The Nectar of Devotion Chapter 01 - Characteristics of Pure Devotional Service
Pages in category "The Nectar of Devotion Chapter 01 - Characteristics of Pure Devotional Service"
The following 190 pages are in this category, out of 190 total.
- A devotee, not to speak of rejecting material sense gratification, does not even want any of the five kinds of liberation
- A Krsna conscious boy, even if he is not very well educated by the university standard, can immediately give up all illicit sex life, gambling, meat-eating and intoxication
- A Krsna conscious person gradually elevates himself without endeavoring for this so-called silent meditation. Simply because he is engaged in Krsna consciousness he automatically gives up all this nonsense and develops a high character
- A mystic yogi can enter into the sun planet simply by using the rays of the sunshine. This perfection is called laghima
- A person born into a family of dog-eaters is generally not fit for performing yajna, or sacrifice. The priestly caste in charge of performing these ritualistic ceremonies recommended in the Vedas is called the brahmana order
- A person engaged in Krsna consciousness, acting in devotional service, can develop all the good qualities that are generally found in the demigods
- A person is born in a brahmana family or in a family of dog-eaters due to his past activities. If a person is born in a family of dog-eaters it means that his past activities were all sinful
- A person who is engaged in devotional service in full Krsna consciousness is to be understood to be doing the best service to the whole world and to be pleasing everyone in the world
- A person who is not in Krsna consciousness has no good qualities. He may be highly educated from the academic point of view, but in the actual field of his activities he can be seen to be baser than the animals
- A person who is not trained in Krsna consciousness cannot become completely free from the desire for sinful activities
- A yogi can touch the moon with his finger
- Actually there is no difference between mystic perfection and materialistic perfection. A German scholar once said that the so-called yoga perfections have already been achieved by the modern scientists, and so he was not concerned with them
- Actually, a pure devotee does not aspire after any of these perfections because the happiness derived from devotional service in Krsna consciousness is so transcendental and so unlimited that no other happiness can be compared with it
- After comparing all these mystic yoga-siddhis to materialistic perfections, we find that the materialistic scientists try for the same perfections
- All of the yoga-siddhis, or perfections, are material arts. For example, in one yoga-siddhi there is development of the power to become so light that one can float in the air or on water
- All of these reactions to sinful deeds can immediately be stopped if we take to Krsna consciousness
- And this can be accomplished very easily by chanting the maha-mantra, or Hare Krsna mantra, as recommended by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Anima-siddhi refers to the power by which one can become so small that he can enter into a stone
- Animals who have four legs can flee from the forest fire or can at least try to flee, but the snakes are immediately killed. Similarly, the blazing fire of Krsna consciousness is so strong that the snakes of ignorance are immediately killed
- Another example is given in the Srimad-Bhagavatam of the elephant who enters into a lake and takes a bath very seriously, cleansing his body thoroughly
- Another perfection is called vasita, and by this perfection one can bring anyone under his control. This is a kind of hypnotism which is almost irresistible
- Any kind of happiness derived from religiousness, economic development, liberation or sense gratification cannot even dare to enter into the heart of a pure devotee
- Any person who has developed even a little quantity of pure devotional service can very easily kick out all the other kinds of happiness derived from religiousness, economic development, sense gratification and liberation
- Any person who has developed even a small amount of devotional service doesn't care a fig for any kind of happiness derived from religiousness, economic development, sense gratification or the five kinds of liberation
- Arjuna prayed, "My dear Krsna, I thought of You as my cousin-brother, and so I have shown disrespect to You in so many ways, calling You Krsna, or friend. But You are so great that I could not understand"
- Artificially, they (materialists) may sit down for so-called meditation, but immediately after their yogic performance they will engage themselves again in such activities as illicit sex life, gambling, meat-eating and many other nonsensical things
- As in the medical field, the doctor injects a vaccination to prevent the growing of contamination, the practical injection to stop all the fructifications of the seeds of our sinful activities is simply engagement in Krsna consciousness
- As soon as he is detected, arrest is awaiting him. Similarly, for some of our sinful activities we are awaiting distresses in the future, and for others, which are mature, we are suffering at the present moment
- As such, for anyone who is actually engaged in devotional service in full Krsna consciousness, how is it possible that he has not become purified? It is not possible
- Aspiring by oneself alone to achieve devotional service is also not very hopeful, because Krsna does not agree to award devotional service to merely anyone
- At the end of his wicked life, just by calling the name of "Narayana (Krsna)," he (Ajamila) was saved despite so much sin
