Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
trouble | troubled | troubles | troubling
- VedaBase query: trouble or troubled or troubles or troubling not "much trouble" not "so much trouble " not "so much hard trouble" not "so much bodily trouble" not "so much more trouble" not "so much quarrel and trouble"
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Trouble"
The following 170 pages are in this category, out of 170 total.
- Trouble (BG and SB)
- Trouble (CC and Other Books)
- Trouble (Conversations 1968 - 1973)
- Trouble (Conversations 1974 - 1975)
- Trouble (Conversations 1976)
- Trouble (Conversations 1977)
- Trouble (Lectures, BG)
- Trouble (Lectures, Other)
- Trouble (Lectures, SB cantos 1 - 2)
- Trouble (Lectures, SB cantos 3 - 12)
- Trouble (Letters)
- A conditioned soul is surrounded by the manifold miseries of material existence, but on account of his gross ignorance he is unable to remove the troubles due to dirty things in the heart, accumulated during the long prison life in the material world
- A devotee does not attach much importance to the pains and trouble pertaining to the body because he knows perfectly well that he is not the material body
- A devotee of the Lord never prays to the Lord to appear for the sake of the troubles the miscreants cause for him, and he never bothers Him by asking for protection
- A fully Krsna conscious person is not at all disturbed by the onslaughts of the threefold miseries, for he accepts all miseries as the mercy of the Lord, thinking himself only worthy of more trouble due to his past misdeeds
- A person in Krsna consciousness or in the mode of goodness does not hate anyone or anything which troubles his body
- A person who tolerates all kinds of troubles, even though such troubles appear to be unbearable, is called forbearing
- A possible answer is that it is very difficult to put any of the citizens of Dvaraka into trouble in the presence of Krsna
- A pure devotee of the Lord whose heart has once been cleansed by the process of devotional service never relinquishes the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, for they fully satisfy him, as a traveler is satisfied at home after a troubled journey
- A Vaisnava is para-duhkha-duhkhi; in other words, he has no personal troubles, but he is very unhappy to see others in trouble
- According to Vaisnava principles everyone is welcome to accept this Krsna consciousness movement on the spiritual platform of life and thus be freed from trouble. Neither equality nor fraternity is possible on the material platform
- Advaita Acarya said, "You are a reject paramahamsa, and You have accepted the renounced order of life just to fill up Your belly. I can understand that Your business is to give trouble to brahmanas"
- Although giving trouble to a brahmana is a forbidden act, Lord Visnu was prepared to do anything in order to see Krsna - He was so eager to see Him
- Arjuna trees are still found in many forests, and their skin is used by cardiologists to prepare medicine for heart trouble. This means that even though they are trees, they are disturbed when skinned for medical science
- As devotees of the Lord, they (the bull, or the personality of religion, and the cow, the personality of the earth) knew well also that without the sanction of the Lord no one could inflict trouble upon them
- As soon as our original consciousness becomes polluted with the consciousness of material enjoyment, that "I want to lord it over the resources of matter..." As soon as we turn our consciousness in this way, then our troubles begin
- As such, she continuously bore the powerful semen of Kasyapa Muni, which was meant to give trouble to others, for one hundred years
- At the time of death, the trouble, or the miserable condition, is so acute that we have to give up this body. Sometimes when man becomes very much upset, he commits suicide. He cuts his own throat. Why? He cannot live in this body
- Balarama said, "They (the Yadus) were preparing to attack the whole kingdom of the Kuru dynasty, but I pacified them and took the trouble to come here to settle the affair without any fighting. Yet these rascals behave like this"
- Because of his (the living entity's) not possessing a gross body, he creates a great deal of trouble in his subtle body. Thus the presence of a ghost is horrible for those who are living in the gross body
- Because the devotees are bhakti-yogis, they do not undertake the trouble to meditate upon the impersonal Brahman; as indicated here, they meditate on brahma paramam, or the Supreme Brahman
- Both Narada and Parvata were once in trouble with the daughter of Maharaja Srnjaya. Maharaja Srnjaya got the benediction of a son by Parvata Muni
- By itching, by satisfying the senses, itching sensation, their troubles and miserable condition increasing
- Caitanya continues, "With great trouble and after much labor, Madhavendra Puri brought the load of sandalwood to Remuna. However, he was still very pleased; he discounted all the difficulties"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu's order, yare dekha, tare kaha, 'krsna-upadesa.' Bas, finished, "You become a guru." The trouble is there. You haven't got to manufacture your ideas. Just like I'm quoting from Krsna's preaching
- Caitanya says, "In the provinces of India governed by the Muslims, there was much inconvenience in traveling with sandalwood and camphor. Because of this, Madhavendra Puri might have gotten into trouble. This became known to the Gopala Deity"
- Charity is sometimes performed for elevation to the heavenly kingdom and sometimes with great trouble and with repentance afterwards: "Why have I spent so much in this way?"
