Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
string | stringed | stringing | stringless | strings | stringy
- not "string* instrument*"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "String"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.
- Actually, a bow is in the curved position because it is tied at its two ends by the bowstring; but in the rainbow there is no such string, and yet it rests in the sky so beautifully
- After stringing the bow in the presence of the crowd, He drew it and broke it at the middle into two parts, exactly as an elephant breaks sugarcane in the field. Everyone present appreciated Krsna's power
- All the strings of his (Banasura's) bows had been broken, and there was no chariot or driver, so he had no alternative but to return to his city. He lost everything in the battle
- As soon as he (Narada Muni) strokes the strings (of his vina), all the devotees begin responding, making a very beautiful vibration
- He (Krsna) took His arrows from their quiver, and one after another He set them on the bowstring and shot them toward the enemy. They were so accurate that the elephants, horses and infantry soldiers of Jarasandha were quickly killed
- His ears are fixed on the string of that bow, and when His eyes spread to His ears, He pierces the hearts of the gopis
- In the midst of the thunder in the cloudy sky there appears a rainbow that has no string. Its appearance is compared to the appearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His servants in the midst of the material atmosphere
- Indirectly Kutila was insulted by the following statement, "My dear Kutila, daughter of Jatila, your breasts are as long as string beans - simply dry and long. Your nose is so gorgeous that it is defying the beauty of the noses of frogs"
- It is said that saints have been able to hear the vibrating strings of the vina in the hands of Narada, who is always singing the glories of Lord Krsna
- Laksmana said, "Heroes like Jarasandha, Ambastha, Sisupala, Bhimasena, Duryodhana and Karna were, of course, able to string the bow, but they could not pierce the fish, because it was covered, and they could not trace it out from the reflection"
- Laksmana said, "Some with great difficulty drew the string from one end to the other, but being unable to tie the other end, they were suddenly knocked down by the springlike bow"
- Lord Brahma offered a waterpot to the inexhaustible Supreme Personality of Godhead, the seven sages offered Him kusa grass, and mother Sarasvati gave Him a string of Rudraksa beads
- Rukmi immediately took another bow and shot another five arrows at Krsna. Being attacked for the second time, Krsna again severed Rukmi's bowstring. Rukmi took a third bow, and Krsna again cut its string
- Rukmini continued, "At the time of my marriage ceremony, simply by giving a jerk to the string of Your bow, You (Krsna) very easily drove the others away and kindly gave me shelter at Your lotus feet"
- The walls as well as the arches between the pillars glowed from the decorations of different kinds of sapphires. Throughout the palace were many canopies made by Visvakarma that were decorated with strings of pearls
- This art (how to manipulate thin threads for dancing puppets) includes how to string wires on musical instruments, such as the vina, sitar, esaraja and tamboura, to produce melodious sounds
- This bow (belonging to Lord Siva) was so heavy that it was carried by three hundred men, but Lord Ramacandra bent and strung it and broke it in the middle, just as a baby elephant breaks a stick of sugarcane
- Tin, tin, tin, tin - International Society String Band, combined together, now we have become a stringed instrument