- At the present moment groups of people are engaged in welfare activities in terms of society, community or nation. There is even an attempt in the form of the United Nations for world-help activity
- Austerity, charity and the performance of ritualistic ceremonies for counteracting sinful activities are recommended processes, but that by performing them one cannot remove the sinful desire-seed from the heart, as was the case with Ajamila in his youth
- Because he has not been able to remove the sex desire from his heart, he must again indulge in the same thing and become a victim of the same disease
- Being directly under the control of the internal potency of Krsna, devotional service attracts even Krsna Himself
- By performing Vedic ritualistic activities, by giving money in charity and by undergoing austerity, one can temporarily become free from the reactions of sinful activities, but at the next moment he must again become engaged
- Devahuti said to her son, "My dear Lord, there are nine different kinds of devotional service, beginning from hearing and chanting"
- Devahuti said to Kapiladeva. Anyone who hears about Your pastimes, who chants about Your glories, who offers You obeisances, who thinks of You and, in this way, executes any of the nine kinds of devotional service
- Devotees call Her (Radharani) Madana-mohana-mohani - the attractor of the attractor of Cupid
- Devotional service can in fact be attained only through the mercy of a pure devotee
- Devotional service has the power to actually nullify all kinds of reactions to sinful deeds. A devotee is nevertheless always alert not to commit any sinful activities; this is his specific qualification as a devotee
- Due to the shortcomings of limited national activities, such a general mass welfare program (in the form of the United Nations) for the whole world is not practically possible
- Foolish people thinks, "I am better off being busy with my material comforts - maintaining a nice apartment, family and sex life"
- Foolishly, people who are enamored of the glimmer of modern materialistic advancement are thinking that the Krsna consciousness movement is for less intelligent men
- For example, a person suffering from venereal disease on account of excessive indulgence in sex life has to undergo some severe pain in medical treatment, and he is then cured for the time being
- From this statement of Padma Purana it is understood that material contamination is very subtle. Its beginning, its fruition and results, and how one suffers such results in the form of distress, are part of a great chain
- Further characteristics of devotional service are described by Rupa Gosvami with evidences from different scriptures
- Happiness derived from pure devotional service is the highest because it is eternal. But the happiness derived from material perfection or understanding oneself to be Brahman is inferior because it is temporary
- He (a devotee) is satisfied simply by discharging loving service to the Lord. That is the characteristic of pure devotion
- He (a German scholar) intelligently went to India to learn how he could understand his eternal relationship with the Supreme Lord by means of bhakti-yoga, devotional service
- He (a mystic yogi) may be sitting thousands of miles away from a certain place, and if he likes he can take fruit from a garden there. This is prapti-siddhi
- He (a young boy in Krsna consciousness) saves his valuable time from being extravagantly spent in the way of smoking, drinking, attending the theater and dancing
- He (Kholaveca Sridhara) was quite happy in his present position and wanted only to gain unflinching faith and devotion unto the lotus feet of Lord Caitanya. That is the position of pure devotees
- He (Kholaveca Sridhara) was spending fifty percent of his small income on the worship of the Ganges, and with the other fifty percent he was somehow living
- He (Rupa Gosvami) states that there are six characteristics of pure devotional service, which are as follows
- He (the conditioned soul) is suffering in the present life the results of sinful activities from his past life, and he is meanwhile creating further sufferings for his future life
- How Krsna becomes attracted by the devotional service of His devotees is described by Narada in the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- How the Krsna consciousness movement can attract the attention of the whole world and how each and every man can feel pleasure in this Krsna consciousness is stated in the Padma Purana
- However alluring and attracting they may be, he (a person in full Krsna consciousness) always knows that no material welfare activities can be compared with the spiritual activity of Krsna consciousness
- If the devotee can be engaged twenty-four hours each day in devotional service they do not want anything else, not even the happiness of liberation or of becoming one with the Supreme
- Ignorance is no excuse for evading the reaction - sinful activities. Sinful activities are of two kinds: those which are mature and those which are not mature
- In addition to human society, he (a person who is engaged in devotional service in full Krsna consciousness) is pleasing even the trees and animals, because they also become attracted by such a movement
- In Bhagavad-gita it is confirmed that the mahatmas, or great souls, are under the protection of daivi prakrti, the internal energy - Radharani
- In other words, a pure devotee does not lack any kind of happiness derived from any source. He does not want anything but service to Krsna, but even if he should have another desire, the Lord fulfills this without the devotee's asking