- Demons are generally fond of worshiping the demigods, and there are evidences that by such worship they get power for their sense gratification. This later proves to be a cause of trouble to the brahmanas, demigods and other innocent living entities
- Dhrtarastra had lost all men and money, and now he was living at the mercy of his nephew, whom he had put into troubles of various types. And despite all these reverses, he thought that he would prolong his life more and more
- Dishonest men cannot go to back to home, back to Godhead. That is false. God is pure. One must be very, very pure. A thing which is not fire, it cannot be allowed to enter into the fire. One must become fire; then there is no trouble. Fire can enter fire
- Drowning in an ocean of trouble
- During our exile, Durvasa Muni, who eats with his ten thousand disciples, intrigued with our enemies to put us in dangerous trouble. At that time He (Lord Krsna), simply by accepting the remnants of food, saved us
- Duryodhana knew that after Draupadi's dinner it would be impossible for Maharaja Yudhisthira to receive such a large number of brahmana guests, and thus the rsi would be annoyed and would create some trouble for his cousin Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Duryodhana was exactly like blind, troubling eyes; he would be a source of great trouble to the family of Dhrtarastra, as foreseen by Vidura
- Everywhere I see people, man and wife with family, and all of them they suffer, but still they go on producing more. Sex means trouble. Therefore one should become dhira and don't be attracted by this sex-life
- Evil spirits, who cause persons to forget their own existence and give trouble to the life airs and the senses. Sometimes they appear in dreams and cause much perturbation; sometimes they appear as old women and suck the blood of small children
- For a nice citizen, government is there. He's taking all advantage offered by the government and he's obeying the laws. No trouble. But one who says "I don't care for the government. I am free. I shall become naked..." Just like that John Lennon
- For the sake of the body, which is a source of constant trouble to him and which follows him because he is bound by ties of ignorance and fruitive activities, he performs various actions which cause him to be subjected to repeated birth and death
- Garga Muni said, "Your child is so powerful that anyone who will become a devotee of your boy (Krsna) will never be troubled by enemies. Just as demigods are always protected by Lord Visnu, the devotees of your child will always be protected by Narayana"
- Godless kings or heads of state, when puffed up by advancement of material wealth, education and increase of population, always make a show of military strength and give trouble to the innocent
- Gopinatha Pattanayaka would collect some and pay some, spending it at will, but I would not consider this very seriously. This time, however, he was put into trouble because of a misunderstanding with the prince
- I am old and troubled by invalidity. I am almost blind and deaf, my hands tremble, and my mind and intelligence are unsteady
- I have given already one crude example. Similarly, why Mr. Stalin could tolerate without any trouble? Because he was a leader. He was always absorbed in the thought of how he could advance the Communist cause. This is the real reason
- I may be very rich, I may have immense wealth, but if my body and mind is not in order, I am in trouble. So simply material opulence, material wealth will not satisfy us
- I thank you very much once more for the trouble you are taking for me. This is all for Srila Prabhupada's service. Finally don't mind all the trouble which I give you occasionally. Let us cooperate for propagating Krishna Consciousness all over the world
- If it (trouble in the universe) is not to be solved even by Brahmaji, then Brahmaji consults and prays to the Ksirodakasayi Visnu for an incarnation and solution to the problems
- If one wishes to enjoy something in the future, he has to endure trouble in the present. If one wants to become a millionaire in the future and enjoy his riches, he has to work very hard at the present moment in order to accumulate money
- If there is good milk available plentifully in the market place there is no need to keep a cow. So similarly, if we can get our books printed and cheaply and with no trouble of labor then it is an adequate arrangement
- If you become conditioned by God, that is your perfection. And if you become conditioned by maya, that is your trouble. You must be conditioned. That is your position. You cannot be independent
