesh if they so desire
- Hundreds and thousands of preparations can be made out of grains, vegetables, ghee, milk and yogurt. The food offered to Gopala in the Annakuta ceremony contained only these five ingredients
- Hundreds of delicacies can be prepared simply by the combination of grains, vegetables and milk. All such preparations are in the mode of goodness and therefore may be offered to the Personality of Godhead
- I come to your home again and again to eat all the sweetmeats and vegetables you offer
- I enter into each planet, and by My energy they stay in orbit. I become the moon and thereby supply the juice of life to all vegetables
- I have already tested how the people here like the Vegetable Prasadam prepared by me. They will forget meat eating and they will pay for the expenses
- I thank you for your concern for my disciples' health. Actually, they are getting ghee and other milk products daily along with capatis, dhal, and rice. They are also taking fruits and vegetables daily
- If I am satisfied by some grains and vegetables and fruits and milk, if my health is properly kept, why should I eat more than that simply for satisfying the palate, my tongue?
- If Krishna wants vegetable foodstuff, therefore we supply Him vegetable foodstuff, and if He wants non-vegetarian foodstuff, we can offer Him also, but He does not want it, as it is explicitly stated in the Bhagavad-gita
- If there is time and if your population has got sufficient food grains, then you can try to grow other fruits and vegetables for exporting. The first necessity is that you should be self-sufficient. That is God's arrangement
- In great affection, Bhagavan Acarya cooked varieties of vegetables and other preparations dear to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In great happiness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then accepted the lunch. When He had tasted the vegetables, He again began to speak
- In this way, Nityananda Prabhu and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate and talked with Advaita Acarya jokingly. After eating half of each vegetable preparation given to Him, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu abandoned it and went on to the next
- In Vallabhapura there was a permanent arrangement to cook nine kilos of rice, vegetables and other foodstuffs daily, and near the village there is sufficient land, which belonged to the Deity, on which this rice was grown
- India you will find in the bazaars. There is crowd, and the cows enter there, and they eat the vegetables to their heart's content. But he is not punishable. Still the cow is not punishable
- It appears that when different kinds of drugs, creepers, grass and vegetables are put into this milk and the milk is churned, as milk is churned for butter, the active principles of the vegetables and drugs mix with the milk, and the result is nectar
- It is due to the Supreme Personality of Godhead that the moon nourishes all vegetables. Due to the moon's influence, the vegetables become delicious. Without the moonshine, the vegetables can neither grow nor taste succulent
- Kasi Misra and Tulasi, the superintendent of the temple, brought as much prasadam as five hundred men could eat. Seeing the large quantity of prasadam, which consisted of rice, cakes, sweet rice and a variety of vegetables, Caitanya was very satisfied
- King Prthu is herein compared to the earthly planet as far as his tolerance is concerned. Although the earth is always trampled upon by men and animals, it still gives food to them by producing grains, fruits and vegetables
- Krsna eats all these things. Patram puspam phalam toyam, vegetables, liquid things, water, milk, and so many other things, grains. So you offer to Krsna
- Laphra-vyanjana is a combination of several green vegetables all mixed together. It is often mixed with rice and delivered to poor men. Amrta-gutika is a preparation of thick puri mixed with condensed milk
- Laphra-vyanjana is a preparation in which many vegetables are boiled together, and then a chenka is added, consisting of spices like cumin, black pepper and mustard seed
- Living beings live on the produce of grains and vegetables, and by eating such foodstuff they get vital power of the body in the shape of blood and semen, and from blood and semen one living being is able to create other living beings
- Lord Visnu said: O demigods, cast into the ocean of milk all kinds of vegetables, grass, creepers and drugs. Then, with My help, making Mandara Mountain the churning rod and Vasuki the rope for churning, churn the ocean of milk with undiverted attention
