Category:To Be A
"to be a"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "To Be A"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A devotee in full Krsna consciousness appears superficially to be a great karmi, always working, but the inner significance of the devotee's activities is that they are meant for the satisfaction of the Supreme Lord
- A laborer cannot claim to be a proprietor of a thing just because he has worked hard to manufacture it
- Actually there is no need to give up studies to be a devotee. In America, a number of our students joined with us before they graduated but still they went on to graduate with honors
- Although he externally appeared to be a mendicant who had renounced everything, he was filled with the pleasure of devotional service within his heart
- Anger causes frustration, as in the story of the unsuccessful fox and the "sour grapes." The living entity is then forced to pretend to be a renouncer. But at the bottom of such renunciation burns the great flame of greed and the desire for enjoyment
- Asses also feel very respectable as a race, and when they run in flocks hither and thither in so-called jollity, it is understood to be a bad sign for human society
- Being puffed up by material possessions, wealth and opulence, one thinks the false, temporary material world to be an actual fact. This is the material disease
- Brahma said, "Actually, one who is liberated from the material concept of life can search for You; others cannot. The analogy of thinking the rope to be a snake is applicable only to those who are still in ignorance of You"
- By the evidence of sastra, Sanatana Gosvami detected Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be a direct incarnation of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, although Lord Caitanya never disclosed the fact
- I am trying to translate Srimad-Bhagavatam as quickly as possible. However, knowing myself to be an old man and almost an invalid because of rheumatism, I have already translated the essence of all literatures, the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- I am very much indebted to my father, and I have dedicated my book, Krsna book, to him. He wanted this. He wanted me to be preacher of Bhagavata, Srimad-Bhagavatam, and player of mrdanga and to become servant of Radharani
- I am very pleased that you are keeping to a very strict schedule & are reading my literature daily. If you continue in this manner you will grow up to be a first class preacher of Krsna consciousness. And this is the highest service that you can perform
- If the government is convinced that you are studying these theistic literatures under my guidance, then you can be classified in the 4-D section, qualifying you to be a student of religious ministership, and there will be no problem from the draft board
- If you are serious to be an important assistant in our Society you should fully engage yourself in translation work, and do not mix yourself with my so-called god-brothers
- ISKCON is not going to be social reformer, but as far as possible, we can help
- It is actually better to be a sudra than to be a brahmana and not develop the service attitude, because that attitude alone satisfies the Lord
- One does not know whether he is going to be a plant, or a beast, or a bird, or something like that, because there are so many species of life
- One who knows that the pure soul is simply an observer of the actions and reactions of these qualities (goodness,passion,ignorance), should be understood to be a liberated person. He is not bound by these qualities
- Taking Narada Muni to be an ordinary man, the daughter of Time confronted him with her lusty desire. It requires great strength to resist a woman's attraction. It is difficult for old men, and what to speak of young
- The boys began to talk among themselves: "Dear friends, this figure appears to be a great animal, and he is sitting in such a posture just to swallow us all. Just see - is it not a big snake that has widened his mouth to eat all of us?"
- The Caitanya-caritamrta confirms that that which is accepted in this material world to be a benediction and that which is taken to be a curse are both on the same platform because they are material
- The qualification, then, of a spiritual master is not to be a qualified brahmana, but to be well versed in the science of Krsna
- The sankirtana movement has been introduced by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu just to dispel the illusion of maya, by which everyone in this material world thinks himself to be a product of matter
- These Vaisnava sampradaya, although they appear to be a separate party, but their aim is how to serve Krsna. So don't think the party means some opposite party
- To be a good king is not necessarily the qualification for being Lord Rama, but to be a great personality like Krsna is the qualification for being the Personality of Godhead
- To be a householder is very risky unless one is trained and the wife is a follower of her husband. A husband should be trained at the very beginning of his life
- To be a playboy in this life is unfortunate because too much attraction to women will lead one to fall into the association of sudras
- To train the innocent boy to be a sense gratifier at the early age when the child is actually happy in any circumstance is the greatest violence