Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Toward Krsna"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- According to the divisions & gradations of devotees, permanent devotional situations can be divided into 5 categories: (1) peacefulness, (2) service to Krsna, (3) friendship with Krsna, (4) parental affection toward Krsna, and (5) conjugal love for Krsna
- Actually any living entity, being part and parcel of Krsna, is Krsna. All the Vedas, therefore, aim only toward Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- After seeing her son so engaged, she very silently approached Him from behind. Krsna, however, saw her coming toward Him with a stick in her hand, and He immediately got down from the grinding mortar and began to flee in fear
- All the citizens of Dvaraka awoke from a state of slumber because of the sunrise of Krsna, and they all hastened towards Him just to have an audience. The devotees of the Lord know no one else as protector
- All these different ways of determining the ultimate goal of life are compared to rivers, and Krsna is compared to the ocean. As the rivers flow down toward the ocean, all attempts for knowledge flow toward Krsna
- All these sons of Lord Krsna left their respective palaces and leaving aside all engagements, including lying down, sitting and dining, hastened toward their exalted father
- Another one of the friends of Nanda Maharaja said, "My dear Nanda, we do not know why we are so attracted by your son Krsna. We want to forget Him, but this is impossible. Why are we so naturally affectionate toward Him"
- As a regulative principle one should not be unfavorable toward the Lord but always favorably inclined toward Him
- As soon as a pure devotee hears the glories and transcendental qualities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is seated in everyone's heart, his mind immediately flows toward the Lord, just as the waters of the Ganges flow toward the sea
- As we turn our face towards Krsna or the Supreme Lord, He also responds in proportionately
- Balarama was astonished to see all the residents of Vrndavana so affectionate toward their own children, exactly as they had been for Krsna. Similarly, the cows had grown affectionate toward their calves - as much as toward Krsna
- Because it is not possible to be a bona fide rival of the Lord, the King of Cedi was extremely malicious toward Lord Krsna. In this he was like many other asuras, such as Kamsa and Jarasandha
- Because such persons are very much affectionate toward Krsna, they cannot be defeated by demons like the associates of Kamsa (or by the internal enemies, the senses) - SB 10.8.18
- Being repeatedly baffled in his attempts, Rukmi took his sword and ran swiftly toward Krsna, just as a fly proceeds toward a fire. But as soon as Rukmi reached Krsna, Krsna cut his weapon to pieces
- Every one of them (Krsna's friends) was trying to look forward toward Krsna, thinking that Krsna might look toward him. In this way they all enjoyed their lunch in the forest - SB 10.13.8
- Everyone follows the path that leads toward Him (Krsna), but there are different degrees of progress on that path, and the Lord is realized in proportion to one’s advancement
- Everyone of us is very intimately connected with Krsna, and Krsna is sitting in everyone's heart. Krsna is so kind, that He is simply waiting, "When this rascal will turn his face towards Me"
- Having the opportunity to use his one thousand arms, he rushed toward Krsna, simultaneously working five hundred bows and two thousand arrows. Such a foolish person could never measure Krsna's strength
- He (Aristasura) again charged Krsna with great force and anger. While rushing toward Krsna, he breathed very heavily. Krsna again caught his horns and immediately threw him to the ground, breaking his horns
- He (Salva) again rushed toward Lord Krsna. When Salva ran swiftly to attack Krsna with his club, Lord Krsna cut off his hand, which fell to the ground with the club
- I consider the demons, who are inimical toward the Lord, to be more than the devotees
- If Krsna and the enemies who harbor feelings of opposition toward Him are respectively the object and abodes of the mellow of laughter, the resulting feelings are called aparasa, opposing mellows
- If we adjust these bodily activities towards Krishna's side, then the labor is fruitful, but if we adjust towards maya's side, then the labor is useless
- In every part of India, and especially in the holy places of pilgrimage, even an ordinary uneducated man is inclined toward Krsna consciousness, and as soon as he sees a Krsna conscious person, he offers obeisances
- In the BG the whole direction is targeted toward Sri Krsna, but for want of a bona fide spiritual master in the line of Brahma or the direct hearer, Arjuna, there are different distortions of the revealed knowledge by many unauthorized persons
- In the Bhagavad-gita (9.13-14) it is stated that the mahatmas, great devotees of the Lord (Krsna), take pleasure in chanting of His activities. All Vedic literatures are meant for turning one's attention towards the Lord and His transcendental activities
- King Indra's behavior toward Krsna was not very much appreciated by great sages like Sukadeva Gosvami
- Krsna continued, "I can understand that the marriage of Rukmini with Sisupala has been arranged by her elder brother in a spirit of animosity toward Me; so I am determined to give a good lesson to all of these princes"
- Krsna Himself could not understand the ecstatic feelings of Radharani toward Him, and therefore He desired to accept the role of Radharani and thereby taste these feelings
- Krsna offers benedictions even to Sisupala & similarly inimical conditioned souls. This does not mean, however, that one should be inimical toward the Lord. The stress is given to the favorable execution of devotional service, not purposeful blasphemy
- Krsna replied, "Because you (Kings) have now turned your faces toward Me, I, as master of everyone, shall always give you good counsel so that you may never forget Me and so that gradually you will come back home, back to Godhead"
- Krsna replied, "My dear kings, your decision to give up all conceptions of material enjoyment and turn instead toward My devotional service is factually the symptom of your good fortune. Henceforward you will always be blessed with blissful life"
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired, "During the absence of the original cowherd boys, when Krsna expanded Himself, why is it that the boys' parents became more loving toward Him than toward their own sons?"
