Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Ultimate Goal of Life
"ultimate goal of My life" |"ultimate goal of a devotee's life" |"ultimate goal of devotional life" |"ultimate goal of his of life" |"ultimate goal of human life" |"ultimate goal of life" |"ultimate goal of one’s life" |"ultimate goal of our life" |"ultimate goal of spiritual life" |"ultimate goal of their life" |"ultimate goal of your life" |"ultimate goal of your life"
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Ultimate Goal of Life"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- A society of thieves can never be happy, because they have no aim in life. The gross materialist thieves have no ultimate goal of life. They are simply directed to sense gratification; nor do they have knowledge of how to perform yajnas
- Accepting the Supreme Brahman, Param Brahman, as the ultimate goal of life. Not he has got any other goal of life. These are the signs of guru
- According to Vedic system, the government has to look after about the ultimate goal of life also. The modern government, they are anxious to give material comforts
- All the great sages headed by Bhrgu were always thinking of how to elevate all the people of the universe to the spiritual platform. Indeed, they advised the kings of every planet to rule the people with that ultimate goal of life in mind
- All these different ways of determining the ultimate goal of life are compared to rivers, and Krsna is compared to the ocean. As the rivers flow down toward the ocean, all attempts for knowledge flow toward Krsna
- Because of these basic sinful acts, man gradually became forgetful of his eternal relation with God. Therefore man became blind, so to speak, to his ultimate goal of life
- Being engaged in jealousy and violence to other bodies, materialists cannot understand the ultimate goal of life, and without knowing this goal of life, they generally glide down to a hellish condition in their next life
- Bhakti-yoga, as described above, is the ultimate goal of life. By rendering devotional service to the S P of Godhead, one transcends the modes of material nature and attains the spiritual position on the platform of direct devotional service
- By seeing Your Lordship, whom we have desired to see for a very long time, we have achieved our ultimate goal in life
- Foolish persons accept the difficult path of karma-kanda for the sake of sense enjoyment, and those who are too much attached to sense enjoyment are called mudhas. It is very difficult for a mudha to understand the ultimate goal of life
- Fortunately, man has been given higher intelligence for the cultivation of Krsna consciousness, or the understanding of God, one's relationship with Him, and the ultimate goal of life, love of God
- He (the first class devotee) understands perfectly that the ultimate goal of life is to attain to the transcendental loving service of Krsna, and he knows that Krsna is the only object of worship and love
- His (Lord Caitanya) process was to take a quotation from the Koran and convince the Moulana that Krishna Consciousness or pure love of Godhead in mood of selfless devotional service is the ultimate goal of life
- I also pity them because I see how their duration of life is spoiled by eternal time while they involve themselves in presentations of philosophical speculation, theoretical ultimate goals of life, and different modes of ritual
- I am completely assured that personalities like you are the only friends for persons who are blazing in the fire of material existence. I therefore ask you how in this material world we can very soon achieve the ultimate goal of life
- I have studied the Muslim scripture very extensively, but from it I cannot conclusively decide what the ultimate goal of life is or how I can approach it
- I've written many books already which are full of different aspects of this deep philosophy of Krishna Consciousness. I request you to study them carefully & you'll find a treasure house of scientific information in relation to the ultimate goal of life
- If a person, out of sentiment or for some other reason, takes to the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and in due course of time does not succeed in coming to the ultimate goal of life or falls down due to lack of experience, there is no loss
- If the ultimate goal of life is to elevate oneself to the platform of devotional service, then why is it observed that a devotee of Lord Visnu is generally not very prosperous materially, whereas a devotee of Lord Siva is found to be very opulent?
