tulasi | "Tulasi-devi" | Tulasidevi | tulasis | tulasi's
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► God and Tulasi (4 P)
- ► Krsna and Tulasi (1 C, 31 P)
Pages in category "Tulasi"
The following 94 pages are in this category, out of 94 total.
- After being worshiped by Advaita Acarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would take the dish containing flowers and tulasi and, with whatever paraphernalia remained, worship Advaita Acarya
- After coming there, the woman offered obeisances to the tulasi plant, and after circumambulating the tulasi plant she came to the door of the cave where Haridasa Thakura was sitting
- After offering her obeisances to the tulasi plant and Haridasa Thakura, she sat down at the door. Hearing Haridasa Thakura chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, she also chanted, "O my Lord Hari, O my Lord Hari"
- After offering obeisances to the tulasi plant and Haridasa Thakura, she sat down on the threshold of the room. Thus she began to hear Haridasa Thakura's chanting, and she also personally chanted "Hari, Hari," the holy name of the Lord
- After offering obeisances to the tulasi plant, she went to the door of Haridasa Thakura, offered him obeisances and stood there
- After planting the tulasi tree before your house, you should daily circumambulate that tulasi plant, serve her by giving her water and other things, and continuously chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- After Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu finished eating, the Bhattacarya poured water for the Lord to wash His mouth, hands and legs and offered Him flavored spices, tulasi-manjaris, cloves and cardamom
- After the body of the Deity was cleansed, He was dressed very nicely with new garments. Then sandalwood pulp, tulasi garlands and other fragrant flower garlands were placed upon the body of the Deity
- Although flowering plants like the mandara, kunda, kurabaka, utpala, campaka, arna, punnaga, nagakesara, bakula, lily and parijata are full of transcendental fragrance, they are still conscious of the austerities performed by tulasi
- Although these four (Catuhsana) saintly persons were always absorbed in the thought of impersonal Brahman, from association with the Lord and from smelling the tulasi leaves, the hairs on their bodies immediately stood up
- Appearing as white as the heavenly King Indra, He wears a golden belt around His waist and a vaijayanti garland of ever-fresh tulasi blossoms around His neck
- At a festival Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had been given some unspiced betel and a garland of tulasi leaves fourteen cubits long. The garland had been worn by Lord Jagannatha
- Carving tulasi beads should not be your sole occupation. You should also go out for street sankirtana and distribute my literature for the cripple minded masses, and whatever spare time you have you can carve some tulasi beads for me to sanctify
- Chant the Hare Krsna mantra continuously and render service to the tulasi plant by watering her and offering prayers to her. In this way you will very soon get the opportunity to be sheltered at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Chanting sixteen rounds does not take much time, nor is offering respects to the tulasi plant difficult. The process has immense spiritual potency. One should not miss this opportunity
- Following the orders of Maharaja Prataparudra, the temple superintendent, named Tulasi, brought one of Lord Jagannatha's used cloths
- For the Salagrams, send one to L.A. and you keep one. Simply decorate the salagram and put Him on a sringhasana, apply garland, chandan and tulasi. Salagram Sila bathing means to bathe all the deities
- Haridasa Thakura constructed a cottage in a solitary forest. There he planted a tulasi plant, and in front of the tulasi he would chant the holy name of the Lord 300,000 times daily. He chanted throughout the entire day and night
- How are your Tulasi plants in Hawaii? How are they feeling? I am always thinking of them and you. Please let me know how they are growing and how you are taking care of them
- I am in receipt of your letter, undated. Regarding the booklet, "A Guide to the Care of Srimate Tulasi devi," yes, the book is very nice. It is approved. But one thing is that no sprays can be used, not at all
- I have heard that your good wife, Patty is growing Srimate Tulasi devi there at your house with good success. That is another very auspicious sign. The Tulasi, she will not go to live with anyone nondevotee
- I may suggest that you make one roof garden. On the top of the house you can put soil of six inches and then plant so many tulsi plants and nice bushes. I like garden very much. Just like here in Los Angeles Temple they have made one very nice garden
- I was very much anxious to introduce this worship of Tulasi plant amongst our Society members, but it has not become successful til now, therefore, when I hear that you have got this opportunity, my pleasure does not have any bounds
- If it is not possible for Tulasi to survive the winters when planted in the ground, then a suitable house should be provided for her. Even in the Canadian temples which are in a much colder climate are keeping Tulasi nicely
- In India every Hindu, even those not belonging to the Vaisnava group, take special care of the tulasi tree. Even in great cities where it is very difficult to keep a tulasi tree, people are to be found very carefully keeping this plant
- In the gardens of Pulaha-asrama, Maharaja Bharata lived alone and collected a variety of flowers, twigs and tulasi leaves. He also collected the water of the Gandaki River, as well as various roots, fruits and bulb
- In the Western countries, while engaged in propagating the Krsna consciousness movement, we were brought great unhappiness because we could not find tulasi leaves
- On the rice and vegetables were tulasi flowers, and in front of the Lord were cakes, sweet rice and other prasadam of Jagannatha
- On two sides of the stack of food were pitchers filled with scented cold water. The flowers of the tulasi tree were placed atop the mound of rice
- One should decorate his body with gopicandana, wear neck beads, collect tulasi leaves from the tulasi tree, cleanse his cloth and the altar, cleanse his own house or apartment and go to the temple and ring the bell just to draw the attention of Lord Krsna
- One time an atheistic svami remarked, "What is the use of watering the tulasi plant? It is better to water eggplant. By watering the eggplant one can get some fruits, but what is the use of watering the tulasi?"
