"surrendered soul "|"surrendered souls"|"soul surrendered"|"souls surrendered"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Surrendered Souls"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- A common master looks to the necessities of his servant, so how much more would the all-powerful, all-opulent Supreme Lord look after the necessities of life for a fully surrendered soul
- A fully surrendered soul always remains untouched by the hand of maya. Otherwise it is not possible
- A ksatriya king is proud to give protection to the surrendered souls. This attitude of a king is called isvara-bhava, or factual power to give protection in a righteous cause
- A person who knows the principles of religion does not kill an enemy who is careless, intoxicated, insane, asleep, afraid or devoid of his chariot. Nor does he kill a boy, a woman, a foolish creature or a surrendered soul
- A pure devotee is a completely surrendered soul unto the Personality of Godhead. He knows the Personality of Godhead as the supreme proprietor and all others as His servitors
- A pure devotee is a soul who is forever surrendered to the Lord (Krsna), just as a child is surrendered to his parents or an animal to its master - CC Preface
- A surrendered soul should be given all protection, even though he may be an enemy. That is the principle of religion
- A surrendered soul should take shelter of a holy place like Vrndavana, Mathura, Dvaraka, Mayapur, etc., and should say, "My Lord, from today I am Yours. You can protect me or kill me as You like." A pure devotee takes shelter of Krsna in such a way
- Akrura is a faultless soul surrendered unto the Personality of Godhead
- At the present moment, who will be successful in the rigid performance of the many yoga rules and regulations? Moreover, perfection is attained only by those who are surrendered souls
- Because of his development of transcendental attachment for the Supreme Lord, a surrendered soul feels the presence of his beloved everywhere, and all his senses are engaged in the loving service of the Lord
- Being very much pleased with Citraketu, who was a self-controlled devotee and surrendered soul, Narada, the most powerful sage, spoke to him the following transcendental instructions
- Brahma said, You are the protector of the surrendered souls; therefore I surrender unto Your lotus feet. Please give me protection from these demons
- By surrendering to the Lord and praying for His causeless mercy, the devotee can progress on the path of complete self-realization. The Lord is addressed as fire because He can burn anything into ashes, including the sins of the surrendered soul
- By the will of the Lord, the circumstances were so created that they became ways to the King's (Pariksit) becoming unattached to family connection and governmental activities and becoming a completely surrendered soul unto the lotus feet of Lord Krsna
- Devahuti requested her husband (Kardama Muni) to grant her something without fear. As a wife, she was a fully surrendered soul to her husband, and it is the responsibility of the husband to give his wife fearlessness
- Devotees attached to the transcendental loving service of the Lord may be described either as surrendered souls, as souls advanced in devotional knowledge, or as souls completely engaged in transcendental loving service
- Devotees like Brahma and Arjuna do not do anything on their own account, but as fully surrendered souls they always await indications from the Lord; therefore they attempt to do something which appears very wonderful to ordinary vision
- Duty of the surrendered soul
- Even an uneducated person can understand transcendental words if he is a fully surrendered soul. But without that mood of surrender, Bhagavad-gita remains incomprehensible
- Even if there are accidental sins committed by the devotee, the Lord saves the surrendered soul from all sins, as confirmed in all scriptures
- Even in dreams, such surrendered souls do not see Yamaraja or his order carriers, who are equipped with ropes to bind the sinful
- He (a liberated soul who is surrendered unto the lotus feet of the all-pervading Godhead) at once becomes eligible to be promoted to the spiritual kingdom, and he has nothing to do with the miserable land of the material world
- Here is Ganges, and you are also present here. So take me as your surrendered soul. I am surrendered to you. So at the present moment let that taksaka, the snake-bird, or anything may come and bite. I don't care for it. Please go on with the krsna-katha
- His nose (of the surrendered soul) is engaged in smelling the spiritual aroma of the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna). Similarly, his ears are engaged in hearing messages from Vaikuntha, and his hands embrace the lotus feet of the Lord and His associates
- If a surrendered soul tries to arrange for food and shelter but does not succeed, or if, once having these things, he loses them, then despite such reverses he remains unperturbed and simply remembers the Supreme Lord, Hari
- If one is not a soul surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is understood to be contaminated. Thus a chaste woman is advised not to agree to serve such a husband
- If one knows factually how God is great, then naturally he becomes a surrendered soul and engages himself in the devotional service of the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna begins His teachings by distinguishing the soul from matter, and in the Eighteenth Chapter He concludes at the point where the soul surrenders to Him in devotion - CC Intro
- In the Srimad Bhagavad-gita we find that religion means devotional service, or Krsna consciousness. Krsna says, "Give up all other religious principles and simply become a soul surrendered unto Me." This is religion