- In other words, devotional service is not an activity of the material world; it is directly under the control of Radharani
- In other words, unless one adopts the path of devotional service, he cannot be one hundred percent clean from all the reactions of sinful activities
- In the above statement by Kapiladeva from the Srimad-Bhagavatam, the actual position of a pure devotee is described, and the primary characteristics of devotional service are also defined
- In the Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that one should surrender unto Him, giving up all other engagements. The Lord also gives His word there that He will protect such surrendered souls from the reactions of all sinful activities
- In the Hari-bhakti-sudhodaya it is stated that Prahlada Maharaj, a great devotee of the Lord, prayed to Nrsimhadeva (the half-lion half-man incarnation)
- In the preliminary phase of spiritual life there are different kinds of austerities, penances and similar processes for attaining self-realization
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is also confirmed by Prahlada Maharaj that merely by personal efforts or by the instructions of higher authorities one cannot attain to the stage of devotional service
- In this connection, Sukadeva Gosvami speaks in the Sixth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, 2nd Chapter, 17th verse, about the story of Ajamila, who began life as a fine and dutiful brahmana but in his young manhood became wholly corrupted by a prostitute
- In this way there is a chain of sinful activities and their concomitant distresses, and the conditioned soul is suffering life after life due to these sins
- It has been seen that great mayavadi (impersonalist) sannyasis - very highly educated and almost realized souls - may sometimes take to political activities or to social welfare activities
- It is also stated that all these four effects become immediately vanquished for those who surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, and become engaged in His devotional service in full Krsna consciousness
- It is implicit in this statement that a person born into a family of dog-eaters is generally not fit for performing yajna, or sacrifice
- It is said that even one drop of happiness in Krsna consciousness stands beyond comparison with an ocean of happiness derived from any other activity
- It is stated that as the personal attendants and maidservants of a queen follow the queen with all respect & obeisances, similarly the joys of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification, liberation follow the devotional service of the Lord
- Kapiladeva said to His mother, "My dear Mother, those who are My pure devotees, who have no desire for material benefit or philosophical speculation, have their minds so much engaged in My service that they are never interested in asking Me for anything"
- Kapiladeva said to His mother, "They (pure devotees) do not even beg to live in My abode with Me"
- Krsna can easily offer a person material happiness or even liberation, but He does not agree very easily to award a person engagement in His devotional service
- Krsna engaged Arjuna on the battlefield under His order, and so the fighting became devotional service. Therefore, Arjuna was not subjected to any sinful reaction
- Krsna is all-attractive, but pure devotional service attracts even Him. This means that pure devotional service is even transcendentally stronger than Krsna Himself, because it is Krsna's internal potency
- Krsna is called Madana-mohana, which means that He is so attractive that He can defeat the attraction of thousands of Cupids. But Radharani is still more attractive, for She can even attract Krsna
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "My dear Uddhava, devotional service unto Me is just like a blazing fire which can burn into ashes unlimited fuel supplied to it"
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "These are, of course, very nice activities, but they are not as attractive to Me as the transcendental loving service rendered by My devotees"
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "you may know it from Me, the attraction I feel for devotional service rendered by My devotees is not to be attained even by the performance of mystic yoga, philosophical speculation, ritualistic sacrifices, the study of Vedanta"
- Lord Caitanya once revealed Himself to this confidential devotee, Kholaveca Sridhara, and offered him any opulence he liked. But Sridhara informed the Lord that he did not want any material opulence
- Lord Siva says to Sati, "All such endeavors can hardly offer anyone devotional service to the Lord, not even if one tries for it by such processes for many, many thousands of births"
- Lord Siva says to Sati, "By performance of the ritualistic sacrifices recommended in the Vedas one can be elevated to the platform of pious activities and thereby enjoy the material comforts of life to the fullest extent"
- Lord Siva says to Sati, "My dear Sati, if one is a very fine philosopher, analyzing the different processes of knowledge, he can achieve liberation from the material entanglement"
- Mature sinful activities are exhibited if one is suffering from some chronic disease, if one is suffering from some legal implication, if one is born in a low and degraded family, or if one is uneducated or very ugly
- Modern scientific improvements also enable us to enter into stone, because they provide for excavating so many subways, penetrating the hills, etc. So , the mystic perfection of trying to enter into stone, has also been achieved by material science
- Narada also says to Yudhisthira, "He (Krsna) is very dear and affectionate, and He is the director of all your activities, both individual and familial"