- Means of livelihood. It is recommended for everyone: trees, vegetables - that is his real means of livelihood, not this industry. Trees, vegetables, they are the real means of life, equally, in all seasons
- Mixed smell is sometimes perceived in foodstuffs prepared from various ingredients, such as vegetables mixed with different kinds of spices and asafoetida
- My father used to do that. He'd go to a vegetable vendor. He has got a big basket, and he'll say, "What do you want for all, the whole basket" So he is ready, because he'll sit down so long, so at very cheap rate he'll give it
- My Lord, You manifest as many incarnations as there are species of life, namely the aquatics, the vegetables, the reptiles, the birds, the beasts, the men, the demigods, etc., just for the maintenance of the faithful and the annihilation of the unfaithful
- On the rice and vegetables were tulasi flowers, and in front of the Lord were cakes, sweet rice and other prasadam of Jagannatha
- One day Bhagavan Acarya invited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to dine at his home. Thus he was preparing rice and various types of vegetables
- Others are attracted by eating vegetables, creepers, spinach or milk products, but all for the satisfaction of the tongue's demands
- Pots of yogurt, milk, buttermilk and sikharini, sweet rice, cream and solid cream were placed alongside the vegetables
- Prasadam is offered only from the category of fruits, vegetables, grains, milk products, and sugar. This is according to the Bhagavad-gita wherein Krishna states what He accepts
- Preparing nice, simple vegetable dishes
- Ramai Pandita and Raghunatha Bhatta did the cooking, and I want to give them some rice and vegetables
- Regarding frozen vegetables, they are not bad, but if they are twice boiled, then they should not be used
- Regarding Jadurani's diet, let her take fruits, vegetables, milk, capatis, and also when she is hungry she may take a little rice and some thin mung dahl
- Sacimata said, "I wish Nimai would eat all the nice vegetables I cook. That is my desire"
- She (mother Saci) offered rice cooked from sali paddies, various kinds of vegetables, spinach, curry made of banana flowers, fried patola with nimba leaves, pieces of ginger with lemon, and also yogurt, milk, sugar candy and many other foods
- Simple food like rice, dhal, capatis, vegetables, milk and sugar constitute a balanced diet, but sometimes it is found that an initiated person, in the name of prasada, eats very luxurious foodstuffs
- Simply becoming vegetarian is no great qualification. Somebody is taking meat and somebody is taking vegetable, it does not make any difference
- So far as eating only two chopaties and a little vegetables daily, I never said that. I do not know why such news has spread without my written authority
- So it is good that you are seeing that they are happy and healthy. They should be given milk at least 8 ounces a day if possible 16 ounces a day. Dahl, capati, rice, vegetable this will keep them fit. If possible a little bit of fruit also
- So many straws and vegetables, they gather together. And sometimes the same vegetables and straws are thrown asunder. One is there, one is here. So here also, we assemble here as society, friendship and love exactly like that
- So these items: rice, wheat, vegetables, dahl and milk is sufficient for nutrition. Above that, you take little fruit, it is very good
- Sometimes they put forward this argument that "You are also eating vegetables. They have got life. Why you object that nonvegetarians who are eating four legged animals...?"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate only half of the rice and vegetables, and whatever remained was taken by Govinda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "You can give Me the ordinary vegetable known as laphra-vyanjana, and you may deliver to all the devotees better preparations like cakes, sweet rice and amrta-gutika"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought that all three servings were meant for distribution; therefore He asked for another two banana leaves, saying, "Let Us have a very little quantity of vegetable and rice"
- Take in the morning sugar candy juice. Just soak some sugar candy overnight in water and take early in the morning and that will help you. Don't take any fatty vegetables. Take green vegetables in salad with lime juice. Green papaya boiled is also nice.
