Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Transcendental Mellows of Devotional Service to God
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Transcendental Mellows of Devotional Service to God"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- If one maintains within his heart the desire to enjoy the result of good work, or, being embarrassed by the material world, the desire to get out of material entanglement, one will never be able to attain the transcendental mellows of devotional service
- If there were a hint that transcendental mellows overlapped in a manner contrary to the principles of the bhakti cult, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would not tolerate it and would become very angry
- In bhakti-yoga there is a relationship established between the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the devotee. Such a relationship is established in the transcendental mellows known as dasya, sakhya, vatsalya and madhurya
- In reciprocal devotional activities with the Lord, the devotee actually enjoys the transcendental mellow of devotional service
- In this division of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu the author wants to describe the general symptoms of the transcendental mellow (loving mood) of discharging devotional service
- In Vaikuntha there are two kinds of transcendental mellows: dasya and the lower half of sakhya rasa
- Service to the Lord is rendered in different transcendental mellows (relationships): neutral, active, friendly, parental and nuptial
- Servitude (dasya), friendship (sakhya), parental affection (vatsalya) and conjugal love (srngara) are the four transcendental mellows (rasas). By the devotees who cherish these four mellows, Lord Krsna is subdued
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was never pleased to hear books or verses opposed to the conclusive statements of devotional service. The Lord did not like hearing rasabhasa, the overlapping of transcendental mellows
- Srila Rupa Gosvami also wrote many books, the most famous of which is the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu. From that book one can understand the essence of devotional service to Krsna and the transcendental mellows one can derive from such service
- The chief transcendental mellows experienced with the Supreme Personality of Godhead are five - santa, dasya, sakhya, vatsalya and madhura
- The five direct transcendental mellows of devotional service are permanently situated in the heart of the devotee, whereas the seven indirect emotions appear suddenly under certain conditions and appear more powerful
- The transcendental mellows derived from devotional service are also of five varieties
- There are five transcendental rasas, or mellows. The initial stage is called santa-rati, wherein one who is liberated from material contamination appreciates the greatness of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- This relishing of transcendental mellow in discharging devotional service cannot be experienced by all classes of men because this sweet loving mood is developed only from one's previous life's activities, or by the association of unalloyed devotees