Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
subject | subjects | subject's
- this category is for Subject as in "the subject is Krsna consciousness" and also "the subjects of the king"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Subject"
The following 197 pages are in this category, out of 197 total.
- A devotee should not be subjected to lamentation or illusion
- A foolish person who says that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the same as the living entity is an atheist, and he becomes subject to punishment by the superintendent of death, Yamaraja
- A learned man never laments over a subject which appears and disappears as a matter of course. The material body, which we get from the womb of our mother, becomes transformed after some time into ashes, earth, or stool, as the case may be
- A predicate always follows its subject. Now I shall explain the meaning of this verse according to the revealed scriptures
- Accepting the inconceivable plan of the Lord, you (Yudhisthira) must follow it. You are now the appointed administrative head, and, my lord, you should now take care of those subjects who are now rendered helpless
- According to the rules of rhetorical arrangement for efficient composition in literature, a subject should be mentioned before its predicate
- According to the time and circumstances, He (Krsna) spoke as follows, "You are the subject of the King of the Bhojas, and you live in the jungle. We are also indirectly his subjects, and We try to please him as far as possible"
- After assuming a material form, he (the individual soul) is subjected to the three material modes of nature and acts accordingly to continue his existence in the material world
- After some time they regained their senses and sat together to discuss various subjects
- Akrura continued, "Even if you (Dhrtarastra) treat them (the Pandavas) not as the owners of the throne but as your subjects, you should impartially think of their welfare as though they were your own sons"
- Akrura continued, "If you (Dhrtarastra) do not follow this principle and act in just the opposite way, you will be unpopular among your subjects, and in the next life you will have to live in a hellish condition"
- Akrura continued, "If you (Dhrtarastra) do so (to rule the kingdom on moral and ethical principles) and try to please your subjects in that way, your name and fame will be perpetual"
- Akrura hinted that although Dhrtarastra was ill-treating his nephews, the Pandavas, they happened to be his subjects
- Akrura replied, "One may make a very great plan with his fertile brain, but he must know that he will be subjected to the fruits, misery and happiness. But I have nothing to say against your proposal"
- All kinds of liberation exist under the feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead; therefore He is known as mukti-pada. According to another meaning, mukti is the ninth subject, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the shelter of liberation
- All of these subjects in the Ramayana seem very pitiable, and they may appear to be very distressing to the reciter, but actually this is not so
- All Vedic literatures declare that transcendental subjects cannot be understood simply by argument or logic. Spiritual matters are far above experimental knowledge
- Although his (devotee) behavior seems to be subject to the actions and reactions of fruitive activities, he is actually freed from the results of action
- Although the spiritual and marginal energies of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are nondifferent from the Supreme Personality of Godhead Visnu, they are predominated subjects, whereas Lord Visnu is the predominator
- Although the subject of such affections and dealings of love are very confidential, Sanatana Gosvami has described them very explicitly
- An unknown object should not be put before the known subject because the object has no meaning if the subject is not first given
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, what is the use of talking about Krsna? If you are at all interested in passing time by talking, let us talk on some subject other than Him"
- Any philosopher who takes Krsna also subjected to these, I mean to say, laws of maya, they are called Mayavadi
- Anyone who describes or hears any part of this elaborate subject will very soon receive the causeless mercy of Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- As far as Krsna's memory is concerned, it is said that when He was studying in the school of Sandipani Muni in Avantipur, He showed such a sharp memory that by once taking instructions from the teacher He immediately became perfect in any subject
- As from wood, fire can be manifested, or as butter can be churned out of milk, so also the presence of the Lord as Paramatma can be felt by the process of legitimate hearing and chanting of the transcendental subjects
- As long as one does not inquire about the spiritual values of life, one is defeated and subjected to miseries arising from ignorance. Be it sinful or pious, karma has its resultant actions
- As they were leaving, those bhakti-vedantas, who are very kind to poor-hearted souls, instructed me (Narada Muni) in that most confidential subject which is instructed by the Personality of Godhead Himself