- If the ultimate goal of life, or the conclusion of the Vedas, is to elevate oneself to the platform of devotional service, then why is it observed that a devotee of Lord Visnu is generally not very prosperous materially
- If you want to reach to the ultimate goal of life, where only blissful life, sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah, eternal body of knowledge and bliss, then you have to become sura
- In his own book, known as Narada Pancaratra, Bhagavan Narada has very vividly described how to work to achieve the ultimate goal of life - devotion - through knowledge and through execution of the mystic yoga system
- In the beginning of SB there is an explanation of the Brahma-gayatri mantra. 'The Absolute Truth (satyam param)' indicates the relationship, and 'we meditate (dhimahi) on Him' indicates the execution of devotional service and the ultimate goal of life
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that the foolish do not know that Visnu is the ultimate goal of life
- In this material world, to render service to the lotus feet of Govinda, the cause of all causes, and to see Him everywhere, is the only goal of life. This much alone is the ultimate goal of human life, as explained by all the revealed scriptures
- Krsna also accepted guru. So how you will get the ultimate goal of life without accepting guru? Why do you manufacture this idea? There is no need of manufacturing this. You have to follow
- Krsna continued, "What is the ultimate goal of My life? They know very well that I was a cowherd boy in Vrndavana"
- Let me first offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is the ultimate goal of life for one bereft of all possessions in this material world and is the only meaning for one advancing in spiritual life
- Lord Krsna stresses that devotional service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the ultimate goal of life. This same point is summarized in the Eighteenth Chapter as the most confidential path of knowledge
- Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, descends to this material universe by the agency of His internal potency and personally exhibits the principles which, if followed, can lead one to achieve the ultimate goal of life
- Love of God is the fifth and ultimate goal of human life. Compared with the ocean of transcendental pleasure that is love of God, the conception of impersonal Brahman is no more significant than a drop of water
- Madhavendra Puri recited this verse again and again at the end of his material existence. Thus uttering this verse, he attained the ultimate goal of life
- Maharaja Pariksit recommended, from practical experience, that everyone try to hear about the transcendental pastimes of the Lord. This Krsna treatise is meant for that purpose, and the reader may take advantage of it to attain the ultimate goal of life
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: My dear lord, I wish to hear from you about the principles of religion by which one can attain the ultimate goal of life - devotional service. I wish to hear about the general occupational duties of human society
- Maya enchants the entire world. Indeed, people have forgotten the ultimate goal of life because of the dazzling attractions of the material world
- Moksa is also not our ultimate goal of life. Moksa means to get relief from the material bondage. But if you do not get engagement of spiritual life, then moksa is also cheating because you'll fall down again
- Mother Yasoda, Rohini, Maharaja Nanda and the cowherd men became so happy that as they embraced Krsna they thought they had achieved their ultimate goal of life
- My dear Barhisman, you should never out of ignorance take to the Vedic rituals or to fruitive activity, which may be pleasing to hear about or which may appear to be the goal of self-interest. You should never take these to be the ultimate goal of life
- Narada Muni described to the boys (the Haryasvas) their ultimate goal of life and advised them not to become ordinary karmis to beget children. Thus all the sons of Daksa became enlightened and left, never to return
- Narada says, "Ultimately these attractions become freed from all material contamination, and gradually the worshiper develops spiritual love and achieves that ultimate goal of life which is desired by the pure devotee"
- Now I shall chant one mantra which is not only transcendental, pure and auspicious, but is the best prayer for anyone who is aspiring to attain the ultimate goal of life. When I chant this mantra, please hear it carefully and attentively
- O Brahma, I shall explain all these truths to you. Since you are a living being (jiva), without My explanation you will not be able to understand your relationship with Me, devotional activity and life's ultimate goal
- One cannot give up attachment for this material world. By the evolutionary process in 8,400,000 species of life, one cannot understand the ultimate goal of life because in all those species of life, the bodily conception is very prominent
- One may argue that one may achieve the ultimate goal of life - realization of the Supersoul - by practicing the yoga system and ritualistic performances according to the Vedic principles, even without staunch devotion to the spiritual master
- One should remain in household life with the aim of understanding the ultimate goal of life (tattva jijnasa). Then household life is as good as the life of a yogi
- One's relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, activities in terms of that relationship, and the ultimate goal of life (to develop love of God)
- Only those who are trained up in the Ultimate Goal of human life, they can lead - because human life is meant for going back to Godhead
- Our human life, the ultimate goal of human life is to achieve immortality. Tyaktva deham punar janma naiti
- Out of compassion, the great sage Vyasadeva thought it wise that this would enable men to achieve the ultimate goal of life. Thus he compiled the great historical narration called the Mahabharata for women, laborers and friends of the twice-born
- Parents are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens, but they lament when they join the Krsna consciousness movement to achieve the ultimate goal of life
- People without spiritual education do not know that the ultimate goal of life is to go back home, back to Godhead. Forgetting this aim of life, they are working very hard in disappointment and frustration
- Persons who try to reach the ultimate goal of life must expertly observe the Supreme Absolute Person and the living entity, who are one in quality in their relationship as part and whole. This is the ultimate understanding of life
- Saying this, the saintly Muslim fell at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and requested Him to speak of life's ultimate goal and the process by which it could be obtained
