Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
undesirable | undesirables
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Undesirable"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- A forest fire cannot be extinguished by any human efforts. The fire can be extinguished only by the mercy of the Lord, who sends clouds to pour water on the forest. Similarly, undesirable happenings in life cannot be checked by any number of plans
- Although the fighting between Krsna and Jambavan went on for twenty-eight days, the inhabitants of Dvaraka waited outside the tunnel for twelve days, and after that they decided that something undesirable must have happened
- An intelligent man should give up such undesirable association and should always mix with saintly persons. When he is in association with saintly persons, all his doubts about the spiritual expansion of life are eradicated
- Arjuna confirmed that Krsna is the maintainer and the object of worship for the devotees and the destroyer of the undesirables
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this proposal, He immediately covered His ears with His hands and said, "My dear Sarvabhauma, why are you requesting such an undesirable thing from Me"
- As the king of a country thinks of diplomatic ways to achieve his object, Rukmini, being the daughter of a king, was diplomatic in suggesting how this unnecessary and undesirable killing could be avoided
- Association with a devotee, the mercy of Krsna, and the nature of devotional service help one to give up all undesirable association and gradually attain elevation to the platform of love of Godhead
- But it so happens sometimes that one surrenders himself unto the service of the Lord by some temporary sentiment, and in the long run, due to so many other reasons, he falls down from the path of service by undesirable association
- By association with undesirable companions we have learned so many bad habits and similarly by association with pure persons or devotees we can become purified of our acquired bad habits
- By mixing with undesirable persons, or jana-sanga, one becomes tainted with lust and greed and falls down from the path of devotional service
- By self-control one can be free from false hopes, and money can be saved by avoiding undesirable association
- I shall seriously see that all such undesirable things may not happen in the future
- If a living entity wants to have perfection in his duties, he must satisfy the Supreme Lord. As such, one who pleases Him gets better facilities for living, but one who displeases Him gets involved in undesirable situations
- If Krsna wants, the devotee can do anything which is ordinarily undesirable; and if Krsna does not want, he shall not do that which he would have ordinarily done for his own satisfaction
- In Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu it is said that one should be very liberal in behavior and should avoid any undesirable activities. The most important affirmative points are that one should accept the shelter of a bona fide spiritual master
- In the material dealings there is always there is always something undesirable, but even so you cannot give up your occupation. Just like fire is very pure, still there is some smoke. You cannot avoid it
- In this age it is very difficult to find such a head of state who is expert in killing the undesirables. Modern heads of state sit very nicely in their palaces and try without reason to kill innocent persons
- It so happens sometimes that one surrenders himself unto the service of the Lord by some temporary sentiment, and in the long run, due to so many other reasons, he falls down from the path of service by undesirable association
- Krsna is the maintainer and the object of worship for the devotees and the destroyer of the undesirables. His actions are equally good for all
- Krsna's dhiroddhata qualities have been accepted as great because Krsna uses them only to protect His devotees. In other words, even undesirable traits may also be used in the exchange of devotional service
- Krsna, who advented Himself just to kill all undesirable elements in the world, immediately climbed up into a big kadamba tree on the bank of the Yamuna. The kadamba is a tree bearing round yellow flowers that is generally seen only in the Vrndavana area
- Simply by chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna, one can be freed from all undesirable habits. This is the means of awakening all good fortune and initiating the flow of waves of love for Krsna
- Sometimes ksatriyas used to kill animals in the forests to practice the killing art because without such practice they would not be able to kill the undesirable elements
- The first degradation is undesirable association, the first degradation; then no more respect for scriptural injunction, second degradation
- The left side of my (Maharaja Yudhisthira's) body, my thighs, arms and eyes are all quivering again and again. I am having heart palpitations due to fear. All this indicates undesirable happenings
- The Lord (Caitanya) was very pleased with those who could cleanse the (Gundica) temple by taking out undesirable things accumulated within. This is called anartha-nivrtti, cleansing the heart of all unwanted things
- The Lord killed many undesirable kings in His time, and as a ksatriya He fought chivalrously. He is famous as the asamaurdhva, unparalleled. No one is equal to or greater than Him
- The Lord was very pleased with those who could cleanse the temple by taking out undesirable things accumulated within. This is called anartha-nivrtti, cleansing the heart of all unwanted things
- The potency to give protection to the pious and kill the demons or undesirables is directly an energy from the Supreme Lord, and the king or the chief executive of the state is supposed to possess such energy
- To give a sick man something forbidden for him to eat is not mercy. Rather, it is cruelty. Unless we know what mercy really is, we may create an undesirable situation. If we wish to show real mercy, we will preach Krsna consciousness
- When a country is subjugated by an undesirable government, persons and parties undergo severe penances and austerities to get control of the government, and when they attain control, they flourish by giving themselves generous salaries
- When a man's eyes, arms and thighs all quiver constantly, one must know that something is going to happen which is undesirable. These undesirables are compared to fire in a forest
- When merciful Lord Krsna understands that a foolish devotee desires material prosperity, He gratefully gives him the shelter of His lotus feet. In this way, the Lord covers the devotee's undesirable ambitions