- In Bengali it is said, sastarthin abastra:(?) "If you purchase something cheap, it will always give you trouble." Better spend once, costly things, nice things
- In every millennium, whenever there is any trouble for the obedient rulers, the Lord appears. He also appears for the sake of His pure unalloyed devotees
- In such a transcendental state there is no need of artificial control of the mind, mental speculation or meditation, as performed by the jnanis and yogis. One gives up such processes, as the heavenly King, Indra, forgoes the trouble to dig a well
- In that place the beautiful Diti expressed her desire: O learned one, Cupid is taking his arrows and distressing me forcibly, as a mad elephant troubles a banana tree
- In the disciplic succession of the Brahma-sampradaya, the practice of yoga meditation is not neglected. But because the devotees are bhakti-yogis, they do not undertake the trouble to meditate upon the impersonal Brahman
- In the material conception, one falsely thinks himself the lord of all he surveys, and therefore he is always troubled by the threefold miseries of life
- In USA there is some trouble in recruiting soldiers, because... Why the difficulty is? The difficulty is the training is like sudras. The young men are trained up like sudras, how they can fight? Therefore they are afraid. They try to avoid fighting
- Instead of becoming a yogi, you take shelter of Yogesvara. Then all yogic power will be within your control. Just like a rich man's son, if he is in trouble, the whole father estate is behind him. So why should he hanker after earning money?
- It is a common sense affair that if somebody takes the trouble of doing so many things for the last ten or twenty years and go there and touch the moon planet, come back, it is successful. So it may be complacence for him, but I don't think it is success
- It is not that because you are born in a very rich family, you'll be immune from diseases. It is not that you'll not become old. It is not that you'll be saved from the troubles of birth or you'll be saved from the troubles of death
- Karta means the proprietor or the master. One is not actually master, but under the influence of different modes of material nature he is feeling, "I am master. I am enjoyer. I am bhokta." This is the trouble
- Kasi Misra hinted to the King, "It is not the Lord's desire that you forfeit the payment. He is unhappy only because the whole family is troubled"
- King Rahugana was proud of being king, and he felt he had the right to control the citizens as he liked, but actually he was engaging men in carrying his palanquin without payment, and therefore he was causing them trouble without reason
- Krsna and Balarama fell at Their parents' feet and offered them prayers. Vasudeva and Devaki had suffered so much trouble from Kamsa because Krsna was their son
- Kuntidevi and her sons were put into one difficulty after another for years and years together. They were put into trouble by Duryodhana and his party due to the kingdom, and each and every time the sons of Kunti were saved by the Lord
- Lord Krsna condemned such ideas, and He also condemned persons who take the trouble to go to holy places of pilgrimage just to take a bath and come back without taking the opportunity to associate with the great devotees and mahatmas living there
- Lord Krsna said, "He (who even wishes to possess property of Brahmana) will be defeated by his enemies, and after being bereft of his royal position, when he gives up his body he will become a serpent, giving trouble to all other living entities"
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "Hunger and thirst may give trouble to ordinary persons or to me, but the topics of Krsna are so nice that one can continue to hear them without feeling tired because such hearing situates one in the transcendental position"
- Materialism is based on sex, whether licit or illicit. Sex is full of dangers even for those who are addicted to household life. Whether one has a license for sex or not, there is great trouble
- Maya, the material energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is always giving us trouble in the shape of the threefold miseries
- Medicine is not the remedial measures for our bodily troubles unless we are helped by Krishna. Therefore, whenever there is bodily trouble we may adopt the prescribed methods of medical science and depend upon Krishna for His Mercy
- Mundaners themselves have posed as Krsna, under the false inducement of the illusory energy. This false position of supreme enjoyer gives them much trouble as they search for lordship over the powers of nature
