Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
chain | chained | chains
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► String (3 C, 24 P)
Pages in category "Chain"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- A person who cannot overcome the jurisdiction of stereotyped religious principles is compared to an animal chained up by his master
- All transcendental messages are received properly in the chain of disciplic succession. This disciplic succession is called parampara
- As soon as she (Sudama's wife) saw her husband (Sudama) present before her, tears of joy fell from her eyes, and her voice became so choked up that she could not even address her husband
- As soon as this knot is loosened, therefore, all the clouds of doubt are at once cleared off. One sees his master and fully engages himself in the transcendental loving service of the Lord, making a full termination of the chain of fruitive action
- Brahma said, "Simply by understanding the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one can overcome the chain of repeated birth and death. I therefore recommend that people should not try to understand You (Krsna) by their speculative knowledge"
- By the influence of this internal potency, Yogamaya, all the residents of Kamsa’s palace, especially the doorkeepers, were overwhelmed with deep sleep, and all the palace doors opened, although they were barred and shackled with iron chains
- Fearing his death, Kamsa arrested Vasudeva and Devaki and chained them with iron shackles. Suspecting each of the children to be Visnu, Kamsa killed them one after another because of the prophecy that Visnu would kill him
- From this statement of Padma Purana it is understood that material contamination is very subtle. Its beginning, its fruition and results, and how one suffers such results in the form of distress, are part of a great chain
- If one is limited by some formulas only, he is described as an animal which is bound up by the chain of the master and cannot move beyond the length of the chain. So we are concerned with persons who are not chained by anything
- If one simply sticks to the religious formulas and formalities but does not become elevated to the position of love of God, he is considered to be a chained animal
- In material existence, a living being creates his own chain of fruitive work and enjoys the good and bad effects of those actions life after life
- In order to receive the real message of Srimad-Bhagavatam one should approach the current link, or spiritual master, in the chain of disciplic succession
- In the Boston area and especially that several bookstore chains have taken so many copies of KRSNA book and TLC So see to it that this program continues there in Boston with increasing volume. That will be a great success for our missionary activities
- In this way there is a chain of sinful activities and their concomitant distresses, and the conditioned soul is suffering life after life due to these sins
- In war either the husband or the brother or even the father or sons go to fight. And when they are killed, a fresh enmity is created, and thus a chain of actions and reactions increases which is not possible to be counteracted
- One may receive a published mantra anywhere, but unless it is accepted through the chain of disciplic succession, the mantra does not act
- Other life forms are also subject to the cycle of birth and death, but when the living entity attains a human life, he gets a chance to get free from the chains of karma
- Simply by knowing the transcendental nature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, one becomes free from the chains of the repetition of birth and death, and after quitting his present body he goes back home, back to Godhead
- Since we belong to this chain of disciplic succession from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, this edition of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta will contain nothing newly manufactured by our tiny brains, but only remnants of food originally eaten by the Lord Himself
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the chain of disciplic succession from Madhva Acarya, but the Vaisnavas in His line do not accept the Tattva-vadis, who also claim to belong to the Madhva-sampradaya
- Such nondevotees are compared to chained animals, for they are not able to go beyond the jurisdiction of the formalities of a certain type of faith. In the Bhagavad-gita they are condemned as veda-vada-rata
- The conclusion is that the mind is the storehouse of various thoughts and experiences undergone during our past lives. Thus there is a chain of continuation from one life to another
- The dog is very proud, barking, "Yow! Yow! Yow!" He does not know that "I am chained." He's such a foolish that as soon as the master, "Come on." So maya is the master: "You rascal, come here"
- The grhamedhis business is to repeatedly chain himself to so-called family life, in one life after another, and perpetually remain in the darkness of maya
- The grhastha's concern is to get out of the family life created by illusion and enter into real family life with Krsna, whereas the grhamedhi s business is to repeatedly chain himself to so-called family life, in one life after another
- The history of the West - beginning from the time of the Greeks and the Romans down to the modern age of atomic war - is a continuous chain of sense gratificatory materialism and the result is that the westerners were never in peace
- The history of the West beginning from the time of the Greeks and the Romans down to the modern age of atomic war, is a continuous chain of sense gratificatory materialism
- The living entity is bound around the neck by the chain of maya because he has forgotten that he is eternally a servant of Krsna
- The only stipulation is that the spiritual master should be bona fide; i.e., the spiritual master must be in the proper chain of disciplic succession, called the parampara system
- The perfect knowledge can descend by the chain of disciplic succession only, and not by any form of experimental knowledge, old or modern
- The sages headed by Saunaka and others assembled at this holy place of Naimisaranya with a program of performing a great and continuous chain of sacrificial ceremonies
- The serious student of the rasa should receive the message of Bhagavatam in the chain of disciplic succession from Srila Sukadeva Gosvami, who describes the Bhagavatam from its very beginning and not whimsically to satisfy the mundaner
- There is a chain of continuation from one life to another, from previous lives to this life, and from this life to future lives. This is also sometimes proved by saying that a man is a born poet, a born scientist or a born devotee
- There is an invisible chain of complete cooperation between the Lord, the demigods and the devotee of the Lord on earth
- There is no bar for chanting this transcendental sound by anyone, provided it is received through Narada's representative, coming down by the chain of disciplic succession, or the parampara system
- This long chain of disciplic succession was broken during the advent period of Lord Krsna (five thousand years ago), and for this reason Krsna restated the Bhagavad-gita to Arjuna, thereby making him the first disciple of this knowledge in this age
- This material consciousness is like a chain around the neck of the conditioned soul. As long as he is bound to that conception, he cannot get out of maya’s clutches
- This papa bija remains dormant within our heart in three stages - dormant, seedling and fructified. This chain of different stages of our papa bija is the cause of repeated birth and death transmigration in different species of life
- Thus the knot in the heart is pierced, and all misgivings are cut to pieces. The chain of fruitive actions is terminated when one sees the self as master.
- We are all actually Krsna's servants. But in conditioned life we are shackled by iron chains in the form of beautiful women
- We are passing through many varieties of life, and this human form of life is a good chance to get out of this chain of changing body one after another
- We have captured the strong chain of disciplic succession. This chain is coming down from the highest platform, Krishna. Just like a rope comes down the well so that anyone who may catch the rope from any position is sure to be delivered
- Within the prison, shackled in iron chains, Vasudeva and Devaki gave birth to a male child year after year, and Kamsa, thinking each of the babies to be the incarnation of Visnu, killed them one after another