Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
straight | straighten | straightened | straighter | straightly
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Straight"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- A rod or pole falls straight; similarly, when one offers obeisances to his superior with all eight parts of the body, he performs what is called dandavat
- After being saved by the Visnudutas, Ajamila, not caring for his wife and children, went straight to Hardwar for further advancement in his spiritual life
- As soon as Lord Visnu was visible, all the demigods - Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, the Gandharvas and all present there - immediately offered their respectful obeisances by falling down straight before Him
- As stated before, the tongue, belly and genitals are all situated in a straight line, and they fall in the same category
- At once the hunchbacked woman became a beautiful straight girl, with broad hips, thin waist and very nice, well-shaped breasts
- If your aim is to engage one in Krsna consciousness, if you do something which is not very straight, that is allowed
- It is recommended in the yoga scripture that one should put the soles of the feet between the two thighs and ankles and sit straight; that posture will help one to concentrate his mind on the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One may observe that these three senses are physically situated in a straight line, as far as the body is concerned, and that the bodily demands begin with the tongue
- One should hold one's body, neck and head erect in a straight line and stare steadily at the tip of the nose. Thus, with an unagitated, subdued mind, devoid of fear, completely free from sex life, one should meditate upon Me (Lord Krsna)
- One should silently murmur the (dvadasaksara) mantra 108 times and offer prayers to the Lord for His glorification. Then one should circumambulate the Lord and finally, with great delight and satisfaction, offer obeisances, falling straight like a rod
- The nicely combed hair on her (Rukmini's) head scattered here and there, and she fell down straight, like a banana tree cut down by a whirlwind
- The process of approaching the Absolute Truth is one straight line, but it is a matter of progress
- The strongest enemy is our tongue, is our tongue. Jihva-vegam. If one can control the urges of the tongue then he will be naturally able to stop the urges of the belly and the urges of the genital, three straight line
- The word used among the Vaisnavas for offering respect is dandavat. This word means "falling down like a stick"; one should offer respect to the superior Vaisnava by falling down straight, with his body just like a stick
- The word śunaḥ means "of a dog," and śepa means "tail." The example is ordinary. However one may try to straighten a dog's tail, it is never straight but always curved
- There are tall trees with straight branches that appear to call the sweet birds, and when herds of elephants pass through the hills, it appears that the Kailasa Hill moves with them. When the waterfalls resound, it appears that Kailasa Hill does also
- There should be no duplicity. Sato vrtteh means plain dealing, straight dealing
- Thus while sitting and chanting the Holy Names one may keep his body straight, and this will help one in the chanting process; otherwise one may feel sleepy
- To practice concentration of the mind, one has to sit with the head and the back in a straight line, and one must practice in a secluded place, sanctified by a sacred atmosphere
- When one's intelligence, mind, faith and refuge are all fixed in the Supreme, then one becomes fully cleansed of misgivings through complete knowledge and thus proceeds straight on the path of liberation
- When Rahu conceals the sun and moon, eclipses occur, either total or partial, depending on whether Rahu moves in a straight or curving way