Pages in category "Subtle Senses"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- The body cannot exist without the subtle sense objects because it is formed of the five elements. Therefore, since the body is false, the sense objects are also naturally false or temporary
- The body, the life airs, the external and internal senses, the five gross elements and the subtle sense objects cannot know their own nature because they are only matter, the nature of the other senses or the nature of their controllers
- The four internal senses, or subtle senses, described herein are defined by different characteristics
- The internal, subtle senses are experienced as having four aspects, in the shape of mind, intelligence, ego and contaminated consciousness. Distinctions between them can be made only by different functions, since they represent different characteristics
- The process of purifying the senses is by the yogic way, namely the gross senses are merged in the mode of ignorance, and the subtle senses are merged in the mode of passion
- The subtle mind should be engaged in hearing the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, thinking about them, chanting His name, etc. All such activities are transcendental. None of the gross or subtle senses should otherwise be engaged