- Narada also says to Yudhisthira, "He (Krsna) sometimes carries out your orders as if He were your messenger! My dear King, how very fortunate you are, because for others all these favors given to you by the Supreme Lord would not even be dreamt of"
- Narada also says to Yudhisthira, "My dear King, it is Lord Krsna, known as Mukunda, who is the eternal protector of the Pandavas and the Yadus. He is also your spiritual master and instructor in every respect. He is the only worshipable God for you"
- Narada said, "He (Krsna) is always with you in all circumstances. He is living with you and covering Himself from the eyes of others"
- Narada Said, "My dear King Yudhisthira, in this world you (the Pandava brothers) are the only fortunate people. The Supreme Personality of Godhead has appeared on this planet and is presenting Himself to you as an ordinary human being"
- Narada said, "Others cannot understand that He (Krsna) is the Supreme Lord, but He is still living with you as your cousin, as your friend and even as your messenger. Therefore you must know that nobody in this world is more fortunate than you"
- Neither the yoga process nor philosophical speculations nor fruitive activities can save one from the seeds of sinful desires. Only by being engaged in devotional service can this be done
- Of course, in the categories of mystic perfection there are certain processes which the material scientists have not yet been able to develop
- Of course, one can derive great amounts of temporary happiness by achieving such yogic materialistic perfections
- On account of a devotee's high grade of Krsna consciousness, even the demigods like to live with him, and therefore it can be understood that the qualities of the demigods have developed within his body
- One develops the highest character by becoming a pure devotee of Krsna. The conclusion is that no one can truly have any good qualities if he is lacking Krsna consciousness
- One must become blessed by the dust of the lotus feet of a pure devotee who is completely freed from the contamination of material desires
- One who is engaged in Krsna consciousness and devotional service has without doubt become freed from all contaminations of material sinful activities
- One who is not in Krsna consciousness usually cannot sit silently even for half an hour
- People who are not in devotional service can never understand what great value there is in rendering service to the Lord
- Persons who have unflinching faith in Krsna and are without any duplicity can develop all the good qualities of the demigods
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I now consider the happiness of brahmananda to be no more than the water in the impression left by a cow's hoof in the earth, compared to this ocean of bliss"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "I simply pray that my Krsna consciousness may be more strong and steady, because happiness derived out of Krsna consciousness and devotional service is so powerful"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "My dear Lord of the universe, I am feeling transcendental pleasure in Your presence and have become merged in the ocean of happiness"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "My dear Lord, I repeatedly pray unto Your lotus feet that I may simply be stronger in devotional service"
- Prahlada prayed to Nrsimhadeva, "with it (happiness from devotional service) one can have all the other perfections of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification and even the attainment of liberation from material existence"
- Pure devotional service automatically puts one in transcendental pleasure
- Pure devotional service brings immediate relief from all kinds of material distress
- Pure devotional service in Krsna consciousness is the highest enlightenment, and when such enlightenment is there, it is just like a blazing forest fire, killing all the inauspicious snakes of desire
- Pure devotional service is rarely achieved
- Pure devotional service is the beginning of all auspiciousness
- Pure devotional service is the only means to attract Krsna
- Rupa Gosvami and other learned scholars agree that a broad propaganda program for the Krsna consciousness movement of devotional service all over the world is the highest humanitarian welfare activity
- Rupa Gosvami divided happiness into three categories, 1) happiness derived from material enjoyment, 2) happiness derived by identifying oneself with the Supreme Brahman, and 3) happiness derived from Krsna consciousness
- Sanat-kumara said, "It is the duty of everyone to engage himself in the activities of Krsna consciousness in order to be freed from the tight knot of false ego and engagement in material activities"
- Sanat-Kumara said, "My dear King, the false ego of a human being is so strong that it keeps him in material existence as if tied up by a strong rope. Only the devotees can cut off the knot of this strong rope very easily, by engaging themselves in KC"
- Sanat-Kumara said, "Others, who are not in Krsna consciousness but are trying to become great mystics or great ritual-performers, cannot advance like the devotees"
- Simply by his (a prakramya yogi's) will he can perform such wonderful activities
- Siva speaks to Sati, "He (a person who has develop pure krsna consciousness) can enjoy the happiness achieved by the pure devotees"
- Siva speaks to Sati, "My dear wife, a person who has surrendered himself at the lotus feet of Govinda and who has thus developed pure Krsna consciousness can be very easily awarded all the perfections desired by the impersonalists"
