Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
town | towns | township | townships | townsmen | townspeople
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Every Town and Village (33 P)
Pages in category "Town"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- A devotee must visit a Visnu temple at least once or twice every day, morning and evening. (In Vrndavana this system is followed very strictly. All the devotees in town go every morning and evening to visit different temples
- According to the system of Vedic society, whenever an unknown sannyasi comes to a village or town, someone must invite him to take prasadam in his home
- After coming to this firm conclusion, the Lord continued to stay at home. In the meantime Kesava Bharati came to the town of Nadia
- After my (Narada Muni) departure, I passed through many flourishing metropolises, towns, villages, animal farms, mines, agricultural lands, valleys, flower gardens, nursery gardens and natural forests
- After reaching Mathura, they started visiting the different forests of Vrndavana and came to Govardhana Hill. They visited all twelve forests (vanas) and at last came to the town of Vrndavana
- Afterwards, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the town of Kataka to see the temple of the witness Gopala. When He saw the Deity of Gopala, He was very much pleased by His beauty
- All the cities, villages, towns, gardens, mines and hermitages are now devoid of beauty and bereft of all happiness. I (Yudhisthira Maharaja) do not know what sort of calamities are now awaiting us
- All the townspeople went to see the witness Gopala, and when they saw the Lord actually standing there, they all offered their respectful obeisances
- Apart from my Krishna Consciousness spiritual movement I want this--that people may not move from the villages to the town
- At that time Paramananda Puri came from South India. Traveling along the banks of the Ganges, he ultimately reached the town of Nadia
- Between those kingdoms (Hastinapur, Anarta, Sauvira and Kuruksetra) were many mountains, rivers, towns, villages, pasturing grounds and mining fields. The procession passed through all these places in its advance
- Brahma's township is known as Manovati, and those of his assistants such as Indra and Agni are known as Amaravati, Tejovati, Samyamani, Krsnangana, Sraddhavati, Gandhavati, Mahodaya and Yasovati
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) see that there are many saintly persons indeed, but they are interested only in their own deliverance. Not caring for the big cities and towns, they go to the Himalayas or the forest to meditate with vows of silence (mauna-vrata)
- I am so glad to note how things are steadily improving there in Columbus center, with new devotees coming, and that you are about to acquire a new temple in the busiest quarter of town
- I am trying to develop a township in Mayapur spending crores of rupees to give protection against the occasional innundation (flood) and construct a tall planetarium estimated to be 300 feet high. So why they are obstructing this program?
- I beg to introduce myself as the founder-acharya of the above institution. Our mission is to preach Krishna Consciousness (God-Consciousness) all over the world and in your country alone we have got about 40 branches in all the important towns of America
- I can immediately take up this program and tour village to village and town to town. It will be very, very effective, I know that
- I once had a dream like this; that we would have a moving temple on the water, going from town to town
- I want to establish many Radha Krishna Temples in all important towns and countries of the Western World. I am not only establishing Temples, but I am creating the devotees of the Temples
- If Indian young men join me I am immediately ready for this travelling touring from village to village, town to town
- In every town and city there are many, many devotees of Krishna; now it is our business to go around the world wherever people are congregating and pick up these sincere souls
- In India especially, there is now a class of professional Bhagavatam readers whose means of livelihood is to go from village to village, town to town, reading Bhagavatam and collecting daksina, or rewards, in the form of money or goods
- In the evening I shall perform sankirtana in each and every town. Therefore you should all decorate the city in the evening
- In the middle of the summit of Meru is the township of Lord Brahma
- In the presence of all the townspeople, Lord Gopala bore witness that the elderly brahmana had offered his daughter in charity to the young brahmana
- In the town of Vidyanagara, on the bank of the Godavari, there is a responsible government officer named Ramananda Raya
- In this way, all the people of the town of Nadia - including all women, boys and old men - came there. Thus the crowd increased
- It is indicated here that in the villages or outside the towns, the inhabitants must depend on the cows for their prosperity. When the cows are destroyed, the people are destitute of all kinds of opulences
- Kataka is a town in Orissa situated on the Mahanadi River. When Saksi-gopala was brought from Vidyanagara in southern India, He stayed for some time at Kataka
- Kolapura is a town in the Maharashtra province, formerly known as Bombay Pradesh