- Ten brahmanas cooked the food grains, and five brahmanas cooked both dry and liquid vegetables
- That day, a brahmana extended an invitation to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. When Govinda accepted only five gandas' worth of vegetables and a fourth of a pot of rice, the brahmana, in great despair, struck his head with his hand and cried, "Alas! Alas"
- The abode known as Kailasa is full of different herbs and vegetables, and it is sanctified by Vedic hymns and mystic yoga practice. Thus the residents of that abode are demigods by birth and have all mystic powers
- The ayurvedic system is to take ½ of what you can eat only, the fill ¼ with water and leave ¼ for air. That will make for proper digestion. Little rice, dahl, some vegetables, some chopaties, like that, but eat right to the point to keep health steady
- The best food is the remnants of what is offered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In Bhagavad-gita the Supreme Lord says that He accepts preparations of vegetables, flour and milk when offered with devotion
- The cooked rice was a stack of very fine grains nicely cooked, and in the middle was yellow clarified butter from the milk of cows. Surrounding the stack of rice were pots made of the skins of banana trees, & in these pots were varieties of vegetables
- The cow does not give as much milk as it used to give formerly. The production of vegetables and fruits is less than before. As such, all living beings, both men and animals, do not have sumptuous, nourishing food
- The devotee should not be anxious about cooking food; whatever is available in the forest or in the city among the fruit and vegetable groups should be offered to the Deity, and the devotee should be satisfied eating that
- The duty of a person in the renounced order is to chant the Hare Krsna mantra always. He should satisfy his belly with whatever vegetables, leaves, fruits and roots are available
- The human necessities of life are fully supplied by the Lord in the shape of food grains, milk, fruit, wood, stone, sugar, silk, jewels, cotton, salt, water, vegetables, etc
- The human necessities of life are fully supplied by the Lord in the shape of food grains, milk, fruit, wood, stone, sugar, silk, jewels, cotton, salt, water, vegetables, etc., in sufficient quantity to feed and care for the human race of the world
- The Lord said, "Last year in the month of Pausa, when Nrsimhananda gave Me varieties of sweetmeats and vegetables to eat, they were so good that I felt I had never before eaten such preparations"
- The Lord said, "Spread another leaf with a helping of rice and vegetables so that today you and I may take lunch together"
- The Lord was always very happy to eat these forest vegetables, and He was even happier when He had an opportunity to stay in a solitary place
- The Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, cannot be offered anything beyond the range of good foodstuffs like rice, dal, wheat, vegetables, milk and milk preparations, and sugar
- The productive energy of the laborer is misused when he is occupied by industrial enterprises. Industry of various types cannot produce the essential needs of man, namely rice, wheat, grains, milk, fruits and vegetables
- The species of life evolved from aquatics to plants, vegetables, trees; thereafter insects, reptiles, flies, birds, then beasts, and then human kind. This is the gradual process of evolution of species of life
- The vegetable preparations were made from various kinds of spinach, roots and fruits collected from the forest, and someone made bada and badi by mashing dhal. In this way the brahmanas prepared all kinds of food
- The word uru-rasam is also significant here. Hundreds of delicacies can be prepared simply by the combination of grains, vegetables and milk. All such preparations are in the mode of goodness and therefore may be offered to the Personality of Godhead
- There is no expenditure. The cow will go out and eat some vegetables and grass, so you haven't got to spend anything for the cow. And when she returns, she gives you milk, nice milk
- There is no need for men to eat animals, because there is an ample supply of grains, vegetables, fruits and milk. Such simple foodstuff is considered to be in the mode of goodness according to the Bhagavad-gita
- There is not a single factory in the whole world which can manufacture wheats, rice, grains, or vegetables, or something like that. So we should consider it that these foodstuff which we eat daily, they are produced by God's mercy
- There is, however, an intimate relation between the hairs on the body and the vegetation on the body of the earth. The vegetables are nourishment for the skin both as food and medicine
- There was sukhta, bitter melon mixed with all kinds of vegetables, defying the taste of nectar. There were five types of bitter and pungent sukhtas