- My dear Uddhava, please hear me. In truth Krsna is my son, but even if you think that He is God, I would still bear toward Him my own feelings for my son. May my mind be attached to your Lord Krsna
- Narada Muni continued: By devotional service one cannot achieve such intense absorption in thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead as one can through enmity toward Him. That is my opinion
- Narada Muni is our original Spiritual Master and he has dragged so many fallen souls towards Krishna, and we are also hoping to be dragged by Him through the disciplic succession
- Narakasura possessed eleven such divisions, and all of them were throwing arrows toward Krsna, but Krsna killed them all, simply by throwing three arrows from His side
- On the mahamaya platform, dances take place on the basis of sense gratification. But when Krsna called the gopis by sounding His flute, they very hurriedly rushed toward the spot of the rasa dance with the transcendental desire to satisfy Krsna
- Our purpose is not to construct big, big buildings. That is required for propaganda work, for giving shelter to people. But our main business is how to turn the face of the bewildered conditioned souls towards Krsna
- Perfection of pure devotional service is attained when all attention is diverted towards the transcendental loving service of the Lord (Krsna)
- Persons who are demons, enemies of the SPofG, are called asuras. As stated in Bhagavad-gita, the asuras, because of their enmity toward the SPofG, take birth after birth in asura families and therefore glide down to the darkest hellish regions
- Presenting various pleas for the gopis, Srimati Radharani sometimes sends the gopis to Krsna just to enable them to associate with Him directly. At such times, She enjoys a happiness ten million times greater than that enjoyed through direct association
- Sitting down on the ground and keeping Krsna in the center, they (the cowherd boys) began to open their lunch boxes brought from home. Lord Sri Krsna was seated in the center of the circle, and all the boys kept their faces toward Him
- So Krsna is so friendly that He always lives with us just to turn our face towards Krsna. Isvarah sarva-bhutanam hrd-dese arjuna tisthati. What is His business? He is simply waiting for the time when we shall turn our face to Krsna. That is His business
- So the lusty aborigine girls, while looking toward Krsna playing His flute, saw the reddish kunkuma on the ground and immediately took it and smeared it over their faces and breasts
- Some of them (the gopis) were breast-feeding their small babies, and some were engaged in distributing food to the members of their families, but they left all such engagements and immediately rushed toward the spot where Krsna was playing His flute
- The caretakers of the bow, who were standing by watching, became very angry, and with their respective weapons in hand they rushed toward Krsna, shouting, “Arrest Him! Arrest Him! Kill Him! Kill Him!” Krsna and Balarama were surrounded
- The demigods assured Devaki, "Your son is the SPofG, and He is appearing with Baladeva, His plenary portion. He will give you all protection and kill Kamsa, who has decided to continue his enmity toward the Lord and thus be killed by Him"
- The first part (of Lalita-madhava) deals with festivities in the evening, the second with the killing of the Sankhacuda, the third with maddened Srimati Radharani and the fourth with Radharani's proceeding toward Krsna
- The first part (of the Lalita-madhava) deals with festivities in the evening, the second with the killing of the Sankhacuda, the third with maddened Srimati Radharani, the fourth with Radharani’s proceeding toward Krsna
- The flames increased as the wind blew very quickly, & it appeared that everything movable & immovable would be devoured. All the cows & boys became very frightened, and they looked toward Balarama & Krsna the way a dying man looks at the picture of God
- The gopis particularly showed pure devotional service toward Krsna, so much so that Krsna Himself remained indebted to them
- The intelligence of a living entity who does not turn his attention toward Krsna or the Krsna consciousness movement simply changes dresses like a prostitute. What is the benefit of such foolish intelligence?
