Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
VedaBase query: "spen* time"@10
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Spend Time"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- I have already written to Jivananda and Harsarani, and they are inclined to go to New Vrindaban but I have advised them to go to Hawaii after spending a short period in San Francisco training up the devotees there in Deity worship and Sankirtana Party
- I think Bhurijana was doing nicely preaching to the Chinese boys but he has written that he is uninspired and feeling incapable and wants to spend more time with his wife. This sudden turn of events is a surprise to me
- I understand you are recuperating from an operation. So spend this extra time reading all our books, chanting as many rounds as possible, and if you can go on doing my tapes
- In these ways (by driving cars, spending time in nightclubs or tasting abominable food in restaurants), the plundering senses take away all the assets that the conditioned soul has acquired with great difficulty
- Materialists foolishly make many plans to become happy in this material world. They do not stop to consider that they will live only for a certain number of years, out of which they must spend the major portion acquiring money for sense gratification
- My dear King, while he thus spent his time in abominable, sinful activities to maintain his family of many sons, eighty-eight years of his life passed by
- Sometimes they write transcendental literatures about devotional service, and sometimes they hear about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and spend their time thinking about the Lord
- Spend your time always studying my books, chanting and preaching to the people of Vrindaban, with real understanding of this science of Krishna
- Sry-aisvarya-prajepsavah. Sri, beauty, beautiful women. Sri, aisvarya, wealth, and praja. Praja means many children. They are spending their whole time earning money, amass money, huge bank balance
- The brahmana therefore said, "No one should offer respects or worship to a king whose only business is envy. Such a king spends his time either hunting and killing animals in the forest or killing citizens for criminal acts"
- The brahmanas were given all the necessities of life by the ksatriyas and vaisyas because they had no time to spend making a living. The ksatriyas would collect taxes from the vaisyas and sudras, but the brahmanas were exempt from paying income tax
- The pure devotee is not at all attached to improving his social status or improving the status of education of his children. He is not neglectful - he is dutiful - but he does not spend too much time on the upliftment of temporary household or social life
- There are example of Krsna Conscious persons whose worship was solitary life, and the greatest example is Haridasa Thakura. Haridasa Thakura used to live only in a cave sometimes and would spend his whole time chanting the Hare Krishna Mantra
- These Christian and Buddhist scriptures were delivered for a different class of men, and we needn't spend our time in studying their doctrines