- Association of a real knower of spiritual subjects
- At a time when material science predominates all subjects - including the tenets of religion - it would be enlivening to see the principles of the eternal religion of man from the viewpoint of the modern scientist
- At this point, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "This is all right, but still you can speak more on the subject." Ramananda Raya then replied, "Ecstatic love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the essence of all perfection"
- Because of their royal exalted posts, all these demons became very much puffed up, and their only business was to harass their subjects. Lord Krsna appeared on this planet just at the end of Dvapara-yuga to annihilate all these demoniac kings
- Because we are always very busy in the discharge of our worldly duties, generally we do not wish to understand any philosophy except our mundane philosophy of the stomach and allied subjects
- Before accepting someone as an incarnation of God, one should verify his identity according to the symptoms mentioned in the sastras. Without these symptoms the pretender is subject to be killed by the authorities
- Before surrendering, one is free to deliberate on this subject as far as the intelligence goes
- Being a great devotee of the Lord, he (Janaka) was transcendentally situated, but because he was the king of Mithila (a subdivision of Bihar province in India), he had to teach his subjects how to perform prescribed duties
- Bhismadeva was a statesman, the head of the Kuru dynasty, a great general and a leader of ksatriyas, his mind was strewn over so many subjects, and his thinking, feeling and willing were engaged in different matters
- Both the King and the subjects were happy in the discharge of worldly duties, and thus protection of the citizens and enjoyment of natural life, with full cooperation of material nature, followed in the reign of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- By the empiric process, one can possibly distinguish the metaphysical subjects from the physical objects; but unless such seekers of truth can reach the personal feature of the Absolute Truth, they gain only dry, impersonal knowledge
- Even the very question (what a man should hear, chant, remember and worship, and also what he should not do) is so nice that it is the best subject matter for hearing
- Everything that exists in the world is neither an object of happiness nor an object of distress; everything is simply subjective - that is, subject to our sense perceptions as they relate to our processes of thinking, feeling, and willing
- First the word 'ete' ('these') establishes the subject (the incarnations). Then 'plenary portions of the purusa-avataras' follows as the predicate
- For a materialistic person, the completely spiritual body is inconceivable. We have to accept the version of the Vedas when our experimental perception cannot understand a subject
- From Him only, all our kingly opulence, good wives, lives, progeny, control over our subjects, victory over our enemies, and future accommodations in higher planets have become possible. All this is due to His causeless mercy upon us
- From the Vedanta-sutra we understand that Brahman is by nature joyful. He cannot, therefore, change Himself into a body which is subject to so many painful conditions
- Here (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) ten subjects are described: (1) the creation of the ingredients of the cosmos, (2) the creations of Brahma, (3) the maintenance of the creation, (4) special favor given to the faithful, (5) impetuses for activity
- Here (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) ten subjects are described: (6) Prescribed duties for law-abiding men, (7) a description of the incarnations of the Lord, (8) the winding up of the creation, (9) liberation from gross and subtle material existence
- He (Krsna) can speak on the highest elevated subjects of philosophy, politics, economics - everything. And He also spoke before the gopis, who were so dear to Him. He wanted to enchant them by word jugglery, and thus He began to speak as follows
- He who acts for his own sense gratification, either in goodness or in passion, is subject to the reaction, good or bad
- Here (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) ten subjects are described: (10) the ultimate shelter, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The tenth item is the shelter of all the others
- Human life is never meant for sense gratification, but for self-realization. Srimad-Bhagavatam instructs us solely on this subject from the very beginning to the end. Human life is simply meant for self-realization
- I am glad that you are thinking how the Beni Madhava Temple may be properly utilized by our Krishna Consciousness Movement, and I am hopeful of discussion with yourself and the Mahant on this subject
- I have got about a half a dozen students who are Ph.Ds in different subjects, but they are all expert in Caitanya philosophy
- I have thus given a synopsis of the Vaisnava regulative principles. I have given this in brief just to give you a little direction. When you write on this subject, Krsna will help you by spiritually awakening you
