Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
transgress | transgressed | transgresses | transgressing | transgression | transgressions | transgressor
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Transgress"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- A devotee naturally does not like to transgress the laws of reverence for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but by the influence of yogamaya he is prepared to do anything to love the Supreme Lord better
- According to scriptural injunction one should be very careful of transgressing the law of maryada-vyatikrama because by so doing one loses his duration of life, his opulence, fame and piety and the blessings of all the world
- Although Citraketu never meant to insult Lord Siva, he should not have criticized the lord, even though the lord was transgressing social customs. It is said, tejiyasam na dosaya: one who is very powerful should be understood to be faultless
- Although on such a platform of love the devotee sometimes appears to predominate over the Lord or transgress regulative principles, such dealings are far more advanced than ordinary dealings through regulative principles with awe and veneration
- Because spiritual love of Godhead is above everything mundane, the gopis superficially seem to transgress the codes of mundane morality. This perpetually puzzles mundane moralists
- Brahmanas and Vaisnavas never transgress the laws of the state or the laws of nature because they know perfectly well the resultant reactions caused by such law-breaking
- By leaving home in that way (the gopis came out to meet Krsna in the dead of night when they heard the sound of His flute), the gopis transgressed the Vedic regulations of household life
- By transgressing the laws laid down in the sastras, one cannot become pure in heart. When one's heart is not purified, one acts according to the three material modes of nature
- I ordered Sri Nityananda Prabhu not to leave Bengal, but He has transgressed My order and come to see Me. What can I say
- If one transgresses the laws of etiquette, people make fun of him, and thus he is vanquished in both this world and the next
- In the case of Lord Krishna, He played as the fully independent Supreme Personality of Godhead. Apparently, therefore he transgressed so many moral and ethical principles
- It is wrong to think that simply by becoming a vegetarian one can avoid transgressing the laws of nature
- Many realized souls, such as Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and King Kulasekhara, have recommended with great emphasis that one develop this spontaneous love of Godhead, even at the risk of transgressing all the traditional codes of morality and religiosity
- My dear Sanatana, please do not think that Jagadananda is more dear to Me than you. However, I cannot tolerate transgressions of the standard etiquette
- On the planet Sutala, not even the predominating deities of other planets, what to speak of ordinary people, will be able to conquer you (Bali maharaja). As far as the demons are concerned, if they transgress your rule, My (Vamana's) disc will kill them
- Ordinary man cannot transgress the laws, but Krsna and His representative, acarya, might be sometimes seen that he has transgressed
- Santanu's minister Asvavara had instigated some brahmanas to induce Devapi to transgress the injunctions of the Vedas and thus make himself unfit for the post of ruler
- Sometimes we also have some parties in the temple. Someone wants to dress the Deity in a way, another wants to... Of course, they are not transgressing the rules & regulation, but still, everyone wants that "I shall serve the Lord in this particular way"
- Sukadeva Gosvami immediately replied that transgressions of religious principles by the supreme controller testify to His great power. For example, fire can consume any abominable thing; that is the manifestation of the supremacy of fire
- The brahmanas said, "We therefore pray to the Lord to be kind enough to excuse us because we are simply captivated by His external energy. We transgressed His order without knowing His transcendental glories"
- The learned Kasyapa could foresee the character of the sons who would be born of the condemned womb of Diti. The womb was condemned because of the mother's being too sexually inclined and thus transgressing all the laws and injunctions of the scriptures
- The status of powerful controllers is not harmed by any apparently audacious transgression of morality we may see in them
- The womb was condemned because of the mother's being too sexually inclined and thus transgressing all the laws and injunctions of the scriptures. In a society where such women are predominant, one should not expect good children
- To transgress the laws of respectful behavior toward the brahmanas is certainly a great offense
- Transgressions of religious principles by the supreme controller testify to His great power. For example, fire can consume any abominable thing; that is the manifestation of the supremacy of fire