Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
suggest | suggested | suggesting | suggestion | suggestions | suggestively | suggests
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Suggest"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total.
- A Russian fiction writer is now contributing suggestions to the rest of the world that scientific progress can help man to live forever. Of course, he does not believe in a Supreme Being who is the creator
- After Lord Brahma advised the demigods to go to Lord Siva and beg his pardon, it was suggested how he should be satisfied and how the matter should be placed before him
- As the king of a country thinks of diplomatic ways to achieve his object, Rukmini, being the daughter of a king, was diplomatic in suggesting how this unnecessary and undesirable killing could be avoided
- As you have suggested that someone from our institution be opted as a member of the Managing Committee., I have selected Sri Vishvambhar Dayala as well as myself. Both of us may be made members, and I shall give instructions through him
- At this meeting of all the inhabitants of Gokula, a cowherd man named Upananda, who was the most mature in age and knowledge and was very experienced according to time, circumstances and country, made this suggestion for the benefit of Rama and Krsna
- Because her marriage was already arranged to take place the next day, Rukmini suggested that Krsna come there incognito to kidnap her and then fight with Sisupala and his allies like the King of Magadha
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord Krsna, Your very name suggests that You are all-attractive. The attraction of the sun and the moon are all due to You
- He (Krsna) personally suggests that although the ways of illusory energy are very stiff to overcome, one who surrenders unto the lotus feet of the Lord is set free by the order of the Supreme
- He (Krsna) suggested that they forgo the sacrifice. His reasons for discouraging the sacrifice performed to please Indra were twofold
- He has given me one idea to educate our men in Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati for preaching work in the interior part of Bombay. I think it a good suggestion. If you are really serious in this matter you can immediately engage some of our men
- Herein it is suggested that anyone who wants to make an end to these miseries of life, namely repetition of birth, death, disease, and old age, must take to this process of worshiping the Supreme Lord and not others
- I am advising my men in Vrndavana to begin the function (of inaugurating Krsna-Balarama Temple) from the 16th of April as desired by you. Thanking you for your suggestion
- I am continuously trying to publish books, as suggested by my spiritual master
- I have no objection if KRSNA book is made to the 6.5 x 9.5 size, but a picture book as suggested by the Japanese people looks nice in a little larger size. So I have no objection to any size
- I welcome your suggestion. I have advised my assistants to publish one chapter in each issue from the Bhagavat Maha-Purana
- If we want to interpret the Vedic version, we must imagine an interpretation according to what we want to do. We set forth such an interpretation as a suggestion or hypothesis. As such, it is not actually true, and the self-evident proof is lost
- In the desert there is no water, but the mirage suggests that there is such a thing as water. In the material world there is no water, there is no happiness, but the real water of actual happiness is there in the spiritual world
- It has been suggested that Candidasa and Vidyapati were great friends because the writings of both express the transcendental feelings of separation profusely
- It is suggested that private airplanes or helicopters were also current in those days
- It was under the impression that original Caitanya Mahaprabhu's birth site is now under water. Or there were many theories and suggestions
- Krsna does not advise Arjuna simply to remember Him and give up his occupation. No, the Lord never suggests anything impractical
- Krsna is suggesting that first of all jnana. The rascals have no knowledge how to become happy. They are thinking they will be happy by drinking wine and eating meat and having sex life unlimitedly
- Lord Balarama's name suggests not only that He is very powerful but that He takes pleasure in exhibiting extraordinary strength. So He took a stone and threw it at Dvivida. The gorilla, however, artfully avoided being struck by the stone
- Lord Siva was especially sorry because he had recently lost his dear wife and was also very much afflicted by the unkind words of Daksa. Under the circumstances, Lord Brahma suggested, it would behoove them (the demigods) to go at once and beg his pardon
- Most probably I shall have to go to Russia for a fortnight. So my passport is immediately necessary. I think Amritanananda and Rahul may be required to go with us because their names have been suggested
- Mother Yasoda and all the gopis, as well as Nanda and the cowherd men, were astonished as to how the cart could have collapsed by itself. All who were assembled for the holy function crowded around and began to suggest how the cart might have collapsed
- Nityananda Prabhu then submitted one suggestion for the Lord's consideration. "There is a way," He suggested, "by which You need not meet the King but which would enable the King to continue living"
- No one will survive in this struggle with material nature. The history of human society definitely proves it, yet the foolish people still suggest that in the future they will be able to live perpetually, with the help of material science
- Now Sukadeva Gosvami is suggesting the platform of speculative knowledge. Progressing from karma-kanda to jnana-kanda, he is proposing, prayascittam vimarsanam: "Real atonement is full knowledge"
- One child keeps something within his fist and asks his friend, "Can you tell what is within?" and the friend gives some suggestion, although he actually cannot tell. But there is an art by which one can understand and actually tell what is held within
- One may suggest that there is sufficient labor for the devotees also in the matter of discharging devotional service. But that labor is compensated by the enhancement of transcendental pleasure
- Out of compassion for her dead sons, Devaki appealed to Lord Krsna and Balarama thus: "My dear Balarama, Your very name suggests that You give all pleasure and all strength to everyone"
- Pariksit Maharaja, being compassionate toward the conditioned souls suffering in hellish life, suggested that Sukadeva Gosvami continue describing the path of liberation
- Political suggestions by Vidura are known as expert, just as, in modern times, Pandita Canakya is considered the authority in good counsel in both political and moral instructions
- Regarding your proposal of a Rathayatra festival as Bhaktivinode Thakura suggested, you may kindly send me a note telling in which book the above statement is there. I shall be very glad to see the article you have written in this connection
- Rukmini's marriage with Sisupala was already settled; therefore she suggested that Krsna kidnap her so that this might be changed
