Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sport | sported | sportful | sporting | sportings | sportingly | sportive | sportively | sports | sportsman | sportsmen
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Sport"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- A perfect ksatriya king is always jubilant as soon as he gets a chance to fight, just as a sportsman is eager when there is a chance for a sporting match
- After arriving at Jagannatha Puri, all the Vaisnavas met with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sported in the water, taking all the devotees with Him
- After thus performing pastimes in the garden for some time, they all went to a lake called Narendra-sarovara and there enjoyed sporting in the water
- Although not an expert chess player, Sri Balaramaji was very enthusiastic in sporting activities. He accepted Rukmi's challenge and sat down to play
- As ordinary men may play in the salty ocean, the inhabitants of the higher planetary systems go to the ocean of milk. They float in the ocean of milk and also enjoy various sports within the caves of Trikuta Mountain
- Ball playing and other such pleasures were not meant for ordinary women and girls; only princesses like Devahuti could indulge in such sports
- Beautiful women protected by the demigods sported in the gardens (of King Indra's city), which had lotus ponds full of swans, cranes, cakravakas and ducks
- Because the svayamvara was an open competition between the rival and valiant princes, such princes were invited by the father of the princess, and usually there were regular fights between the invited princely order in a sporting spirit
- He (Pradyumna) said, "Since my father has left Dvaraka, I do not take much pleasure in practicing fighting, nor am I interested in any kind of sporting pastimes"
- Hunting business was allowed only for the kings, ksatriyas, not for ordinary man. Killing in sports. Because the king had to administer so strongly that sometimes he had to kill an evil person immediately with sword. The kingdom was very strong
- In a valley of Trikuta Mountain there was a garden called Rtumat. This garden belonged to the great devotee Varuna and was a sporting place for the damsels of the demigods. Flowers and fruits grew there in all seasons
- In some cannibalistic communities, the old grandfather is sportingly killed, and a feast is held in which his body is eaten
- In the tender age of childhood, when everyone is bewildered, one passes ten years. Similarly, in boyhood, engaged in sporting and playing, one passes another ten years. In this way, twenty years are wasted
- In this age, men are victims not only of different political creeds & parties, but also of many different types of sense-gratificatory diversions, such as cinemas, sports, gambling, clubs, mundane libraries, bad association, smoking, drinking, cheating
- Indeed, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya engaged in water sports with Sri Ramananda Raya, and they both lost their gravity and became like children
- Instead of joining in their sportive acrobatic feats, he remained as an inactive child because he was always in trance, meditating on Krsna
- It is the habit of the elephant that whenever he sees some small plants and trees, out of his sportive and frivolous nature he uproots the trees and throws them hither and thither
- It was family war. So the friends divided, "I will join you." It was sporting. For the ksatriya fighting is sporting. They have football match. They did not take it as enmities. Just in the evening they are friends
- She had gone to bring water from the Ganges, but when she saw Citraratha, the King of the Gandharvas, sporting with the celestial girls, she was somewhat inclined toward him and failed to remember that the time for the fire sacrifice was passing
- Sometimes the demoniac arrange for so-called sports, like tennis, with the opposite sex. The purpose of such sporting is to see the bodily construction of the beautiful girl and enjoy a subtle sex mentality
- Sporting attitude
- Sporting mood
- Svarupa Damodara and Vidyanidhi also threw water upon each other, and Murari Gupta and Vasudeva Datta also sported in that way
- The Battle of Kuruksetra was fought on military principles but at the same time in a sporting spirit, like a friend's fight with another friend
- The boys were fully decorated with various kinds of golden ornaments, yet out of sporting propensities they began to pick up flowers, leaves, twigs, peacock feathers and red clay from different places in the forest and further decorate themselves
- The demigods, although afraid of the demons, were confident of the protection of Krsna. Therefore, even in the midst of danger they were engaged in sportive activities
- The first sporting took place between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, who threw water upon each other. Advaita Acarya was defeated, and He later began to rebuke Nityananda Prabhu, calling Him ill names
- The fourth restriction is that you cannot take part in gambling or some unnecessary sporting because you have to utilize your time
- The great sage Narada told Dhruva: My dear boy, you are only a little boy whose attachment is to sports and other frivolities. Why are you so affected by words insulting your honor?
- The inhabitants of the higher planets - the Siddhas, Caranas, Gandharvas, Vidyadharas, serpents, Kinnaras and Apsaras - go to that mountain to sport. Thus all the caves of the mountain are full of these denizens of the heavenly planets
- The inner member shall not indulge in unnecessary indoor or outdoor games, sporting or gambling habit
- The snakes in Mahatala are always disturbed by fear of Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, but although they are full of anxiety, some of them nevertheless sport with their wives, children, friends and relatives
- The sporting pastimes in the water began, and everyone started splashing water back and forth. In the tumultuous showers of water, no one could be certain which party was winning and which was losing. This sporting water fight increased unlimitedly
- The young queens of Krsna were always dressed with excellent ornaments and garments and were always engaged in sportive activities like dancing, singing or playing ball on the roofs of the palaces
- Their love for Krsna was so intense that in their regular activities - in sitting, sleeping, traveling, talking, sporting, cleansing, bathing - they were simply absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and paid no attention to bodily necessities
- There is always someone who wants to go to a prostitute for illicit sex, to a hotel to eat meat and drink wine, or to a gambling club to enjoy so-called sports. All these propensities are already within the hearts of the living entities
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to train and engage rams and cocks in fighting for sport. They then learned how to teach parrots to speak and to answer the questions of human beings
- They (Pandavas and Kauravas) were generous because in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra they would fight like anything, but at night they were friends. The one man is going. Just like sportsman. They fight during the play, but after that, they are friends
- This sportive playing went on amongst the boys as childhood pastimes
- We have got many sporting club, dancing club, because we want to do that. But we want to do in this material world. That is our defect
- When no more trees were available, Dvivida took help from the hills and threw large pieces of stone, like rainfall, upon the body of Balarama. Lord Balarama, in a great sporting mood, began to smash those big pieces of stone into mere pebbles