- I think very confidently that this Krsna Consciousness Movement will solve all the problems of the world - political, social, economic, etc. I am writing books and articles on this subject strictly on the line of Acarya Parampara
- If I do not state a subject, I do not state a predicate. First I speak the former and then I speak the latter
- If someone even touches a brahmana's property, his family is ruined for three generations. However, if a brahmana's property is forcibly taken away, the taker's family for ten generations before him and ten generations after will be subject to ruination
- If the king looks after the spiritual interests of the citizens, he can levy taxes without difficulties. In this way both the subjects and the king will be happy during this life
- Impersonal Brahman, the localized Paramatma and the Personality of Godhead are three subjects, and the glowing effulgence, the partial manifestation and the original form are their three respective predicates
- In the Bhagavad-gita, three principal subjects have been explained by Lord Sri Krsna, namely karma-yoga, jnana-yoga and bhakti-yoga, but one can reach the Vaikuntha planets by the practice of bhakti-yoga only
- In the Manu-samhita it is said that when king punishes a citizen, he is reduced in his sinful actions so that he may not subjected in his next birth for that sinful reaction if he undergoes the punishment of a king
- In the subject of life, if we prepare for the examination at the time of death and pass it, then we are transferred to the spiritual world. Everything is examined at the time of death
- In this Ninth Chapter, as it is willed by Lord Sri Krsna, Bhismadeva will impart instructions to King Yudhisthira on the subject of occupational duties
- In this way they (the great sages & devotees) also do not become subject to the laws of pleasure and pain in the modes of material nature. How, then, is it possible for Krsna, who appears by His own internal potency, to be subjected to the laws of karma?
- Indeed, all living entities within this material world are under the control of mahamaya, whose business is to subject them to the influence of threefold miseries
- Let me now invest my thinking, feeling and willing, which were so long engaged in different subjects and occupational duties, in the all-powerful Lord Sri Krsna
- Living entities are apt to be attracted to the material creation, actively and subjectively, they are therefore different from the Lord
- Living entities other than human beings have no capacity to understand transcendental subjects. The human being is therefore considered to be the highest of all creations, and we must understand the nature of this higher standing
- Long, long before the discovery of the principles of antimatter and the anti-material worlds, the subject was delineated in the pages of Bhagavad-gita
- Lord Krsna said, "He can very easily cross over ocean of nescience, and he is not subject to the influence he illusory energy. Dear friend, everyone should consider his father to be his first teacher because by the mercy of one's father one gets body"
- Many subjects were thoroughly discussed in the talks between Lord Caitanya and Sanatana Gosvami. Due to the mercy of Lord Caitanya, Sanatana was able to put important questions before Him, and these questions were replied to properly
- Material subject matter becomes stale, and one cannot hear a certain subject for a long time; he wants change
- Mayavadi philosophers, who have a poor fund of knowledge, simply dismiss the subject by explaining that krsna means "black." Not understanding the qualities of Krsna, these atheistic rascals do not accept Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- My dear boy, the Lord, who carries the wheel of a chariot, is represented by the monarchical regime, and when this regime is abolished the whole world becomes filled with thieves, who then at once vanquish the unprotected subjects like scattered lambs
- My dear King, Brahma, the firstborn, on being questioned by Narada, exactly apprised him on this subject, as it was directly spoken by the Lord to His own son, who was impregnated with Vedic knowledge from his very birth
- My Guru Maharaja was called "Living Encyclopedia'', he could talk with anyone on any subject
- Narada Muni spoke to the Haryasvas, the sons of Prajapati Daksa, about ten allegorical subjects - the king, the kingdom, the river, the house, the physical elements and so forth
- Narada's proposal that Lord Krsna go to Hastinapura for Maharaja Yudhisthira's great Rajasuya sacrifice did not much appeal to them because they (Krsna & His associates) were seriously considering this (how to attack the kingdom of Jarasandha) subject
- Negation of material existence is only one of the subjects of the Upanisads. The next subject concerns becoming situated in the impersonal realization
- On the southern side of the Vedas, there are fruitive activities, by which one is subject to the punishment of Yamaraja. When one follows the system of fruitive activity, his material desires remain prominent
- One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence, and the three material qualities. That is the objective of human life
