Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
south | southeast | southeastern | southern | southernmost | southward | southwest | southwestern
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "South"
The following 78 pages are in this category, out of 78 total.
- A gopi told mother Yasoda, "The breeze blowing from the south creates a pleasing atmosphere because it is fragrant and very cool"
- According to Jyotir Veda, the science of astronomy in the Vedic literature, the sun moves for six months on the northern side of the Sumeru Hill and for six months on the southern side
- Agni is in charge of the southeastern portion of the universe; Yama, the demigod who punishes sinners, is in charge of the southern portion and Nirrti is in charge of the southwestern part of the universe
- All the hellish planets are situated in the intermediate space between the three worlds and the Garbhodaka Ocean. They lie on the southern side of the universe, beneath Bhu-mandala, and slightly above the water of the Garbhodaka Ocean
- All the Lord's devotees then said, "You have incarnated to deliver fallen souls. You have delivered them in the east and in the south, and now you are delivering them in the west"
- Along with these seven stars, all the others stars also orbit from east to west. The upper portion of the universe is called the north, and the lower portion is called the south
- As in the ocean there are always different waves, either on the eastern side, the western side, the northern side or the southern side, so similarly Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu has different waves
- At the time of Krsna’s birth, the planetary systems were automatically adjusted so that everything became auspicious. At that time, in all directions - east, west, south, north, everywhere - there was an atmosphere of peace and prosperity
- Formerly Kolapura was a native state, and it is bordered on the north by the district of Santara, on the east and south by the district of Belagama, and on the west by the district of Ratnagiri
- From the southern side of the sacrificial fire known as Anvaharya came a fearful personality who looked like the destroyer of the entire creation at the end of the millennium
- From there (Kanyakumari), Balarama went on to visit the pilgrimage city known as Phalguna-tirtha, which is on the shore of the Indian Ocean, or the Southern Ocean
- I very much approve of your traveling widely throughout South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand zone, now you give all of the temple presidents your expert instructions and train them
- I was insisting, South Pacific organization
- If you have got opportunity to travel and hold kirtana with your music group over the South Pacific, why not take advantage?
- In perfect self-control, Maharaja Pariksit sat down on a seat of straw, with straw-roots facing the east, placed on the southern bank of the Ganges, and he himself faced the north. Just previously he had given charge of his kingdom over to his son
- In the center of Jambudvipa is Ilavrta-varsa, and south of Ilavrta-varsa is Hari-varsa. The description of these varsas is given in the Mahabharata (Sabha-parva 28.7-8)
- In the chariot of the sun-god, the sun travels on the top of the mountain in an orbit called the Samvatsara, encircling Mount Meru. The sun's path on the northern side is called Uttarayana, and its path on the southern side is called Daksinayana
- In the daksina-vibhaga (southern division) there is a general description of the mellow (relationship) called bhakti-rasa, which is derived from devotional service
- In the North and South Poles of this planet there are sometimes no divisions of day and night; similarly, when the sunlight does not approach the different planets within the universe, there is no distinction between day and night
- In this way the Lord went to the extreme southern part of India, and He converted all the provinces to Vaisnavism
- King Yayati gave the southeast to his son Druhyu, the south to his son Yadu, the west to his son Turvasu, and the north to his son Anu. In this way he divided the kingdom
- King Yudhisthira, being thus assured by the indication of Lord Krsna, ordered his youngest brother, Sahadeva, accompanied by soldiers of the Srnjaya tribe, to conquer the southern countries
- Madhudvisa is GBC man for South Pacific zone, so his direction must be followed by everyone and all of the devotees there should address their problems to him for his consideration
- Maharaja Pariksit conquered all the world. He conquered all the continents adjoining all the seas and oceans in all directions, namely the eastern, western, northern and southern parts of the world
- O King (Yudhisthira), your uncle Dhrtarastra, his brother Vidura and his wife Gandhari have gone to the southern side of the Himalaya Mountains, where there are shelters of the great sages
- On the southern side of Sumeru are two mountains named Kailasa and Karavira
- On the southern side of the kitchen were two rooms for offering food, and in one of them the food was offered to Salagrama Narayana
- On the southern side of the land known as Ilavrta-varsa are the mountains known as Himavan, Hemakuta and Nisadha
- On the southern side of the ocean of salt water is the ocean of milk, where Lord Ksirodakasayi Visnu resides. He is worshiped there by demigods like Brahma
- On the southern side of the Vedas, there are fruitive activities, by which one is subject to the punishment of Yamaraja. When one follows the system of fruitive activity, his material desires remain prominent
- On the southern side, behind and above the twenty-two steps, is a Deity of Lord Nrsimhadeva. It is on the left as one goes up the steps toward the temple
- Once, while wandering in this way, he (King Puranjana) saw on the southern side of the Himalayas, in a place named Bharata-varsa (India), a city that had nine gates all about and was characterized by all auspicious facilities
- One should perform the sraddha ceremony on the Makara-sankranti (the day when the sun begins to move north) or on the Karkata-sankranti (the day when the sun begins to move south)
- Originally in Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, the ocean is divided like the watery ocean into east, west, north and south, while the sub-sections within these different divisions are called waves
- Saint Tukarama, after initiation by the Lord (Caitanya), overflooded the whole of the Maharastra Province with the sankirtana movement, and the transcendental flow is still rolling on in the southwestern part of the great Indian peninsula