- My (Narada Muni) dear Sukadeva Gosvami, you never took the trouble to reside under the care of a spiritual master, and yet you have attained such a great status of transcendental knowledge
- My dear Bhattacarya, I have traveled very far through the forest, and I have not even slightly received any trouble
- My dear Sir, mother Sita is the mother of the universe and the supreme goddess of fortune. She has been touched by the demon Ravana, and I am troubled upon hearing this news
- My Lord, devotional service unto You is the only auspicious path. If one gives it up simply for speculative knowledge or the understanding that these living beings are spirit souls and the material world is false, he undergoes a great deal of trouble
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Sukadeva Gosvami, you never took the trouble to reside under the care of a spiritual master, and yet you have attained such a great status of transcendental knowledge"
- Narayana said, "Everyone greatly values his body because only with the body can one fulfill all the desires of one’s mind. We should not, therefore, unnecessarily give trouble to the body"
- Next life means again troublesome; that's why they sometimes commit suicide. They think that after suicide it will be zero, so no trouble. These are all ignorance
- No one would have taken the trouble to maintain children if there were no taste of heavenly nectar by means of sexual intercourse
- Nondevotees, who do not take shelter of the Lord's lotus feet, try to cross the ocean of nescience by other methods (karma, jnana and yoga), but they have a great deal of trouble
- O Brahmana Vyasadeva, it is decided by the learned that the best remedial measure for removing all troubles and miseries is to dedicate one's activities to the service of the Supreme Lord Personality of Godhead (Sri Krsna)
- O great sage, graciously be pleased to listen to the prayer of my humble self, for my mind is troubled by affection for my daughter
- Others say that the world, being overburdened like a boat at sea, is much aggrieved, and that Brahma, who is Your son, prayed for You (Krsna), and so You have appeared to diminish the trouble
- Our activities must be so transcendentally saturated that the Lord will be kind enough to look upon us favorably and engage us in His transcendental service; then only can the senses be satisfied completely and be no longer troubled by material attraction
- People who are attached to the impersonal feature of the Lord are obliged to take great trouble, yet nevertheless they cannot understand the Absolute Truth
- Practically, if one very carefully reads the BG, SB, Teachings of Lord Caitanya and this Nectar of Devotion, that will give him sufficient knowledge to understand the science of Krsna consciousness. One need not take the trouble of reading other books
- Pride is due to illusion, for although one comes here, stays for a brief time and then goes away, he has the foolish notion that he is the lord of the world. He thus makes all things complicated, and he is always in trouble
- Pushed downward all of a sudden by the wind, the child comes out with great trouble, head downward, breathless and deprived of memory due to severe agony
- Sanatana Gosvami met his brother-in-law, Srikanta, at Hajipura, and Srikanta helped him after he had heard about all Sanatana's troubles
- She (Diti, the wife of the sage Kasyapa) continuously bore the powerful semen of Kasyapa Muni, which was meant to give trouble to others, for one hundred years
- So long we are in the jurisdiction of three modes of material nature, up to that time we shall disagree with one another and there will be trouble. Therefore the Vaisnava religion is meant for the peaceful person
- So many sacrifices, ritualistic... All finished. You do not require to take trouble for these things if you have come to the point of sacrificing everything for Hari
- So many things we have forgotten, but that does not mean the trouble was not there
- So-called humanitarian love means they're loving some human being, but the animals are being killed. Why they do not love the animals? Because imperfect. But the Krsna conscious person will never kill an animal or give trouble to animal even
- Sometimes the conditioned soul in household life, being attached to material wealth and possessions, is disturbed by gadflies and mosquitoes, and sometimes locusts, birds of prey and rats give him trouble
- Sri Saunaka asked Suta Gosvami: Sri Sukadeva Gosvami was already on the path of self-realization, and thus he was pleased with his own self. So why did he take the trouble to undergo the study of such a vast literature?
