Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and the Siva-jvara (2 P)
Pages in category "Siva-jvara"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- After hearing the Siva-jvara, Lord Krsna replied, "O three-headed one, I am pleased with your statement. Be assured that there will be no more suffering for you from the Narayana-jvara"
- After hearing the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Siva-jvara offered respectful obeisances unto His lotus feet and left
- As there is a Siva-jvara weapon, there is also a Narayana-jvara weapon, which is represented by excessive cold
- Lord Krsna replied to Siva-jvara, "Not only are you now free from fear of the Narayana-jvara, but anyone in the future who simply recollects this fight between you and the Narayana-jvara will also be freed from all kinds of fear"
- Lord Siva then took to his last resort. He released his greatest death weapon, known as Siva-jvara, which destroys by excessive temperature
- Lord Sri Krsna is the original Narayana and the controller of the Narayana-jvara weapon. When the Narayana-jvara was released, there was a great fight between the two jvaras
- Siva, the greatest of the demigods, could not help him, what to speak of the lesser demigods, & therefore the Siva-jvara ultimately surrendered unto Krsna, bowing before Him and offering a prayer so that the Lord might be pleased and give him protection
- Siva-jvara began to pray, "My dear Lord, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You (Krsna) because You have unlimited potencies. No one can surpass Your potencies, and thus You are the Lord of everyone"
- Siva-jvara said, "A material machine may be gigantic and wonderful, but without the touch of someone conscious and in knowledge, the material machine is useless for all purposes"
- Siva-jvara said, "A material thing may be very powerful, but without the touch of consciousness it cannot act"
- Siva-jvara said, "Actually neither Brahma nor Lord Siva is the original cause of this cosmic manifestation"
- Siva-jvara said, "All such incarnations descend in fulfillment of Your (Krsna's) promise in the Bhagavad-gita that You appear as soon as there are discrepancies in the system of progressive life"
- Siva-jvara said, "Generally people consider Lord Siva the most powerful personality in the material world, but Lord Siva is not all-powerful; You (Krsna) are all-powerful. This is factual"
- Siva-jvara said, "Lord Brahma may be very powerful because he can create the entire universe"
- Siva-jvara said, "Lord Siva may be a powerful demigod because of his specific power to annihilate the whole creation"
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I beg to submit that I have been very greatly chastised by the release of Your Narayana-jvara, which is certainly very cooling yet at the same time severely dangerous and unbearable for all of us"
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord, as long as one is forgetful of Krsna consciousness, driven by the spell of material desires and ignorant of the ultimate shelter at Your lotus feet"
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord, Your appearance as the son of Vasudeva in Your role as a human being is one of the pastimes of Your complete freedom"
- Siva-jvara said, "One who has accepted this material body becomes disturbed by the three miserable conditions of material nature. Because one does not surrender unto You (Krsna), he continues to suffer perpetually"
- Siva-jvara said, "This is not the first time You (Krsna) have incarnated; it is to be understood that You have done so many, many times before"
- Siva-jvara said, "To benefit Your devotees and vanquish the nondevotees, You appear in multi-incarnations"
- Siva-jvara said, "When there are disturbances by irregular principles, my dear Lord, You appear by Your internal potency"
- Siva-jvara said, "You (Krsna) are the Absolute Truth, the Supreme Brahman, & You are the original cause. The original cause of the cosmic manifestation is not the impersonal Brahman effulgence. That impersonal Brahman effulgence rests on Your personality"
- The Siva-jvara continued: "Therefore, my Lord, Your (Krsna's) body is completely peaceful, completely blissful and devoid of material contamination. In the material body there are actions and reactions of the three modes of material nature"
- The Siva-jvara thus understood that without Krsna, or Narayana, no one could help him. He therefore rightly took shelter of Lord Krsna and, with folded hands, began to pray as follows
- To counteract the scorching heat of the Siva-jvara, there is no other weapon but the Narayana-jvara. Therefore, when Lord Krsna saw that the Siva-jvara had been released by Lord Siva, He had no recourse other than to release the Narayana-jvara
- When excessive heat is counteracted by extreme cold, it is natural for the hot temperature to gradually reduce, and this is what occurred in the fight between the Siva-jvara and the Narayana-jvara
- When the Siva-jvara personified was released, he had three heads and three legs, and as he came toward Krsna it appeared that he was burning everything to ashes. He was so powerful that he made blazing fire appear in all directions
- You (Krsna) are the last word in freedom from material contamination. I (Siva-jvara) therefore take shelter at Your lotus feet, giving up all other shelter
- You (Krsna) however, are the cause of this external energy, and thus You remain unaffected by the action and reaction of the different elements. And because You are transcendental to such compulsions of material energy, You are the supreme tranquillity
- You are the original consciousness, or knowledge. Without knowledge, or consciousness, nothing can be powerful
- Your unlimitedly potent activities are experienced by the most enlightened devotees, but those who are bewildered by the spell of Your (Krsna's) external energy identify themselves with this material world & become attached to society, friendship & love