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya suggested, "On that Ratha-yatra festival day, after dancing before the Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu will enter the Gundica garden. At that time you (King Prataparudra) should go there alone, without your royal dress"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then suggested, "If Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would like, I could bring Him into a first-class sampradaya by offering Him saffron cloth and performing the reformatory process again"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then suggested, "There is one means by which you can directly see Him"
- Some Mayavadi scholars argue that Srimad-Bhagavatam was not compiled by Sri Vyasadeva. And some of them suggest that this book is a modern creation written by someone named Vopadeva
- Sri Balarama suggested, "The jewel might have been kept in the custody of another man in Dvaraka, so You'd better return and search it out"
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura suggests that people who are materialistically inclined and sahajiyas, or so-called Vaisnavas who take everything very casually, are both visayis, or materialists
- Srila Rupa Gosvami suggests that the person eligible for Krsna consciousness, or devotional service, can be classified by his particular taste. He says that devotional service is a continual process from one's previous life
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura suggests that the rsis like Saunaka and others who were hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam from Suta Gosvami at Naimisaranya were not happy to hear about the Yadu's dying in the madness of intoxication
- Sukadeva Gosvami has suggested some alternatives for the bare necessities of life, namely the problem of eating, sleeping and shelter, but he has not suggested any alternative for sex satisfaction
- The activities in the spiritual world are without any of the inebrieties of the material world, but there is no question of impersonal voidness on the spiritual platform, as suggested by the impersonalists
- The brahmanas could understand the purpose of the Lord (Balarama), and thus they suggested that He atone in a manner beneficial to them
- The creation and manifestation of the material or spiritual energy does not render the creator impersonal. Here the very prayer suggests that God is sentient and can hear the prayers and fulfill the desires of the devotee
- The example shown by Brahma (Brahma thought of sex indulgence with his daughter) only suggests that the power of material nature is so strong that it can act upon everyone, even Brahma
- The Lord (Balarama) thus placed Himself in the position of an ordinary ksatriya and informed the sages that He did not know in what way He could atone for His killing of Romaharsana, but whatever they would suggest He would be glad to accept
- The Lord has suggested that by the influence of the speeches of saintly persons who have actually realized the Supreme, men are engaged in His transcendental loving service
- The Lord never suggests anything impractical. In this material world, in order to maintain the body one has to work. Human society is divided, according to work, into four divisions of social order - brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra
- The Personality of Godhead is never inactive as some less intelligent persons suggest. His works are magnificent and magnanimous
- The Pracetas will marry the daughter of the great sage Kandu. It is suggested that the son's name will be Visruta and that he will glorify both his father and mother because of his good character. In fact, he would be greater than Lord Brahma
- The sages said, "We (the sages) do not, however, suggest what kind of act You (Balarama) should perform to atone for killing him; we simply suggest that You adopt some method of atonement so that others may follow Your action"
- The suggestion of Mr. Kallman of Krishna Consciousness Kit is very nice. Please try to fructify this idea as soon as possible. As there is still time to get Bhagavad-gita ready published by MacMillan Co., Mr. Kallman may not come to S.F. so quickly
- The Vedic mantra maintains that the Absolute Truth has no legs and no hands and yet goes faster than all and accepts everything that is offered to Him in devotion. The latter statements definitely suggest the personal features of the Lord
- The very name Hastinapura suggests that there were many hastis, or elephants; because the Pandavas kept many elephants in the capital, it was called Hastinapura
- The very name Kṛṣṇa suggests piety and liberation
- The very name Narada suggests that he can deliver the Supreme Lord. Nara means the "Supreme Lord," and da means "one who can deliver"
- The very word "king" suggests one who is always surrounded by money and women. As a sannyasi, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was afraid of both money and women. The very word "king" is repugnant to one who is in the renounced order of life
- The word "ca" ("and") is used to connect a word or sentence with a previous word or sentence, to give the sense of aggregation, to assist the meaning, to give a collective understanding, to suggest another effort or exertion
- This initiation is the beginning of cleaning the contamination. Therefore this mantra suggests, apavitrah pavitrah va: either you be contaminated or not contaminated. When one is not contaminated, he's relishing this Hare Krsna mantra
- This is an instance of an argumentative suggestion in ecstatic love
- This very word "created" suggests that before the creation of the cosmic manifestation, the Lord was existing. Therefore God is not under the creation. If God were under the creation, how could He have created?
- To avoid the unnecessary killing of her relatives, Rukmini suggested that it would be easiest for Him (Krsna) to kidnap her while she was either going from the palace to the temple or else returning home
- To such a misguided interpreter we may reply, "Why should you suggest such fallacious logic? An interpretation is never accepted as evidence if it opposes the principles of scripture"
- To suggest that only this planet is filled with living entities and that others are vacant is foolish. This betrays a lack of real knowledge
- Whatever God has given you, you be satisfied with that. Don't waste your time, that is not possible. Therefore your occupational duty should be... The highest occupational duty is suggested here, yato bhaktir adhoksaje
- When Krsna reached her (Kubja's) house, He saw that it was completely decorated in a way to excite the lusty desires of a man. This suggests that there were many nude pictures, on top of which were canopies and flags embroidered with pearl necklaces
- Wherever there is the light of the sun, darkness or ignorance at once vanishes. The best means to get out of the world of ignorance is suggested here
- While I started this movement in America, some friend suggested that "You are writing 'International Society for Krishna Consciousness.' Why not make it 'God consciousness.' It will be accepted by everyone." God is Krishna
- Your proposal to cooperate with this movement is very magnanimous, and I thank you for your suggestion. But before doing anything tangible, I wish to discuss with you in detail
- Your suggestion is very good - if the verses from Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita are presented in classical art it will be something wonderful - the whole world will appreciate