- In the Vedic writings such as the Katha Upanisad, the Lord is described as the sarva-bhuta-antaratma, or the Personality of Godhead who resides in everyone's body and who directs everything for one who is a soul surrendered unto Him
- In the world of duality everyone is envious of all others, and death is inevitable due to the dual existence of matter and spirit. The Lord is the only shelter of fearlessness for the surrendered soul
- It is not Gopinatha who sent all those men so that You would release him from his plight. Rather, his friends and servants, seeing his distressed condition, informed You because they all knew that Gopinatha is a soul surrendered unto You
- It is said in the Second Chapter, Second Canto, of Srimad-Bhagavatam that a fully surrendered soul has no anxiety about the maintenance of his body
- It is the duty of the surrendered soul to execute the orders of the Supreme. No one can disregard Him. Under the circumstances, Lord Brahma refused to give shelter to Durvasa Muni from the powerful Sudarsana cakra sent by the Lord
- It was better for the personality of Kali to have been killed by the King (Pariksit) then and there instead of being killed elsewhere. He was, after all, a surrendered soul before the King, and it was for the King to do what was required
- Just as Arjuna was made to be illusioned by family affection & thus the Bhagavad-gita was spoken, so the Yadu dynasty was made to be intoxicated by the will of the Lord, nothing more. The devotees & associates of the Lord are completely surrendered souls
- Just like the other day one rascal was asking - he is not a surrendered soul - "Swamiji, you know Krsna consciousness?" Just see. So this is not the process of question
- Kindly satisfy my inquisitiveness in all that I have inquired from you and all that I may not have inquired from you from the very beginning of my questionings. Since I am a soul surrendered unto you, please impart full knowledge in this connection
- Krsna is so grateful that He accepts him (a surrendered soul) and gives him all kinds of protection
- Krsna orders this release (of conditioned soul) out of His causeless mercy on the surrendered soul and out of His paternal affection for the living entity who is originally a beloved son of the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna wants us to give up all other engagements and surrender unto Him. If we do so, where will the cause and effect of this material world be? There is nothing like cause and effect for the surrendered soul
- Like a desire tree, the Lord fulfills the desires of one who takes shelter of Him, but one who does not take such shelter is distinct from the surrendered soul
- Lord Krsna's ultimate instruction in the Bhagavad-gita is that everyone should surrender unto Him, Lord Krsna. Krsna promises to take immediate charge of such a surrendered soul - CC Preface
- O brahmanas (Sages at the Ganges), just accept me as a completely surrendered soul, and let mother Ganges, the representative of the Lord, also accept me in that way, for I (Pariksit) have already taken the lotus feet of the Lord into my heart
- O brahmanas, just accept me as a completely surrendered soul, and let mother Ganges, the representative of the Lord, also accept me in that way, for I have already taken the lotus feet of the Lord into my heart
- O Narada, although the potencies of the Lord are unknowable and immeasurable, still, because we are all surrendered souls, we know how He acts through yogamaya potencies
- One must conquer this insurmountable spell of maya, and this is possible, by the grace of the Lord, when God reveals Himself to the surrendered soul
- One who becomes a surrendered soul and agrees to the order of the Supreme Lord can easily overcome those stringent laws
- Sri Devahuti said: My lord, you have fulfilled all the promises you gave me, yet because I am your surrendered soul, you should give me fearlessness too
- Such control of the material energy, however, can be most successfully carried out if one is a soul surrendered unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead and carries out His order in the spirit of loving transcendental service
- Surrendered souls, even from groups leading sinful lives, such as women, the laborer class, the mountaineers and the Siberians, or even the birds and beasts, can also know about the science of Godhead and become liberated from the clutches of maya
- That is the verdict of Srimad-Bhagavatam. So long one is not a surrendered soul to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there is no question of liberation from this material world
- The conditioned soul surrenders to the laws of nature in material existence, but when one fully surrenders to the Lord, material nature does not act upon him. Such a fully surrendered soul is favored by the Supreme Personality of Godhead directly
- The great sage Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the protector of surrendered souls, being thus addressed by the Pracetas and worshiped by them, replied, "May whatever you have prayed for be fulfilled"
- The intelligent person who can grasp these truths about the Lord (material creation is an imitation of the reality and those who are captivated by it are put under the direction of Yamaraja) becomes a soul fully surrendered unto Him
- The King will be firmly determined and always situated in truth. He will be a lover of the brahminical culture and will render all service to old men and give shelter to all surrendered souls
- The king, being the representative of the Lord, must possess this attitude of giving protection to the surrendered souls at all risk
- The liberated living entities, however, in the sanatana (eternal) manifestation, are unconditionally surrendered souls, and therefore they are not subject to the conditions of creation and annihilation
- The Lord asks the conditioned souls to surrender unto Him. Had the living entities not been subordinate to the supreme will, why would the living entity be asked to surrender?
