Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
tradition | traditions
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Tradition"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Actually the members of the Kuru dynasty were very much puffed up due to their opulence, kingdom, aristocracy, family tradition, great warriors, family members and vast, expansive empire
- All the members of the Kuru dynasty, such as Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna, thought it an insult to their family tradition that the boy, Samba, could possibly have kidnapped their daughter
- Amongst the groups of different friends of Krsna, some are well-known from various scriptures, and some are well-known by popular tradition. There are three divisions amongst Krsna's friends
- An increase of unwanted population certainly causes hellish life both for the family and for those who destroy the family tradition
- Balarama said, "This is an abomination very much contrary to Our family tradition! To cut someone's hair and shave his mustache and beard is almost comparable to killing him"
- Breaking of the sanatana-dharma tradition by irresponsible leaders of society brings about chaos in that society
- By the evil deeds of those who destroy the family tradition and thus give rise to unwanted children, all kinds of community projects and family welfare activities are devastated
- I think this style is very nice following the tradition of my other Bhagavatam publications. So please continue this process, chapter after chapter, and it will give me complete satisfaction. Thank you very much
- It is especially the case in the acarya or gosvami families (that the children receive a spiritual impetus from the very beginning of their life). Such families are very learned and devoted by tradition and training, and thus they become spiritual masters
- It is the duty of parents to hand over their daughters to suitable persons just befitting their family tradition in cleanliness, gentle behavior, wealth, social position, etc
- Knowledge by authoritative tradition
- Krsna continued, "You (King Nagnajit) may also be pleased to be informed that in Our family tradition there is no scope for Our offering anything in exchange for accepting your daughter (Satya). We cannot pay any price you may impose for delivering her"
- Krsna said to Rukimini: There is no harm; the mistake can still be rectified, and it is better late than never. You are at liberty to select a suitable husband who is actually an equal to you in opulence, family tradition, wealth, beauty and education
- The breaking of the sanatana-dharma tradition by irresponsible leaders of society brings about chaos in that society, and consequently people forget the aim of life-Visnu
- The word ksatra-bandhu refers to the so-called administrators or persons promoted to the post of the administrator without proper training by culture and tradition. Nowadays they are promoted to such exalted posts by the votes of the people
- They (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna) decided that he (Samba) must be punished. They unanimously declared that he was most impudent and had degraded the Kurus' family tradition
- This family tradition, according to Vedic civilization, was very strictly observed so that the family may be kept in order in religious principles. Why? Now, because the human life is meant for reviving his eternal position
- This Krsna consciousness movement continues the tradition of the Six Gosvamis, especially Srila Sanatana Gosvami and Srila Rupa Gosvami
- This mantra is secondary. Of course, one who has purified himself by Hare Krsna, this mantra (Gayatri) is not very important. But, according to the tradition of Vaisnava smrti, it is offered better, better, to make the position still confirmed and better
- We are trained up, because we belong to Krsna family. So this Radha-Krsna worship is our family tradition. Our forefathers, my father, my maternal uncles, we are Vaisnava family. Belonging to the Caitanya-sampradaya
- Well, everyone is in a bona fide disciplic succession provided he keeps that tradition, keeps that tradition. Apani acari prabhu jive sikhaila. One must behave that "I belong to this disciplic succession. I must keep myself fit for the post"