- One must learn the transcendental subject by submissive aural reception from the right sources. Therefore these sages addressed the speaker Suta Gosvami with great respect
- One should not state a predicate before its subject, for it cannot thus stand without proper support
- One who is not satisfied with the mind must fall to degradation. One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence
- Only one who has properly grasped the transcendental knowledge from the right source by submissive hearing can properly explain the subject
- Out of the five subjects (the Supreme Lord, the living being, nature, time and space and the process of activity), the Supreme Lord, the living entity, nature, and time and space are eternal
- Persons who subject themselves to the rules and regulations of atonement are not at all intelligent. Indeed, they are in the mode of darkness
- Please try to understand the philosophy with all your reason and faith; and as you have inquired from me I shall try my best to convince you in the subject
- Prthu says to his subjects, "My dear citizens, please note that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, is actually the deliverer of all fallen conditioned souls"
- Ramananda Raya inquired, "By which subdivision of style do the players enter?" Rupa Gosvami then began to speak specifically about this subject
- Recent trends show that without probing deeply into a subject, these Westerners uselessly debate direct and indirect meanings ad infinitum
- Regarding the almanac, all your subjects included are approved by me. So there is nothing to add, just see that it is finished printing before Lord Caitanya's Appearance day
- Regulative principles are required for persons who have not achieved such a position of spontaneous love. Brahma is also a devotee of the Lord, but he is an ordinary devotee subject to following regulative principles
- Religion includes four primary subjects, namely pious activities, economic development, satisfaction of the senses, and finally liberation from material bondage. Irreligious life is a barbarous condition. Indeed, human life begins when religion begins
- Sacrifice is the means for counteracting such accumulated sins (committed by fruitive workers). The demigods are pleased when such sacrifices are performed, just as prison officers are satisfied when the prisoners are turned into obedient subjects
- Saunaka Muni asked: After killing his enemies who desired to usurp his rightful inheritance, how did the greatest of all religious men, Maharaja Yudhisthira, assisted by his brothers, rule his subjects?
- Scriptures dealing with these subjects are essential for progressive human life
- She (a female singer in the Jagannatha temple) sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- She sang a gujjari tune in a very sweet voice, and because the subject was Jayadeva Gosvami's Gita-govinda, the song attracted the attention of the entire world
- Since the entire Vedic literature deals with the subject of Brahman, Krsna is therefore the ultimate goal of Vedic understanding. The impersonal brahma-jyotir rests on the personal form of the Lord
- So if we want to learn some specific subject we have to accept a proper authority or a bona fide teacher. Similarly if we want to learn the science of God, we have to approach a person who knows the science
- Sometime ago you wrote me that you wanted some new topics for writing subjects, so I think you can begin by compiling information from my past lectures on Prahlada Maharaja, then add the pictures and print it
- Sometimes they (Krsna and His firends) would play amongst themselves like a king and his subjects
- Sometimes you are not in agreement in subjects concerning Krishna Consciousness. Of course, disagreements may be there, but there should not be dissension
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Ramananda Raya, you are jubilant at hearing these poetic expressions, but I am ashamed to hear them, for people in general will joke about the subject of this verse"
- Sri Suta Gosvami said: While traveling on a pilgrimage, Vidura received knowledge of the destination of the self from the great sage Maitreya and then returned to Hastinapura. He became as well versed in the subject as he desired
- Srimad-Bhagavatam teaches us three subjects: how to reestablish our eternal relationship with the Supreme Lord, how to act in that relationship, and, lastly, how to achieve the highest benefit from it
- Students prepare for two to five years in college, and the final test of their education is the examination. If they pass the examination, they get a degree. Similarly, in the subject of life, we prepare for the examination at the time of death
- Subject which is beyond their understanding by experimental knowledge, and if they try to understand it by the same experimental knowledge, that means confusion. This has to be understood by descending process of disciplic succession
- Suta Gosvami said: Being afraid for having killed so many subjects on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, Maharaja Yudhisthira went to the scene of the massacre. There, Bhismadeva was lying on a bed of arrows, about to pass away
- That most ancient person, the Personality of Godhead, will alone come to our rescue. What purpose can we serve on His behalf by deliberating on the subject?
