Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sharp | sharpen | sharpened | sharpening | sharpens | sharper | sharply | sharpness
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Sharpness (3 P)
Pages in category "Sharp"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.
- A man is called intelligent if he has a sharp memory and fine discretion
- A woman's face is as attractive and beautiful as a blossoming lotus flower during autumn. Her words are very sweet, and they give pleasure to the ear, but if we study a woman's heart, we can understand it to be extremely sharp, like the blade of a razor
- After the construction of the bridge, a fire was set all over the kingdom of Ravana. During the fighting with Ravana, every part of his limbs was slashed to pieces by Your (Ramacandra) sharp arrows, and his heads fell to the face of the earth
- All of these demigods and demons assembled on the battlefield with a fighting spirit and attacked one another with great strength. All of them desiring victory, they fought in pairs, hitting one another severely with sharpened arrows, swords and lances
- As far as Krsna's memory is concerned, it is said that when He was studying in the school of Sandipani Muni in Avantipur, He showed such a sharp memory that by once taking instructions from the teacher He immediately became perfect in any subject
- As soon as Kamsa got this information from Narada Muni, he took out his sharp sword and prepared to kill Vasudeva for his duplicity. But Narada pacified him. "You are not to be killed by Vasudeva," he said. "Why are you so anxious to kill him?"
- Before Bali Maharaja's arrows could reach him, Indra, King of heaven, who is expert in dealing with arrows, smiled and counteracted the arrows with arrows of another type, known as bhalla, which were extremely sharp
- Brahmacari life or celibacy is better, because if the semina is saved it fertilizes the brain for sharpening the memory, and if there is good memory, our Krishna Consciousness becomes perfect
- By serving the spiritual master, you keep your weapon always sharpened. And then take help from Krsna, the words of spiritual master sharpen weapon and the spiritual master is happy, then Krsna immediately will help. He gives you strength
- Each of Pradyumna's arrows had a golden feather at the end, and the shaft was fitted with a sharp iron head. By releasing twenty-five such arrows, Pradyumna severely injured Salva's commander in chief
- Eternal time moves very sharply, as if made of razors and thunderbolts. Uninterrupted and fully independent, it drives the activities of the entire world
- Everyone thinks that Krsna is a great fighter & that no one can conquer You. So now You'll have to prove Your strength. I think that if You stand before me any longer, with my sharp arrows I shall send You to a place wherefrom You will never return"
- Formerly there was no need to record the messages of the Vedas, because people in earlier ages were more intelligent and had sharper memories. They could follow the instructions simply by hearing once from the mouth of a bona fide spiritual master
- Formerly, there was no need of books. Nowadays, at the present moment, our memory is not so sharp due to Kali-yuga. Therefore Vyasadeva wrote in books, in words, because he foresaw that The people in this age, they will be dull-headed rascals
- From that mountain (generated from illusion by Bali Maharaja) fell trees blazing in a forest fire. Chips of stone, with sharp edges like picks, also fell and smashed the heads of the demigod soldiers
- He (Bakasura) appeared on the scene suddenly and immediately attacked Krsna with his pointed, sharp beak and quickly swallowed Him up. When Krsna was thus swallowed, all the boys, headed by Balarama, became almost breathless, as if they had died
- He (Ravana) mounted his airplane, which was decorated with flowers, and proceeded toward Lord Ramacandra, who sat on the effulgent chariot brought by Matali, the chariot driver of Indra. Then Ravana struck Lord Ramacandra with sharp arrows
- He (Uddhava) was a great friend of Krsna's, and being the direct student of Brhaspati, the teacher and priest of the heavenly planets, he was very intelligent and sharp in decision
- Hurled by the mighty demon (Hiranyaksa) with all his strength, the flying trident shone brightly in the sky. The Personality of Godhead (Varahadeva), however, tore it to pieces with His discus Sudarsana, which had a sharp-edged rim
- I (Narada Muni) then passed alone through many forests of rushes, bamboo, reeds, sharp grass, weeds and caves, which were very difficult to go through alone
- In this age we are decreasing our memory. Formerly, when this Bhagavad-gita was written by Vyasadeva, before that, people were so sharp in their memory that there was no need of publication of books
- Kaliya tried to fight Garuda and faced him with his many hoods and poisonous sharp teeth
- Krsna cut Banasura's arms with His Sudarsana disc just as a gardener trims the twigs of a tree with sharp cutters
- Krsna was so dexterous that before Bhaumasura could throw his trident, his head was cut off by the sharp Sudarsana cakra. His head, illuminated by earrings and a helmet, fell down on the battlefield
- Ksurasya dhara. Ksura means sharpened razor. If you are careful, you cleanse very nicely. If you are not careful, immediately blood. Immediately. So the spiritual life is like that. As soon as you become little inattentive, immediately maya captures
- O beautiful-faced one, who is this creative person standing before us? With the sharp chisels of His loving glances, He is splitting the hard stones of many women's devotion to their husbands
- O king of sharp-edged swords, you are engaged by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Please cut the soldiers of my enemies to pieces. Please cut them to pieces!