- One who reads the thousand names of Visnu can be released from all offenses. In the same Skanda-Purana, Reva-khanda, it is said that one who recites prayers to tulasi or sows a tulasi seed is also freed from all offenses
- Our policy is to live with devotees. Immediately return and live with devotees and take care of the Deities and Tulsi. That is our main business. My Guru Maharaja condemned living alone in a lonely place
- Our words are made beautiful (by speaking of Your activities) just as tulasi leaves are beautified when offered unto Your lotus feet, and as long as our ears are always filled with the chanting of Your transcendental qualities
- Out of these sixty-four items, five items - namely, offering water to the tulasi tree, hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam, associating amongst the devotees, sankirtana and living in Mathura - are very important
- Persons on whose neck and breast there are tulasi beads, are never approached by the Yama-dutas
- Persons who put tulasi beads on the neck, who mark twelve places of their body as Visnu temples with Visnu's symbolic representations
- Persons whose bodies are marked with tilaka, symbolizing the conchshell, wheel, club and lotus - who keep the leaves of tulasi on their heads, whose bodies are always decorated with gopi-candana, can help the seer be relieved from all sinful activities
- Please continue with your service to Srimate Tulsi devi and to Radha and Krishna and your life will be sublime
- She (Govinda Dasi) first of all cultivated the tulasi plant in Hawaii. And now our tulasi plants are distributed. So she has done a great service
- She worshiped the tulasi plant, following in the footsteps of her spiritual master. Instead of eating regularly, she chewed whatever food she received as alms, and if nothing was supplied she would fast
- Simply by seeing the Lord and smelling the aroma of tulasi and saffron from His lotus feet, the Kumaras became devotees and abandoned their long-cherished impersonalism
- Skanda Purana said, "Anyone who comes in touch with the tulasi tree in the above-mentioned ways lives eternally in the Vaikuntha world"
- Skanda Purana said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the tulasi tree, which can immediately vanquish volumes of sinful activities. Simply by seeing or touching this tree one can become relieved from all distresses and diseases"
- Skanda Purana said, "Simply by offering obeisances to and pouring water on the tulasi tree, one can become freed from the fear of being sent to the court of Yamaraj"
- Skanda Purana said, "Tulasi is auspicious in all respects. Simply by seeing, simply by touching, simply by remembering, simply by praying to, simply by bowing before, simply by hearing about or simply by sowing this tree, there is always auspiciousness"
- Sri Advaita Prabhu would also place a flower garland around the Lord's neck and tulasi flowers (manjaris) on His head. Then, with folded hands, Advaita Acarya would offer obeisances and prayers unto the Lord
- Thank you very much for the Tulasi leaves offered to Lord Caitanya's lotus feet. If one is fortunate enough to receive such holy prasadam then all sinful reactions are immediately purified within the heart
- The amount of transcendental bliss that Raghunatha dasa enjoyed simply by offering water and tulasi is impossible to achieve even if one worships the Deity with sixteen kinds of paraphernalia
- The goddesses of fortune worship the Lord in their own gardens by offering tulasi leaves on the coral-paved banks of transcendental reservoirs of water
- The person who has never experienced the aroma of the tulasi leaves from the lotus feet of the Lord is also a dead body, although breathing
- The picture of tulasi is especially indicative, because if tulasi grows luxuriantly that proves the sincere devotional service of the place
- The priests immediately brought them flower garlands and prasadam. The temple's watchman, who was named Tulasi, also came and offered his obeisances to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The process of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra with a vow before the tulasi plant has such great spiritual potency that simply by doing this one can become spiritually strong
- The river (Ganges, by which the King (Pariksit) sat to fast) carries the most auspicious water, which is mixed with the dust of the lotus feet of the Lord and tulasi leaves