- The aggregate of these twenty-four elements is called the field of activity. If one makes an analytical study of these twenty-four subjects, then he can very well understand the field of activity
- The composition is faulty, and the meaning of the words has become doubtful, because you have placed the known subject at the end and that which is unknown at the beginning
- The conditioned souls, subjected to these three miseries by the control of the external energy, suffer various difficulties
- The cow-shaped earth continued: My dear King, I am just like a strong boat, and all the paraphernalia of the world is standing upon me. If you break me to pieces, how can you protect yourself and your subjects from drowning?
- The devotee should not hear Lord Visnu or His devotees blasphemed. (19) The devotee should avoid reading or hearing newspapers or mundane books that contain stories of love affairs between men and women or subjects palatable to the senses
- The earth informed King Prthu that if he destroyed her, he and his subjects would all fall down into the waters of the garbha ocean. King Prthu now replies to that point
- The ecstasy of transcendental love has two components - the context and the cause of the excitement. The context is also divided into two parts - the subject and the object
- The fiction writers, poets and celebrated litterateurs are generally engaged in writing of sensuous subjects, but if they turn towards the service of the Lord they can describe the transcendental pastimes of the Lord
- The five sense organs through which knowledge is acquired are subjected to six kinds of whips: lamentation, illusion, infirmity, death, hunger and thirst
- The following statement elucidates the subject of part and whole: "All living entities are just like sparks from the supreme fire"
- The gigantic universal form of the Personality of Godhead, within the body of the universal shell, which is covered by sevenfold material elements, is the subject for the virat conception
- The holy messages of Godhead, as inculcated in the Bhagavad-gita or in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, are undoubtedly transcendental subjects
- The King (Pariksit) was right to punish his subject for coldly receiving him or neglecting him, but because the culprit was a sage and a brahmana, it was unprecedented
- The king is responsible. The government is responsible that any one of his subject, either animal or man, he is not disturbed; he feels secure of his property, of his person. And it is the duty of ksatriya to save, to protect
- The king or government may levy taxes upon the citizens in various ways provided the king is able to give full protection to his subjects to assure the security of their life and property
- The king's interest is to guide all subjects back to the kingdom of God. Hence the activities of the citizens should be so coordinated that they can at the end go back home, back to Godhead
- The kings began to manage the affairs of their kingdoms in accordance with the instructions of Lord Krsna, and all those kings and their subjects passed their days very happily. This is a vivid example of a Krsna conscious society
- The knowledge that we gather by our education in the schools and colleges may help us temporarily in the study of some particular subject in the present span of life, but this acquisition of knowledge cannot satisfy our eternal need
- The Krsna consciousness movement of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is so powerful that it can inundate the entire world and interest all classes of men in the subject of love of Godhead
- The material energy is in fact divided into twenty-four elements. The individual soul, the owner of the individual body, is a twenty-fifth subject, and above everything is Lord Visnu as Paramatma, the supreme controller, who is the twenty-sixth subject
- The predicate of a sentence is what is unknown to the reader, whereas the subject is what is known to him
- The presence of the Lord as Paramatma can be felt by the process of legitimate hearing and chanting of the transcendental subjects which are especially treated in the Vedic literatures like the Upanisads and Vedanta
- The rajarsis would manage their kingdoms so nicely and piously that their subjects would respect them as if they were the Lord. That is the instruction of the Vedas
- The ruling administrators of any part of the universe, either on this planet or on other planets, are factually the representatives of the Almighty Personality of Godhead, and they are meant to lead the subjects towards the path of God realization
- The sane person ceases to speculate on subjects beyond the jurisdiction of his tiny brain, and as a matter of course he tries to learn to surrender unto the Supreme Lord, who alone can lead one to the platform of real knowledge