- The Lord is unlimited and, by the grace of the yogamaya, helps the surrendered soul to know Him proportionately with the advance of one's surrender
- The Lord protects the surrendered soul from all sins and all resultant reactions of sinful acts
- The Lord reserves the right not to reveal Himself to anyone and everyone but to show Himself only to those souls who surrender unto Him
- The Lord's lotus feet are like an umbrella for the surrendered souls, protecting them from all the miseries of material existence
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, because we are now surrendered souls at Your lotus feet, You can give us relief from the entrapment of fruitive action made possible by the form of Jarasandha"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, we are not among these surrendered souls; we are still within the duality and illusion of this material existence. We therefore take shelter of Your lotus feet, for we are afraid of the cycle of birth and death"
- The Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, is always the benefactor of the surrendered souls. His activities are always enacted through His internal potency, Rama, or the goddess of fortune
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is covered by His yoga-maya. Only surrendered souls and devotees can see Him. BG 1972 purports
- The surrendered soul said, "You are the supreme possessor of everything, so if You like You can kill me, or if You like You can give me protection. All authority belongs to You. I have nothing to claim as my own"
- The surrendered souls are called akuto-bhaya. They are doubtless and fearless, and their entrance into the spiritual kingdom is guaranteed
- The unalloyed devotees of the Supreme Lord who are totally surrendered souls do not care when they leave their bodies or by what method. They leave everything in Krsna's hands and so easily and happily return to Godhead. BG 1972 purports
- The Vedas continued, "All the conditions of material existence are opposing elements for persons who are not surrendered unto You. But for those who are surrendered souls and are in full Krsna consciousness, these things cannot be a source of fear"
- They are actually unable to understand how You live in every living entity as the Supersoul, nor can they understand Your absolute position. But You are the eternal friend and protector of all surrendered souls
- Those who are not surrendered souls are put under the care of the material nature (bhramayan sarva-bhutani yantrarudhani mayaya (BG 18.61)); they are allowed to do things on their own account and suffer the consequences themselves
- Those who are surrendered souls, they will wait for the instruction of guru and do accordingly
- Uddhava said, "Although to accept the invitation offered by Narada as primary is quite appropriate, at the same time, my Lord, it is Your duty to give protection to the surrendered souls. Both purposes can be served if we understand the whole situation"
- Under no circumstances can the words of persons bewildered by the illusory energy of the Lord deviate the intelligence of those who are completely surrendered souls
- Unless you become submissive, you cannot be a surrendered soul
- We have never experienced such a thing. Since You are the ultimate shelter of all surrendered souls, we have therefore approached You; kindly save us from this danger
- When one surrenders unto the lotus feet of the Lord, these impediments (Attachment, greed and lust) are withdrawn, and one can realize the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore the Lord is the protector of the surrendered soul
- While he (Maharaja Sibi) was on the earth he became very famous as a protector of surrendered souls and a donor of charities
- Why, then, would He (God) neglect the maintenance of a surrendered soul who is cent percent engaged in the service of the Lord