- Social system should be organized in such a way that automatically people become interested in the ultimate goal of life. That is civilization
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Now hear, O Sanatana, about the result of devotional service, which is love of Godhead, life’s ultimate goal. One who hears this description will be enlightened in the transcendental mellows of devotional service"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the central point of all relationships, acting in devotional service to Him is one's real occupation, and the attainment of love of Godhead is the ultimate goal of life"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered Ramananda Raya, "Recite a verse from the revealed scriptures concerning the ultimate goal of life"
- Srimad-Bhagavatam gives answers to all of the various students of self-realization: this ultimate objective of life is not to be searched out without great labor or perseverance
- Supreme affection for Me is called love of Godhead, and that is the ultimate goal of life. Let Me explain by a practical example the natural characteristics of such love
- The bona fide spiritual master, as the representative of the Lord, is the eternal father because the spiritual master has the responsibility to lead the disciple to spiritual salvation, or the ultimate goal of life
- The conditioned souls under material bondage are prisoners of matter, and therefore self-realization is the ultimate aim of life
- The demoniac accept that the enjoyment of the senses is the ultimate goal of life, and this concept they maintain until death. They do not believe in life after death
- The difficulty is that misguided people are more interested in the matter of sense gratification than in self-realization which is the ultimate goal of life. We have therefore taken up the difficult job to perform and it is our duty to do it
- The fourth chapter of the Vedanta-sutra describes the result of such devotional service (prayojana-jnana). This ultimate goal of life is to go back home, back to Godhead. The words anavrttih sabdat in the Vedanta-sutra indicate this ultimate goal
- The King replied: O great soul, Narada, my intelligence is entangled in fruitive activities; therefore I do not know the ultimate goal of life. Kindly instruct me in pure knowledge so that I can get out of the entanglement of fruitive activities
- The Krsna consciousness movement is trying to bring everyone to the highest interest. The process may be differently named, but if the aim is one, people should follow it to achieve the ultimate goal in life
- The motto of preaching shall always be aimed at the ultimate goal of life. The ultimate goal of life is to re-establish our lost relation with Godhead who is the Absolute Whole, and we all living entities are His parts & parcels
- The people of this age are inclined toward industrial enterprises for comfortable living, but they refuse to endeavor to execute devotional service, by which they can achieve the ultimate goal of life by returning home, back to Godhead
- The real purpose of philosophical research is to find the ultimate goal of life
- The scientific proposal is that there is first class man and there is tenth class man, but everyone can be utilized for the ultimate goal of life. That is classless. And that means everyone can become Krsna conscious
- The subject of the departure of the sons of Pandu for the ultimate goal of life, back to Godhead, is fully auspicious and is perfectly pure
- The third part of Bhagavad-gita has shown that devotional service, and nothing else, is the ultimate purpose of life. This has been established by citing past acaryas and the Brahma-sutra, the Vedanta-sutra
- There are many mahatmas, many yogis, jnanis, karmis. They're all good. But if they do not approach the ultimate goal of life - means approaching Vasudeva - then srama eva hi kevalam
- They (materialistic fathers and mothers) are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens, but they lament when they join the Krsna consciousness movement to achieve the ultimate goal of life
- This brief description is an elaboration of the ultimate goal of life. Indeed, this is the fifth and ultimate goal, which is beyond the platform of liberation. It is called krsna-prema-dhana, the treasure of love for Krsna
- This request indicates that persons who are attached to fruitive activities, desiring promotion to the comforts of higher planetary systems, cannot achieve their ultimate goal of life without the sanction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Those who are interested only in a so-called beautiful life - namely remaining as a householder entangled by sons and a wife and searching after wealth - think that such things are life's ultimate goal
- Those who think material assets to be everything or to be the ultimate goal of life are called misers. They do not know the ultimate necessity of the soul. Moreover, if one awards that which is desired by such fools, he must also be considered foolish
- Thus I expounded the Yoga-vasistha, which considers liberation the ultimate goal of life. For this the Lord became angry at Me and treated Me with apparent disrespect
- Thus I have briefly described a discussion of the ultimate goal of life, love of Godhead. The mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu cannot be described expansively
- Trained to know the ultimate goal of life
- When attachment becomes pure, it exhibits the two characteristics of bhava and rati. When rati increases, it is called love of Godhead, and love of Godhead is the ultimate goal of human life
- When that ecstatic emotional stage intensifies, it is called love of Godhead. Such love is life's ultimate goal and the reservoir of all pleasure
- Whether from material actions or from the fruitive activities recommended in the Vedic literatures - an intelligent man should cease from the desire for fruitive actions, for by such endeavors one cannot achieve the ultimate goal of life
- Who, other than one who is not a human being, can exist in this world and not be interested in the ultimate goal of life? Who can refuse the nectar of narrations about the PG's activities, which by itself can deliver one from all material pangs?
- Yoga is the ultimate goal of life. Krsna therefore advised Arjuna to become a yogi (tasmad yogi bhavarjuna). Lord Krsna further advised in Bhagavad-gita that the first-class yogi is he who has come to the platform of devotional service
- You can become very healthy. But does it mean that health is the perfection of life? Do you mean to say healthy life will not die, will not change his body? So health is required, but health is not the ultimate goal of life