Category:Krsna and the Siva-jvara
Pages in category "Krsna and the Siva-jvara"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Siva, the greatest of the demigods, could not help him, what to speak of the lesser demigods, & therefore the Siva-jvara ultimately surrendered unto Krsna, bowing before Him and offering a prayer so that the Lord might be pleased and give him protection
- Siva-jvara began to pray, "My dear Lord, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You (Krsna) because You have unlimited potencies. No one can surpass Your potencies, and thus You are the Lord of everyone"
- Siva-jvara said, "All such incarnations descend in fulfillment of Your (Krsna's) promise in the Bhagavad-gita that You appear as soon as there are discrepancies in the system of progressive life"
- Siva-jvara said, "Considering Your (Krsna's) mission of maintaining such (maintain the demigods and spiritually inclined persons) law and order, Your violence toward the miscreants and demons is quite befitting"
- Siva-jvara said, "Generally people consider Lord Siva the most powerful personality in the material world, but Lord Siva is not all-powerful; You (Krsna) are all-powerful. This is factual"
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I beg to submit that I have been very greatly chastised by the release of Your Narayana-jvara, which is certainly very cooling yet at the same time severely dangerous and unbearable for all of us"
- Siva-jvara said, "This is not the first time You (Krsna) have incarnated; it is to be understood that You have done so many, many times before"
- Siva-jvara said, "You (Krsna) are the Absolute Truth, the Supreme Brahman, & You are the original cause. The original cause of the cosmic manifestation is not the impersonal Brahman effulgence. That impersonal Brahman effulgence rests on Your personality"
- Siva-jvara said, "Your (Krsna's) main business is to protect and maintain the demigods and spiritually inclined persons and to maintain the standard of material law and order"
- The Siva-jvara thus understood that without Krsna, or Narayana, no one could help him. He therefore rightly took shelter of Lord Krsna and, with folded hands, began to pray as follows
- To counteract the scorching heat of the Siva-jvara, there is no other weapon but the Narayana-jvara. Therefore, when Lord Krsna saw that the Siva-jvara had been released by Lord Siva, He had no recourse other than to release the Narayana-jvara