- The scriptural conclusion is that mundane philosophers like Dr. Radhakrishnan are not qualified to delve into spiritual subjects. The devotees of the Lord alone are eligible to understand Lord Krsna
- The sincere devotee who associates with devotees gets the opportunity to hear and contemplate this subject of the pastimes of the Lord, and the result is that he feels distaste for so-called happiness in this or that world
- The spiritual master must not be subjected to the advice of a disciple, nor should a spiritual master be obliged to take instructions from those who are not his disciples. This is the sum and substance of Srila Rupa Gosvami's advice in the sixth verse
- The subject matter of this spiritual energy exhibited by living beings is undoubtedly very complicated for an ordinary man, who is therefore astounded by the subject
- The subject matter of this spiritual energy exhibited by living beings is undoubtedly very complicated for an ordinary man, who is therefore astounded by the subject. Sometimes he partially understands it through the imperfect senses
- The subject matter of this spiritual energy exhibited by the living being is undoubtedly very complicated thing for an ordinary man. The ordinary man is therefore astounded in the subject
- The subject matters of physics, chemistry, mathematics, astronomy, time and space dealt with in the above verses of Srimad-Bhagavatam are certainly very interesting to students of the particular subject
- The subject of His thoughts was Srimati Radharani, who met Krsna on the field of Kuruksetra. Although She met Krsna there, She was nonetheless thinking of Him in the following way
- The subject of the Bhagavad-gita entails the comprehension of five basic truths. First of all, the science of God is explained and then the constitutional position of the living entities, jivas
- The subject of the departure of the sons of Pandu for the ultimate goal of life, back to Godhead, is fully auspicious and is perfectly pure
- The Vedas are subjects which had to be explained even to Brahmaji by the Supreme Lord. Therefore the subject matter is understood by persons with exceptional qualities of goodness
- The Vedas deal mainly with the subject of the three modes of material nature. O Arjuna, become transcendental to these three modes. Be free from all dualities and from all anxieties for gain and safety, and be established in the self
- The Vedas personified, prayed to the Lord as follows, "My dear Lord, it is very difficult to understand spiritual knowledge. Your appearance here just as You are, is to explain to us this most difficult subject of knowledge of the spirit"
- Then in the next millennium, according to this theory, Brahman again expands in different bodily forms. If we accept this theory, then Brahman becomes subject to change. But this cannot be accepted
- Theological science is a difficult subject, especially when it deals with the transcendental nature of God. It is not a subject matter to be understood by persons who are too much attached to material activities
- There are innumerable books which contain countless subjects for discussion among two devotees or more. Friendship should be cemented between persons with mutual interests and understanding
- There are many activities in the Vedic literature which are subjects of contention. For instance, it is said that an animal can be killed in a sacrifice, yet some maintain that animal killing is completely abominable
- There are sufferings imposed by natural phenomena. So because we have got this body, we are subjected to threefold miseries of life. And we are hankering after eternal life, blissful life, life of knowledge
- There is also a description of the sun and the universal form of the Lord. All these subjects are conclusively explained in a nutshell in the Brahma-samita
- There is much advancement of material science all over the world, but regrettably, these advanced scientists have made no attempt to understand the living spark, the spirit, which is always the most important subject
- Therefore first the word 'krsna' appears as the subject, followed by the predicate, describing Him as the original Personality of Godhead
- Therefore one should refrain from hearing the lectures of such professional men. Such men usually go to the most confidential part of the literature without undergoing the gradual process of understanding this grave subject
- Thereupon that man who spoke on different subjects with thousands of meanings and who fought on thousands of battlefields and protected thousands of men, stopped speaking and, being completely freed from all bondage, withdrew his mind from everything else