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has compared possessing these bhukti (material) and mukti (liberation) desires with being influenced by the black art of a witch: in both cases one is in trouble
- Such grossly materialistic persons forget that although we may eat as much as we like, if the food is not digested it produces the troubles of indigestion and acidity
- The Battlefield of Kuruksetra... The fight was between two sector of family members. They're cousin-brothers, one family, but there was some trouble, who would occupy the throne
- The best lawyer gives evidence from the past judgment of the court without taking much trouble to establish his case. This is called the parampara system, and learned authorities follow it without manufacturing rubbish interpretations
- The child thus remains just like a bird in a cage, without freedom of movement. At that time, if the child is fortunate, he can remember all the troubles of his past one hundred births, and he grieves wretchedly
- The commander in chief of the demigods, known as Karttikeya, was satisfied with the fighting of King Mucukunda, but once he asked that the King, having taken too much trouble in fighting the demons, retire from fighting and take rest
- The conditioned soul forgets the trouble of living within the mother's womb during birth, but it is a very painful and terrible experience
- The conjunction can be auspicious or inauspicious. That the Putana demon had been killed was auspicious, but that Krsna was playing on her breast in the dead of night, with no one to help Him in case of trouble, was inauspicious
- The cow stands with tears in her eyes, the sudra milkman draws milk from the cow artificially, and when there is no milk the cow is sent to be slaughtered. These greatly sinful acts are responsible for all the troubles in present society
- The dirty things in the heart of a conditioned soul are the root cause of all troubles for him
- The evil spirits like Bhutas, Pretas, Pisacas, Yaksas, Raksasas and Vinayakas, are always ready to give trouble to the body, the life air and the senses, causing loss of memory, madness and bad dreams
- The gopis received Uddhava very happily and began to speak as follows: "We have heard that King Kamsa, who was always a source of trouble for the Yadu dynasty, has now been killed. This is good news for us"
- The impersonalist cannot reciprocate. Krishna does not take anything from them, neither does He give them anything. The Impersonal, therefore, simply enjoys the troubles of speculation
- The impersonalist takes unnecessary trouble to meditate upon or worship something impersonal, and the path is very precarious. We are not advised to follow the impersonalist way of meditating on or worshiping the Lord
- The irises of His (Lord Rsabhadeva's) eyes were so pleasing that they removed all the troubles of everyone who saw Him. His forehead, ears, neck, nose and all His other features were very beautiful
- The living entity has this tendency of falling down by dint of misidentifying himself as fully independent to lord it over the material world. The root cause of all troubles is there in false egotism
- The living entity undergoes many difficulties under the pretense of being an enjoyer. So to get rid of all these troubles and difficulties that we suffer due to our work, we have to adopt the process of karma-yoga
- The Lord said, "All of you come to see Me every year, to come here and then return must certainly give you great trouble"
- The messenger said, "It may be that Jarasandha has been deputed to give us such trouble because of our past misdeeds, but we heard from revealed scriptures that anyone who surrenders unto Your lotus feet is immune to the reactions of sinful life"
- The negative way, to make it zero. That is void philosophy. But actually that is not the case. The case is that you are in trouble on material condition. You get out of this material condition. Then there is real life, eternal life
- The personalist, without any risk, trouble or difficulty, approaches the Supreme Personality directly
- The real truth is knowledge of how to get out of the material body, which is the source of all trouble
- The tests you have sent to me are nice, and the Hare Krishna Mantra leaflet is also nice. The only thing is that on the leaflet the type is very small, so people may have trouble to read it
- The urine of a cow is salty, and according to Ayur-vedic medicine the cow's urine is very effective in treating patients suffering from liver trouble
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband (Kasyapa) predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- The waterless river (in the forest of material existence) represents atheists who give us trouble in this world and the next
- The whole trouble of the world is that nobody is satisfied. If he's a poor man, if he thinks, "Oh, my income is $100. If I get $400 per month, then I will be very happy." But when he gets $400, he expects, "Oh, if I get $1,000, then I shall be happy"
- The words klesadas tesam anasanna-padam tava indicate that the Lord has two concerns. The first is to give protection to persons who take shelter of His lotus feet, and the second is to give trouble to those who are always demoniac
- Their (foolish persons) only profit is to take the trouble of going and coming back, just as at present many material scientists are spoiling their time by trying to go to the moon planet and again coming back
- There are different types of religious system, but that type of religious system is first class which teaches the follower how to love God. That is first class, not to go to the church: "Give me my daily bread" or "Please minimize my troubles of life."