- On the battlefield Lord Sri Krsna charged me (Bhisma), as if angry because of the wounds dealt by my sharp arrows. His shield was scattered, and His body was smeared with blood due to the wounds
- One shaves his cheeks with a sharp razor very nicely, but as soon as his attention is diverted from the activity, he immediately cuts his cheek because he mishandles the razor
- Satya said, "My father arranged for an assembly for my svayamvara, and to test the strength and heroism of the prospective bridegrooms, he stipulated that they each fight with his seven ferocious bulls, which had long, sharp horns"
- Set into motion by the Supreme Personality of Godhead and wandering in all the four directions, the disc of the Supreme Lord has sharp edges as destructive as the fire of devastation at the end of the millennium
- Simply getting the weapon of jnana is insufficient. One must sharpen the weapon by serving the spiritual master and adhering to his instructions
- The administrators should not simply pass resolutions for anticorruptional steps, but they must be ready with sharp swords to kill the persons creating corruptions from the angle of vision of the recognized sastras
- The apparent wounds caused by the sharpened arrows are misleading to the common man, but one who has a little absolute knowledge can understand the transcendental exchange (between Bhismadeva and Krsna) in the chivalrous relation
- The bhakti-yoga system never urges one towards the impersonal Brahman effulgence or to the point of Paramatma realization. This banah, or arrow, is so sharp and swift that it goes directly to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Darwin's theory: "Now the brain has evolved." No. Actually, they are degrading. They are degrading. Formerly the brain was very sharp
- The giant fiery demon appeared still more fierce due to the movements of his eyebrows. He exhibited long, sharp teeth and, sticking out his long tongue, licked his upper and lower lips. He was naked, and he carried a big trident, blazing like fire
- The Lord was fighting on the back of Garuda, who was helping Him by striking the horses and elephants with his wings and scratching their heads with his nails and sharp beak
- The path of spiritual life is stated in the Vedas to be like the edge of a sharpened razor
- The path of spiritual life is stated in the Vedas to be like the edge of a sharpened razor. A little inattentiveness may at once create havoc and bloodshed
- The rain seemed to fall like piercing sharp arrows. By pouring water as thick as pillars, without cessation, the clouds gradually filled all the lands in Vrndavana with water, and there was no visible distinction between higher and lower land
- The sharp arrows released from the bow of Dhruva Maharaja pierced the shields and bodies of the enemy, like the thunderbolts released by the King of heaven, which dismantle the bodies of the mountains
- The soldiers, their upper and lower garments waving in the breeze, naturally looked very beautiful, and in the light of the glittering sunshine their shields, ornaments and sharp, clean weapons appeared dazzling
- The spirit soul can never be struck by the sharp sword, nor can he be burnt by fire. He can never be affected by water or air, and thus, the spirit soul is eternally indestructible, nonflammable, nonevaporable, and noncorrodable
- The Western countries, their brain is not so sharp to clearly understand the difference between visistadvaita, suddhadvaita advaita-dvaita, dvaitadvaita or advaita. (laughs) Their brain does not allow to think very deeply
- The wounds created on the body of the Lord by the sharpened arrows of Bhismadeva were as pleasing to the Lord as the biting of a fiancee who bites the body of the Lord directed by a strong sense of sex desire
- There are many instances in which someone acting in Krsna consciousness suddenly changes. In the Upanisads it is stated, therefore, that the path of spiritual realization is just like the sharp edge of a razor
- They (Krsna's wives) exhibited their feminine characteristics by smiling & moving their eyebrows, thus shooting sharp arrows of conjugal love just to awaken Krsna's lusty desires for them
- They (the sages) never discharge their semen, either knowingly or unknowingly. By such celibacy they are able to raise the semen to the brain. Thus they become most intelligent and develop very sharp memories
- Thus the Lord is equipped with sharp weapons in the form of His parts and plenary portions. All these weapons are competent enough to crush the faithless atheists
- Time is compared to a sharp razor. A razor is meant to shave the hair from one's face, but if not carefully handled, the razor will cause disaster. One is advised not to create a disaster by misusing his lifetime
- When Krsna is more grown-up, in the middle age of pauganda, His nails become finely sharp, and His chubby cheeks become lustrous and round. On the two sides of His waist above His belt there are three distinct lines of folded skin, called tribali
- When Lord Krsna saw the weapons of Banasura coming at Him, like water coming out of a strainer, He took His sharp-edged Sudarsana disc and began to cut off the demon's one thousand arms, one after another
- When Lord Krsna understood that Viduratha was looking for the opportunity to strike Him with his sword, He employed His Sudarsana cakra, His razor-sharp disc, and without delay cut off Viduratha's head, with its helmet and earrings
- When one's consciousness and intelligence are without any brilliant thoughts about Krsna, they become morose and lusterless, so much so that one cannot derive any benefit despite sharp intelligence
- When Sambarasura was defeated in every respect, Pradyumna took his sharp sword and immediately cut off the demon's head, which was decorated with a helmet and valuable jewels
- When Sisupala was abusing the kings who were about to attack him, Lord Krsna took up His disc, as sharp as the blade of a razor, and immediately separated Sisupala's head from his body
- When the Lord rolled on the ground, sharp thorns injured His body. Taking Him on his lap, Balabhadra Bhattacarya pacified Him
- Woman are considered less intelligent. In the Bhagavad-gita... Their heart is very soft. Just like children, their heart is very soft. But their intelligence is not very sharp. That is the difference. Striyah sudras tatha vaisyah