Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Taught"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- Actually what I am doing, it was all taught in our childhood by our parents, my family. We were taught, "There is a grain of rice on the ground, and if it is touched by your feet, you should pick up the grain and touch on your head." This was our training
- African villages are supposed to be uncivilized, but I don't think. They have got enough of these things, patram puspam phalam toyam, anywhere. And they are being taught by this Krsna consciousness movement to offer to Krsna and take
- After the period of brahmacarya, a man accepts a householder's life, and the woman is also taught by her parents to be a chaste wife
- Although there is advancement of learning, many universities and educational institutions, but nowhere this subject matter is discussed or taught, "What I am"
- Animal killing is prohibited. Every living being, of course, has to eat something. But one should be taught what kind of food one should take
- Arjuna was a family man, a soldier, and he was directly taught the principles of Bhagavad-gita, but he never renounced the world nor the battlefield
- As education begins at the age of five years, similarly, Krsna consciousness, or bhagavata-dharma, should be taught to the children as soon as the child is five years old. That is his instruction
- Balarama said, "Don’t you (Kurus) even think that Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, can sit on the exalted royal throne and command everyone? All right! If your thinking is like that, you deserve to be taught a very good lesson"
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has taught that our tongue is very fastidious, wants to eat this thing, that thing, this thing, that thing
- Brahmacari is taught. From the very beginning he is taught to shortcut the necessities of life. Shortcut
- Brahmacari means how to control the senses, to keep under his own control, not that "I am now sexually inclined. I must have immediately sex." No. Danta. That is taught
- By his (Sri Sanatana Gosvami) personal example, he taught people how to stay in Vrndavana to execute devotional service
- He (Arjuna) met Indradeva, who not only presented him with his vajra weapon, but also taught him the military and musical science as used in the heavenly planet
- He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) is simply stressing the importance of accepting the disciplic succession. The knowledge taught in that disciplic succession actually comes from the Lord Himself, and if the knowledge descends unbroken, it is perfect
- He taught them how to express the symptoms of continuous, natural and transitional ecstasies with the movements of their faces, their eyes and the other parts of their bodies
- He was my spiritual master, and whatever he taught, we are speaking, that's all. We don't talk any nonsense
- I never said they should not use their beads. That is our business. They must be taught how to respect their beads. How they can learn unless they use them?
- If from the beginning of life one is taught the Vaisnava philosophy of duality or variety, the monistic philosophy will not bother him very much. In reality, everything is an emanation from the supreme source
- If the total populace is untruthful, how can the state be happy? Therefore, without consideration of one's belonging to a sectarian religion, whether Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist or any other sect, everyone should be taught to become truthful
- If you don't accept spiritual master, how you'll get transcen... You'll be taught here and there, here and there, and waste time. Waste time for the teacher and waste your valuable time. Therefore you have to be guided by an expert spiritual master
- In Hindu society, unmarried girls are still taught to worship Lord Siva with the idea that they may get husbands like him. Lord Siva is the ideal husband, not in the sense of riches or sense gratification, but because he is the greatest of all devotees
- In the beginning of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Srila Vyasadeva offered his respectful obeisances to the Supreme Truth, Vasudeva, Krsna. After that he taught his son, Sukadeva Gosvami, to preach Srimad-Bhagavatam
- In the Vedic system of knowledge, students, from the very beginning, are taught to vibrate om and learn of the ultimate impersonal Brahman by living with the spiritual master in complete celibacy
- In Vedic civilization a man is taught from the beginning of his life to become a brahmacari, then an ideal grhastha, then vanaprastha, then sannyasi, and the wife is taught just to follow the husband strictly in all conditions of life
- Indians are being taught that "The spiritual culture is useless. Because we are so much spiritually inclined, the foreigners came and they ruled over us. Now give up all this nonsense. Become technologist." This is going on
- It is significant that Lord Siva personally offered his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead just as he was taught by his father, Lord Brahma. Similarly, he was also preaching to the princes according to the parampara system
- Karma-yoga, or work with transcendental results, is the seed of pure devotional activities. This science is taught by Sri Krsna Himself or by His bona fide, confidential servants
- Krsna consciousness movement is for that purpose, that people should be taught that "You are eternal servant of God. Don't falsely claim that you are God. You don't care for God. You have to care."