- The King (Yudhisthira) was naturally affectionate toward Krsna, but after hearing the story he became even more bound to Him in love; tears of ecstasy glided from his eyes, and he was so stunned that he was almost unable to speak
- The Lord (Krsna) was so angry that Arjuna checked Him when He was moving towards Bhismadeva, but in spite of Arjuna's checking, He proceeded towards Bhismadeva as a lover goes to a lover, without caring for hindrances
- The path (that leads toward Krsna) is one, but the progress in approaching the ultimate goal is different, and therefore the proportion of realization of this goal - namely the absolute Personality of Godhead-is also different
- The root cause of all troubles is there in false egotism. One must draw towards the Lord in all circumstances
- The Vedic principles push one towards complete surrender unto Him (Krsna); and, whenever such principles are disturbed by the demonic, the Lord appears. BG 1972 purports
- Their (persons too addicted to materialistic life) inclinations toward Krsna are never aroused, either by the instructions of others, by their own efforts, or by a combination of both - SB 7.5.30
- They (the gopis) all rushed toward the place known as Vamsivata. Some of them were engaged in milking cows, but they left their milking business half finished and immediately went to Krsna
- They hastened toward Krsna on chariots with brahmanas bearing flowers. Before them were elephants, emblems of good fortune. Conchshells & bugles were sounded, & Vedic hymns were chanted. They offered their respects, which were saturated with affection
- Thus their fastened belts become loose, and these women become the unpaid maidservants of Krsna. Indeed, they run toward Krsna exactly like madwomen
- We have inaugurated the Krsna consciousness movement so that everyone can satisfy his propensity for loving others simply by directing his love toward Krsna
- We're hankering after the beautiful, the powerful, the learned, the wealthy. Krsna is the reservoir of all of this, so we need only turn our attention toward Him, and we will get everything. Everything - whatever we want
- What is this wonderful phenomenon? The affection of all the inhabitants of Vraja, including Me (Rama), toward these boys and calves is increasing as never before, just like our affection for Lord Krsna, the Supersoul of all living entities - SB 10.13.36
- When a beloved gopi shows symptoms of anger toward Krsna, He is very satisfied. Indeed, He is extremely pleased when chastised by such a gopi. She shows her pride suitably, and He enjoys that attitude. Then she gives up her pride with a little endeavor
- When a demon continuously thinks of Krsna because of enmity toward Him, he is certainly freed from the sinful reactions of his life
- When Krsna manifested His universal form, Arjuna became reverent and fearful, and he begged forgiveness for his past impudence toward Krsna as a friend
- When Lord Krsna saw the mace flying toward Him, He stood firmly where He was and caught it with the same ease as Garuda, the king of birds, would seize a serpent
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- When material resources are withdrawn by the Lord (Krsna), the devotee is cent percent attracted toward the transcendental loving service of the Lord. Thus the Lord snatches the fallen soul from the mire of material existence
- When Putana was taking Krsna on her lap, both Yasoda & Rohini were present, but because she was beautifully dressed & showed motherly affection toward Krsna, they did not forbid her. They could not understand that she was a sword within a decorated case
- When the gopis and cowherd men all heard the story (of Bakasura) from the boys, they felt great happiness because naturally they loved Krsna, and by hearing about His glories and victorious activities they became still more affectionate toward Him
- When the Siva-jvara personified was released, he had three heads and three legs, and as he came toward Krsna it appeared that he was burning everything to ashes. He was so powerful that he made blazing fire appear in all directions
- Whoever performs his every activity with transcendental consciousness - according to My (Krsna's) direction, without any grudge toward Me - he also becomes free from the bondage of work
- Why does a woman continue to live who knows that Krsna's heart is unhappy but who still shows her deep anger toward Him? She is interested in her own happiness. I condemn such a woman to be struck on the head with a thunderbolt