- Krsna said: "O Partha, in all the three planetary systems, this earth is especially fortunate, for on earth is the town of Vrndavana. And there the gopis are especially glorious because among them is My Srimati Radharani"
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja was an inhabitant of Vrndavana and a great devotee. He had been living with his family in Katwa, a small town in the district of Burdwan, in Bengal
- Lord Krsna and the sages (Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others) passed through many villages and towns, and everywhere the citizens would receive them with great respect and offer them articles in worship
- Lord Krsna's capital, Dvaraka, was well planned, and similar other cities - Mathura and Hastinapura (now New Delhi) - were also well planned. Thus the planning of cities and towns is not a modern innovation but was existing in bygone ages
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered respects to all the devotees present from Navadvipa and other towns, speaking to them as follows
- Satrughna killed a Raksasa named Lavana, who was the son of Madhu Raksasa. Thus He established in the great forest known as Madhuvana the town known as Mathura
- Sir, you are the ruler of this town. Whether Hindu or Muslim, everyone is under your protection. Therefore please call Nimai Pandita and make Him leave the town
- Some say that the devotee should remain in holy places like Vrndavana or some holy town where the Lord lived, but a pure devotee can live anywhere and create the atmosphere of Vrndavana by his devotional service
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then visited the town of Kolapura, where He saw the goddess of fortune in the temple of Ksira-bhagavati and saw Langa-ganesa in another temple, known as Cora-parvati
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabu said, "Go, friends, go through the streets of the town, meet every man at his door and ask him to sing the name of Hari with a holy life, and then come and report to Me every evening the result of your preaching"
- The gopis continued, "Krsna has sent you (Uddhava) to His father and mother; otherwise He has no further business in Vrndavana. He is now in town. What does He have to know about Vrndavana village or the cows' pasturing grounds"
- The Lord then got into a new boat and crossed the river. Walking in the full moonlight, He finally reached the town known as Caturdvara
- The sankirtana movement went on from one part of the town to another, as the Lord wandered everywhere performing kirtana. In this way He inundated the whole world by distributing love of Godhead
- The son of Rohita was Harita, and Harita's son was Campa, who constructed the town of Campapuri. The son of Campa was Sudeva, and his son was Vijaya
- The Vrindaban devotees have understood that Vrindaban is now world-famous due to my preaching work, so they are all very much appreciating their hometown Swamiji
- The young brahmana then went to the town and informed all the people about Gopala's arrival. Hearing this, the people were struck with wonder
- There were auspicious stars visible in the sky (during the birth of Krsna), and on the surface in all towns and villages and pasturing grounds and within the minds of everyone there were signs of good fortune
- These cowherd boys, uneducated, without any town life, cow-men, they are Krsna's best friend. Unsophisticated, no education, but love intense - that is perfect. That attracted Krsna
- They (Dvaraka and Vidarbha) are separated by a distance of not less than one thousand miles, but the horses were so fast that they reached their destination, a town called Kundina, within one night or, at most, twelve hours
- They (the marriage party) reached the town of Bhojakata, and the marriage ceremony was peacefully performed
- This is the prediction of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. As many towns and villages are there all over the world, this Krsna consciousness movement will be spread
- Thus they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) prayed to Krsna, saying that they could not take any shelter other than His lotus feet. Lord Krsna, being compassionate upon His own townspeople, immediately swallowed up the whole forest fire and saved them
- To live in the forest is in the mode of goodness, and to live in the city, or town, is in the mode of passion, and to live in slaughterhouse and brothel and drunkards, these are the residential quarter in ignorance
- We are having many meetings, almost every night, in various places with good notice. Daily our Sankirtana party goes down town where they are followed by hundreds of Indians
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a student, He asked whomever He met to chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. In this way He inundated the whole town of Navadvipa with the chanting of Hare Krsna
- When there is some disturbance caused by wild animals in a village or town, the police or others take action to kill them. Similarly, it is the duty of the government to kill at once all bad social elements such as thieves, dacoits and murderers
- Wherever an advanced devotee is insulted, for one man’s fault the entire town or place is afflicted
- With great difficulty I went to the town of Ramakeli, where I met two brothers named Rupa and Sanatana