- The river (Ganges, by which the King sat to fast) carries the most auspicious water, which is mixed with the dust of the lotus feet of the Lord and tulasi leaves
- The villagers brought a large quantity of tulasi leaves, flowers, and various kinds of garments. Then Sri Madhavendra Puri personally began the abhiseka (bathing ceremony)
- The Vrndavana... Vana means forest, and vrnda means tulasi. Mostly there are tulasi plants and other trees also, but all the trees are living desire trees, spiritual
- The wives of the brahmanas said, "We have surrendered unto Your lotus feet, which are covered by tulasi leaves, so we have no desire to give up the shelter of Your lotus feet and return to the company of our so-called relatives, friends and society"
- Their legs were decorated with bells, Their waists with golden belts, & Their fingers with jeweled rings. Brahma also saw that upon the whole body of each Visnu, from the lotus feet up to the top of the head, fresh tulasi leaves and buds had been thrown
- They (Four Kumaras) went to visit the Lord of Vaikuntha-loka in the spiritual sky, and when they bowed down before the Lord, the aroma of the tulasi, mixed with saffron, entered their nostrils and immediately attracted their minds
- This tulasi. big plant, while passing it should not touch your cloth. It is not ordinary plant. Very careful. Or it should not be kept there. Be careful
- Thus everyone who saw the beauty of the cave, with the tulasi plant on a clean altar, was astonished and satisfied at heart
- Tulasi Devi is a pure devotee of Krishna and she should be treated with the same respect given to all Krishna's pure devotees
- Tulasi leaf eating is good. You can eat leaf, especially palatable with water. Water, that is good. But you make it, imitation tea, that means I remember tea-drinking
- Tulasi plants are liberated souls who want to serve Krishna in that way
- Tulsi leaves are very important for satisfying Lord Krishna. But tulsi devi is not pleased by the nice tune of singing but by the nice devotion
- We can follow Harida Thakur's example by chanting sixteen rounds of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra on beads every day and offering respect to the tulasi plant. This is not at all difficult for anyone
- When Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami was absorbed in remembrance of Lord Krsna, he would take the tulasi garland and the prasadam of Lord Jagannatha given to him by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, bind them together and wear them on his neck
- When the breeze carrying the aroma of tulasi leaves and saffron from the lotus feet of the lotus-eyed Personality of Godhead entered through the nostrils into the hearts of those sages (the Kumaras), they experienced a change in both body and mind
- When the breeze carrying the aroma of tulasi leaves from the toes of the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead entered the nostrils of those sages (the four Kumaras), they experienced a change both in body and in mind
- With His body He worshiped the Lord by offering Ganges water and tulasi leaves, and by preaching devotional service He delivered the entire universe
- Without difficulty one can sit down anywhere, especially on the bank of the Ganges, Yamuna or any other sacred river, devise a sitting place or cottage, plant a tulasi tree, and before the tulasi chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra undisturbed
- You are doing one of the best of services by cultivating Srimati Tulasi Devi so nicely. And she is growing so profusely. That is a sign that you are a great devotee because Tulasi Devi thrives on devotion. Thank you very much
- You should induce other centers to cultivate Tulasi. One circular should be sent to every center that they should import Tulasi Devi from either St. Louis or Hawaii and at every offering of bhoga to the Deities there must be one Tulasi leaf on the plate
- You surely must be a great devotee. Tulasi devi is growing so profusely there and that is surely to your credit. So continue with this valuable service and become fixed up in Krishna consciousness
- Your original set of beads was lost in the mail and did not arrive in the packet with your letter of initiation. Brahmananda has sent one set of new tulsi beads, and I have duly chanted upon them and I am sending them to you enclosed herewith