- So medical treatment may give temporary relief from the distress of such venereal disease, but unless one is trained to understand that sex life is abominable, it is impossible to be saved from such repeated distress
- So that was the position of the Pandavas; although Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the greatest among all greats, still He remained with those royal brothers, being attracted by their devotion, by their friendship and by their love
- Sometimes it is found that a yogi who may have attained a little perfection in this vasita mystic power comes out among the people and speaks all sorts of nonsense, controls their minds, exploits them, takes their money and then goes away
- Sridhara Svami's commentary on the Srimad-Bhagavatam, "My dear Lord, some of the fortunate persons who are swimming in the ocean of Your nectar of devotion, and who are relishing the nectar of the narration of Your pastimes, certainly know ecstasies"
- Sridhara Svami's commentary on the Srimad-Bhagavatam, "Such a transcendental devotee regards any kind of happiness other than devotional service as no better than straw in the street"
- Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura has therefore said that the advancement of material knowledge renders a person more foolish, because it causes one to forget his real identity by its glimmer
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has analyzed the different sources of happiness. He has divided happiness into three categories
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has given a definition of auspiciousness. He says that actual auspiciousness means welfare activities for all the people of the world
- Srila Rupa Gosvami has stated that devotional service attracts even Krsna. Krsna attracts everyone, but devotional service attracts Krsna. The symbol of devotional service in the highest degree is Radharani
- Srila Rupa Gosvami says that if brahmananda, or the happiness of becoming one with the Supreme, is multiplied by one trillionfold, still it cannot be compared with an atomic fraction of the happiness derived from the ocean of devotional service
- Srila Rupa Gosvami says that the distresses from sinful activities are due both to the sins themselves and to sins committed in our past lives
- Srimad-Bhagavatam states that by performing devotional service a person who was born even in a family of dog-eaters may become eligible to take part in the performance of the ritualistic ceremonies recommended in the Vedas
- That is also being performed by modern scientists. They are flying in the air, they are floating on the surface of the water, and they are traveling under the water
- That is the proof of how great this process of devotional service is. It can attract even the Supreme Personality of Godhead. God is great, but devotional service is greater than God because it attracts Him
- The example is being given in this connection that when there is a forest fire the extensive blazing automatically kills all the snakes in the forest
- The highest perfection of mystic power is called kamavasayita. This is also magic, but whereas the prakamya power acts to create wonderful effects within the scope of nature, kamavasayita permits one to contradict nature
- The King (Yudhisthira) was thinking, "Prahlada Maharaj is actually a devotee of the Lord, while I am nothing"
- The Krsna consciousness movement is so nice that it can render the highest benefit to the entire human race. Everyone can be attracted by this movement, and everyone can feel the result
- The many sinful activities stored within us for which we have not yet suffered are considered immature. For example, a man may have committed criminal acts, but not yet been arrested for them
- The modern scientists have manufactured nuclear weapons with which they can destroy an insignificant part of this planet, but by the yoga-siddhi known as isita one can create and destroy an entire planet simply at will
- The mystic perfections achieved by actually successful yogis are eight in number
- The purport is that as the blazing fire can burn any amount of fuel to ashes, so devotional service to the Lord in Krsna consciousness can burn up all the fuel of sinful activities
- The purport to this verse is that the Lord easily offers liberation, but He rarely agrees to offer a soul devotional service because by devotional service the Lord Himself becomes purchased by the devotee
- The rarity of devotional service is also confirmed in the Tantra-sastra
- The reason is that they actually do not derive any ultimate transcendental happiness in the impersonal understanding and therefore must come down to the material platform and take to such mundane affairs
- The ritualistic performances, charity and austerity, which are recommended in the Vedas may temporarily stop one from acting in sinful ways, but as long as the heart is not clear, one will have to repeat sinful activities again and again
- The Sanskrit word kutam means that they are almost ready to produce the seed, or the effect of the seed. An "immature effect" refers to the case where the seedling has not begun
- The sinful activities for which we are suffering at the present moment are called mature
- The temporary comforts of the body are not the goal of life, and it is due only to darkest ignorance that people become enamored of the glimmering advancement of material comforts
- The tigers, the elephants, the deer and all other wild animals joined Him and were participating, in their own ways, by dancing and chanting Hare Krsna
- The yoga system teaches that if you become silent you will realize that you are God. This system may be all right for materialistic persons, but how long will they be able to keep themselves silent?