- There is no fatigue or trouble for Me, for I stay here at Nilacala, Jagannatha Puri, and do not move at all. This is the favor of all of you
- These rascals give trouble to the people, especially in India. They are not after the vaccine. They will catch people and force them. Just see. This is going on
- They (the citizens of Mathura) also began to remember other enlivening activities, "The damsels of Vrndavana were so much pleased by seeing Krsna's beauty and participating in His activities that they forgot the troubles of material existence"
- They have created kama-karmabhih, kama, lusty desires, desireful. They have created work, heavy work. Therefore klisyamananam, always in trouble. So to mitigate that trouble, the recommendation is: smarana smaranam arhanam
- This fallen brahmana, Ajamila, gave trouble to others by arresting them, by cheating them in gambling or by directly plundering them. This was the way he earned his livelihood and maintained his wife and children
- Those who are much inclined to the formless conception of the Supreme Truth are more troubled than those who can intelligently conceive of the personal form
- Thus the nonbelievers almost burned to ashes and died out of envy. To retaliate, they planned various ways to give trouble to Srivasa Thakura
- To pacify the demon, the brahmacari told him (Vrkasura), "My dear, if you think that you can disclose the mission for which you have taken the trouble to come here, maybe I shall be able to help you so that your purpose will be easily served"
- We are simply presenting the truth, which is that outside of Krsna Consciousness there is no hope for betterment of the troubled conditions of modern affairs, rather they are going to hell without check
- What is that real truth? The real truth is knowledge of how to get out of the material body, which is the source of all trouble. Lord Kapila's incarnation, or descent, is especially meant for this purpose
- When a conditioned soul gives relief to others he acts piously, and when he gives trouble to others he acts impiously, but the Lord is neither pious nor impious
- When Kalakanya, daughter of Time, attacked the body, the dangerous soldiers of the King of the Yavanas entered the city through different gates. They then began to give severe trouble to all the citizens
- Whenever there is any trouble in the administration of the innumerable planets in different universes, the rulers pray for an appearance, and the Lord appears
- Who am I? Why do the threefold miseries always give me trouble? If I do not know this, how can I be benefited
- Witches like Kotara, Revati, Jyestha, Putana and Matrka, are always ready to give trouble to the body, the life air and the senses, causing loss of memory, madness and bad dreams
- Without such dovetailing, all such qualities become sources of trouble for people in general. Everything can be utilized either for one's own sense gratification or in the service of one other than oneself
- Without troubling himself with materialistic research work, the transcendentalist acquires the truths concerning matter and antimatter in the most perfect way (through this disciplic succession) and thereby saves himself much botheration
- Yajna means to satisfy the Supreme. That is sacrifice. I sacrifice my own convenience. I take all kinds of troubles... There is no trouble; it is pleasure. Just like the mother takes all kinds of trouble for the little child
- You (Sukadeva Gosvami) never took the trouble to undergo severe austerities, and still, how wonderful it is that you have been situated in the most perfect stage of love of Godhead
- You work hard, keep yourself fit, but live for tattva-jijnasa. That is life, tattva-jijnasa: What I am? What is God? What is this material world? Why I have come here? Why I am put into so much trouble? These are the inquiries