- Maharaja Pariksit said that only the animal-killer cannot relish the transcendental message of the Supreme Lord. Therefore if people are to be educated to the path of Godhead, they must be taught first and foremost to stop the process of animal-killing
- Maharaja Rsabhadeva remained an ideal grhastha and taught His sons how to become perfect in spiritual life. These are some examples of how He ruled the earth and completed His mission as an incarnation
- Sex life is natural. It does not require any university education how to enjoy sex. They will enjoy it. Nobody... "Nobody is taught how to cry or how to laugh or how to enjoy sex life"
- Since He is the teacher of everyone, the Lord also taught His father, Nanda Maharaja
- Since the living entity is associated with material nature, he is in an awkward position, but if in the human form of life he is taught how to associate with the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His devotee, this position can be overcome
- Srivasa Thakura continued, "Who has taught these people? What are they saying? Now You can cover their mouths with Your own hand"
- Temporarily I may become very rich or poor, it doesn't matter. But people are being taught, "Oh, you are poor? You become rich.'' That's all
- Thank you for appreciating my humble efforts on behalf of my spiritual master, Bhaktisiddhanta & Lord Caitanya. Whatever I have done it is due to their potency in Krishna Consciousness. My only achievement is that I have not changed what they have taught
- The Bhagavad-gita is an important Vedic literature that has been taught for many years, but because it was commented upon by unscrupulous rascals, people derived no benefit from it, and no one came to the conclusion of Krsna consciousness
- The difference between animal society & human society is that a human being, whoever he may be, he can, if he is taught, trained and educated, he can understand his real position, that he is not this body, but he is pure consciousness; he is spirit soul
- The educational system is so rascaldom that there is no brain. All over the world. There is no institution where people are being taught how to conquer over death. There is no such institution
- The great sage Vyasadeva, after compiling the Srimad-Bhagavatam and revising it, taught it to his own son, Sri Sukadeva Gosvami, who was already engaged in self-realization
- The Lord (Caitanya) further added that the Mayavada philosophy taught by Sripada Sankaracarya is an imaginary explanation of the Vedas, but it had to be taught by him (Sankaracarya) because he was ordered to teach it by the Personality of Godhead
- The principle of Lord Caitanya's movement in educating and elevating everyone to the exalted post of a gosvami is taught in the Nectar of Devotion
- The six Gosvamis also taught worship of Krsna in the feeling of the gopis in separation. The prayers composed by Srinivasacarya about the Gosvamis explain these matters very clearly
- The symptoms of a devotee are meekness and humility. Although spiritually very advanced, he will always remain meek and humble, as Kaviraja Gosvami and all the other Vaisnavas have taught us by personal example
- The Vedic literature is to be considered a source of real knowledge, but if one does not take it as it is, one will be misled. For example, the Bhagavad-gita is an important Vedic literature that has been taught for many years
- The Vedic literatures are taught in higher planets also, as there is reference in the Bhagavad-gita about the teachings to the sun-god (Vivasvan) by the Lord, and such lessons are transferred by disciplic succession
- There is four division of life: brahmacari, grhastha, vanaprastha and sannyasa. The system is gradually to give him detachment. In the brahmacari life he is taught sufficiently that this life is meant for understanding Brahman
- These boys and girls, American boys and girls, they're being taught, instructed to become first-class, intelligent man. This is the movement
- They (fashionable persons) are taught to be always clean in mind, dress and eating in order to be fixed in Krsna consciousness
- They make God as order-supplier for their material needs. Or some of them are taught to love God because He is considered to be order-supplier. But our principle is not to make God our order-supplier - we want to execute the order of God
- They're still more misled by giving them education that "You are born in this land. You must feel for your nation, you must act for your nation," or the so-called nationality is taught. But nobody is taught actually what he is
- Through the feminine poses and dances they were taught by Ramananda Raya, the two girls precisely exhibited all these expressions of ecstasy before Lord Jagannatha
- We dance, we cry, we chant, we laugh not artificially. But Krsna consciousness is so nice. As you begin to chant, naturally you feel for dancing. So it is not taught artificially. It comes simultaneously with development of Krsna consciousness
- We do not become proud to have very scientific accurate knowledge by speculation. We are not such people. We are taught by the parampara system that we are humble servants of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and what our master says, we accept it
- What Krsna taught in the Bhagavad-gita, we are teaching the same thing without any different manufactured ideas. That is our Krsna consciousness movement. And it is open to everyone. The process is very simple
- When we are, I mean to say, taught to love God, we are instructed that "You go to temple, go to church, and pray to God for your necessities, for your grievances." That is the beginning. But that is not pure love