- There were a number of pots made of the bark of banana trees and the leaves of the keya plant. These pots were filled with various cooked vegetables and placed on all sides of the leaf
- There were preparations of dugdha-tumbi, dugdha-kusmanda, vesara, laphra, moca-ghanta, moca-bhaja and other vegetables
- There were small cakes in sweet and sour sauce and five or six kinds of sour preparations. All the vegetables were so made that everyone present could take prasadam
- There were varieties of cakes, sweet rice and fine cooked rice that surpassed the taste of nectar. There were also varieties of vegetables
- These are the names of some of the pickles and condiments in the bags of Raghava Pandita: amra-kasandi, ada-kasandi, jhala-kasandi, nembu-ada, tailamra and ama-satta. With great attention, Damayanti also made dried bitter vegetables into a powder
- These things are the foodstuffs in goodness: rice, dal, wheat, that means grains. Then sugar, fruits, vegetables, milk products. These foods are in the goodness
- They also offered phula-badi, liquid mung dhal and many vegetables, all cooked according to the Lord's taste
- They are already killing animals for flesh, so when there will no longer be grains, vegetables and fruits, they will kill their own sons and fathers and eat their flesh for sustenance
- They began to inquire about the Lord, who is situated in all living entities, internally and externally. Indeed, they even asked all the plants and vegetables about Him, the Supreme Person
- They have simplified their life. And gradually develop, make little cottages, and grow little vegetable, little barley or wheat and milk. That is sufficient. We don't require much. We don't want luxury. We want just to subsist
- This is most uncommon! How was this arrangement of rice and vegetables finished within six hours
- Those who are vegetarian, they are thinking that "We are better than the nonvegetarian." But it is not the fact. Either you eat vegetables or nonvegetable, you are liable to be punished because you are accepting something without offering to the supplier
- Thus a Vaisnava should not ask anything from anyone else. If someone gives him something without being asked, he should accept it, but if nothing comes, a Vaisnava should be satisfied to eat whatever vegetables and fruits are easily available
- Thus with great care and attention Raghava Pandita prepares spinach, other vegetables, radishes, fruits, chipped rice, powdered rice and sweetmeats
- Trees and vegetables, not industry, provide the real means of life
- We are taking vegetables not as vegetarian. We are taking as Krsna prasadam, remnants of foodstuff offered to Krsna
- We live by food grains, vegetables and milk products as it is stated in the Bhagavad gita All living bodies subsist on food grains which are due to rains come by proper proformance of sacrifice Human life is meant for sacrifice to please Visnu
- We should understand that He will not accept meat, fish and eggs. Vegetables, grains, fruits, milk and water are the proper foods for human beings and are prescribed by Lord Krsna Himself
- What is the use of this industry, slaughterhouse? You get these, all these things. Have enough food grains, enough milk, enough fruits, enough vegetables, clear, nice river water. There is, there is no need of constructing water works. Why?
- When Laksmana brings all the vegetables, fruits and roots from the forest, Sita will do the necessary cooking
- When she saw that all the pots were still filled with rice and vegetables, there was some doubt in her mind, and she was astonished
- While creating all the planets in the universe, Lord Brahma also created the seeds of various grains, herbs, plants and trees. When sufficient water falls from the clouds, the seeds fructify and produce fruits, grains, vegetables, etc
- While Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya personally distributed the prasadam, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested him, "Please give Me only boiled vegetables"
- With great care and attention Raghava Pandita prepares spinach, other vegetables, radishes, fruits, chipped rice, powdered rice and sweetmeats
- Within the sunshine all the planets have grown, and in each and every planet, due to the sunshine the vegetables are growing. There are leaves. When there is no sunshine the leaf falls down
- You can cook in your own taste, but it must be from this group - vegetables, fruits, grains and milk - not meat
- You have to eat the grains and the fruits and the vegetables along with a slice of meat, you take. Still, for that slice of meat, you are killing so many poor animals. How much sinful it is
- You have to eat. These things are eatable: food grains, vegetables, fruits, milk, sugar. That's all. Why should we eat nonsense things? This will keep your health very nice. Sattvikahara