- Then as soon as he (the elephant) comes onto shore he again takes some dust from the earth and throws it over his body
- There are five kinds of liberation, namely to become one with the Lord, to live with the Supreme Lord on the same planet, to have the same features as the Lord, to enjoy the same opulences as the Lord, and to live as a companion of the Lord
- There are four kinds of effects due to sinful activities, which are listed as follows: 1) the effect which is not yet fructified, 2) the effect which is lying as seed, 3) the effect which is already mature, and 4) the effect which is almost mature
- There are many instances, especially in India, where these mayavadi sannyasis descend to the material platform again. But a person who is fully in Krsna consciousness will never return to any sort of material platform
- There are many results of past sinful activities for which we are suffering at the present moment, and we may be suffering in the future due to our present sinful activities
- There are many, many snakes on the ground of the forest, and when a fire takes place, it burns the dried foliage, and the snakes are immediately attacked
- There are so many persons in the modern world who have been highly educated in the materialistic universities, but it is seen that they cannot take up the movement of Krsna consciousness and develop the high qualities of the demigods
- There is another mystic perfection which is known as prakamya (magic). By this prakamya power one can achieve anything he likes. For example, one can make water enter into his eye and then again come out from within the eye
- There is no preventing one's falling down from material happiness, and there is even every chance of falling down from the spiritual happiness derived out of identifying oneself with the impersonal Brahman
- There Narada addresses King Yudhisthira while the King is appreciating the glories of the character of Prahlada Maharaj. A devotee always appreciates the activities of other devotees
- There was a great devotee of Lord Caitanya known as Kholaveca Sridhara, who was a very poor man. He was doing a small business selling cups made from the leaves of plantain trees, and his income was almost nothing
- These are practical proofs of how a Krsna conscious person becomes highly developed in good qualities, whereas a person who is not in Krsna consciousness cannot do so
- These people do not know that at any moment they can be kicked out of their material situation. Due to ignorance, they do not know that real life is eternal
- They (people) have no hope of being liberated from this catastrophe
- This ignorance of factual knowledge can also be dissipated by Krsna consciousness, as is confirmed in the Padma Purana as follows
- This is doom for him (Bhaktivinod Thakhura), because this human form of life is meant for getting out of the material contamination. By the advancement of material knowledge, people are becoming more and more entangled in material existence
- This siddhi is called prapti, or acquisition. With this prapti-siddhi, the perfect mystic yogi can not only touch the moon planet, but he can extend his hand anywhere and take whatever he likes
- This sinful desire-seed can be removed only by achieving Krsna consciousness
- This tight knot of false ego is due to ignorance. As long as one is ignorant about his identity, he is sure to act wrongly and thereby become entangled in material contamination
- Those effects described as "almost mature" refer to the distress from which one is suffering at present, and the effects "lying as seed" means that in the core of the heart there is a certain stock of sinful desires which are like seeds
- Those in pure devotional service deride even the conception of liberation
- Those who are not in Krsna consciousness, although very highly educated, are often drunkards, meat-eaters, sex-mongers and gamblers
- Though the modern astronauts go to the moon with the help of spaceships, they undergo many difficulties, whereas a person with mystic perfection can extend his hand and touch the moon with his finger
- To perform devotional service means to follow in the footsteps of Radharani, and devotees in Vrndavana put themselves under the care of Radharani in order to achieve perfection in their devotional service
- We experience that even a young boy in Krsna consciousness is unattached to cinemas, nightclubs, naked dance shows, restaurants, liquor shops, etc. He becomes completely freed
- When He (Lord Caitanya) was traveling through the forests of Jharikhanda in central India for spreading His sankirtana movement, the tigers, the elephants, the deer and all the other wild animals joined Him and were participating, in their own ways
- When one catches some disease, it is often very difficult to ascertain the cause of the disease, where it originated and how it is maturing. The suffering of a disease, however, does not appear all of a sudden. It actually takes time