- These matters are the subject of study for the empiric philosopher or the sankhya-yogi. To come to the right conclusion, sankhya-yogis undergo severe austerities and penances, practicing control of the senses and renunciation
- These proud mlecchas (persons who are less than sudras), representing themselves as kings, will tyrannize their subjects, and their subjects, on the other hand, will cultivate the most vicious practices
- This breathing exercise is meant to mechanically make the mind fixed upon a particular subject. That is the result of the breathing exercise and also of the different sitting postures of yoga
- This rhetorical rule (one should not state a predicate before its subject, for it cannot thus stand without proper support) appears in the Ekadasi-tattva, Thirteenth Canto, in connection with the metaphorical use of words
- Those sinful people who blaspheme Vaisnavas, who are all great souls, are subjected very severely to the punishment offered by Yamaraja
- Those who are not devotees can never achieve the benefits of devotional service. For them the subject of devotional service is always very difficult to understand
- Those who know the science of Krsna consciousness automatically know of subsidiary subjects like fruitive activity, speculative knowledge, yoga, charity, penance, austerity, and chanting mantras
- Thus there are seventeen varieties of subjects in the first canto, which is known as the Adi-lila. Twelve of these constitute the preface of this scripture
- To achieve success in any subject, it is necessary to establish a relationship with a master of that subject and to work favorably in that particular line
- To counteract this tendency, we have to divert our talking to the subject of Krsna
- To distinguish this ultimate shelter from the other nine subjects, the mahajanas have described these nine, directly or indirectly, through prayers or direct explanations
- We have got so many subjects, positive. Read our books and present it in a different way
- We know that you are expert in the meaning of all subjects, except some portions of the Vedas, and thus you (Saunaka Rsi) can clearly explain the answers to all the questions we have just put to you
- We may say, "This vipra is a greatly learned man." In this sentence, the vipra is the subject, and the predicate is his erudition
- What is the purpose of philosophical speculation on the subject of the Absolute Truth?
- When he (Arjuna) went out to bring all other kings of the world under the subjection of the Pandavas, as was usual after the coronation of every emperor, he conquered the country named Kelinda and brought in subjugation King Bhagdutt
- When one understands all of these twenty-six subjects (the twenty-four elements, the individual soul, and Lord Visnu as Paramatma), he becomes adhyatma-vit, an expert in understanding the distinction between matter and spirit
- When Rupa Gosvami heard a verse uttered by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu during the ceremony, he immediately composed another verse dealing with the same subject
- When something is reflected on the water, it appears to be moving. When it is reflected on ice, it appears fixed. When it is reflected on oil, it appears hazy. The subject is one, but under different conditions it appears differently
- When the same relationships are pervertedly reflected in this material world, we have relationships as the sons, fathers, friends, lovers, masters or servants of others, but all these relationships are subject to termination within a definite period
- With advanced knowledge, he (Priyavrata) always engaged in discussing spiritual subjects and did not divert his attention to anything else. The Prince's father then asked him to take charge of ruling the world
- Without the mercy of the Supreme Lord, such esoteric subjects are incomprehensible, even if one spends many years researching them
- Yasoda said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Him under whose illusory energy I am thinking that Nanda Maharaja is my husband & Krsna is my son, that all the properties of Nanda belong to me & that all the cowherd men & women are my subjects"
- You (Vyasadeva) have fully delineated the subject of impersonal Brahman as well as the knowledge derived therefrom. Why should you be despondent in spite of all this, thinking that you are undone, my (Narada Muni) dear prabhu?
- You have achieved poetic imagination and ingenuity by the grace of your worshipable demigod. But poetry not well reviewed is certainly subject to criticism
- Your suggestion for groups teaching practical subjects like book distribution, deity worship, is also good. These things are wanted