- Sanatana replied, "There is no danger. The Nawab has gone to the south. If he returns, tell him that Sanatana went to pass stool near the bank of the Ganges and that as soon as he saw the Ganges, he jumped in"
- South of Ilavrta-varsa and extending from east to west are three great mountains named (from north to south) Nisadha, Hemakuta and Himalaya. Each of them is 10,000 yojanas (80,000 miles) high
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to southern Mathura (Madurai) and delivered the original manuscript of the Kurma Purana to Ramadasa Vipra
- Surrounding these planetary systems (the three primary planetary systems - Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah) are the eight directions, namely east, west, north, south, northeast, southeast, northwest and southwest
- That Brahman is in front and in back, in the north, south, east and west, and also overhead and below. In other words, that supreme Brahman effulgence spreads throughout both the material and spiritual skies
- The aggregate of two fortnights is one month, and that period is one complete day and night for the Pita planets. Two of such months comprise one season, and six months comprise one complete movement of the sun from south to north
- The Alakananda branch (of the Ganges) flows through Brahmalaya, crosses over many mountains, including Hemakuta and Himakuta, and then reaches Bharata-varsa, where it flows into the southern side of the ocean of salt water
- The astrologer said, 'The treasure is in this place, but if you dig toward the southern side, the wasps and drones will rise, and you will not get your treasure'
- The astrologer said, The treasure is in this place, but if you dig toward the southern side, the wasps and drones will rise, and you will not get your treasure
- The branch of the Ganges known as Alakananda flows from the southern side of Brahmapuri
- The first day when the sun begins to move north and enter the zodiacal sign of Capricorn is called Makara-sankranti, and the first day when the sun begins to move south and enter the sign of Cancer is called Karkata-sankranti
- The first day when the sun begins to move south and enter the sign of Cancer is called Karkata-sankranti
- The Lord (Caitanya) went to the southernmost tip of the Indian peninsula, known as Setubandha (Cape Comorin). Everywhere He distributed the bhakti cult and love of Krsna, and in this way He delivered everyone
- The mystic who passes away from this world during the smoke, the night, the fortnight of the waning moon, or the six months when the sun passes to the south reaches the moon planet but again comes back
- The Orissa kingdom was very powerful, and Kotadesa was the capital of Orissa. It was then known as Vidyanagara. Formerly this city was situated on the southern side of the river Godavari
- The place (on the southern side of the Himalaya Mountains) is called Saptasrota ("divided by seven") because there the waters of the sacred Ganges were divided into seven branches. This was done for the satisfaction of the seven great rsis
- The place where Sri Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami formerly lived has now become a place of pilgrimage. It is generally known as Gupta Vrndavana, or hidden Vrndavana, and is situated about eight miles south of English Bazaar
- The right ear, or the ear on the southern side, is called Pitrhu, which indicates that it is used for attaining the higher planetary systems known as Pitrloka
- The sun orbits around Mount Sumeru, for six months on the northern side and for six months on the southern. This adds up to the duration of a day and night of the demigods in the upper planetary systems
- The tract of land south of the Himalaya Mountains is the land of India, which was known as Bharata-varsa. When a living entity takes birth in Bharata-varsa he is considered to be most fortunate
- The two great sons of Svayambhuva Manu - Priyavrata and Uttanapada - ruled this earth, which is divided into seven islands. These seven islands are still current, as Asia, Europe, Africa, America, Australia and the North and South Poles
- There (in Southern Mathura) is a temple to Devi called the Minaksi-devi temple, which displays very great architectural craftsmanship. It was built under the supervision of the kings of the Pandya Dynasty
- There (in the daksina-vibhaga (southern division), of the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu) are also descriptions of the stages known as vibhava, anubhava, sattvika, vyabhicari and sthayi-bhava, all on this high platform of devotional service
- These two mountains, which are 2,000 yojanas (16,000 miles) high, extend as far as Nila Mountain in the north and Nisadha in the south. They indicate the borders of Ilavrta-varsa and also the varsas known as Ketumala and Bhadrasva
- Thinking that because the brahmanas have no material desires they should possess the entire world, Lord Ramacandra delivered the land between the east, west, north and south to the acarya
- This King, being uniquely powerful and heroic, will have no competitor. He will travel around the globe on his victorious chariot, holding his invincible bow in his hand and appearing exactly like the sun, which rotates in its own orbit from the south
- This monastery (Srngeri-matha) is located at the confluence of the rivers Tunga and Bhadra, seven miles south of Harihara-pura. The real name of this place is Srnga-giri or Srngavera-puri, and it is the headquarters of Sankaracarya
- This river falls a distance of 10,000 yojanas, from the summit of Merumandara to the southern side of Ilavrta, and floods the entire land of Ilavrta with juice
- We have just received advance copies of the Bhagavad-gita Chinese translation, the first 6 chapters. Might this be of some value to your preaching work in South Korea?
- We have practical experience on this planet that when there is summer in the north there is winter in the south and vice versa
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrived at southern Mathura from Kamakosthi, He met a brahmana
- When the sun enters Karkata-rasi (Cancer) and then travels to Simha-rasi (Leo) and so on through Dhanuh-rasi (Sagittarius), its course is called Daksinayana, the southern way
- While Jarasandha was attempting his eighteenth attack, a Yavana king somewhere to the south of Mathura became attracted by the opulence of the Yadu dynasty and also attacked the city