Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
share | sharing | shared | shares
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Share"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- A wife is so helpful that she is called the better half of a man's body because of her sharing in all auspicious activities. A man can move without anxiety entrusting all responsibilities to his wife
- All of these demons had been deprived of their share of the nectar and had shared merely in the labor of churning the ocean. Now, they fought against the demigods, and to encourage their armies, they made a tumultuous sound like the roaring of lions
- Americans do not wish to share their prosperity with any foreigner who has not qualified himself as a citizen of America. Similarly, the same mentality is prevailing in every other planet where there are more intelligent living beings residing
- Are you in a sorry plight because the demigods are now bereft of their share of sacrificial offerings because no sacrifices are being performed at present? Or are you grieving for living beings because of their sufferings due to famine and drought?
- At first all the followers of Advaita Acarya shared a single opinion. But later they followed two different opinions, as ordained by providence
- Because Rantideva perceived the presence of the Supreme Godhead everywhere, and in every living entity, he received the guest with faith and respect and gave him a share of the food. The brahmana guest ate his share and then went away
- Being worshiped by sacrifices offered with great gifts by those who strictly followed the principles of varna and asrama, Hiranyakasipu, instead of offering shares of the oblations to the demigods, accepted them himself
- Dear King, we do not find any reason that the demigods should feel insulted or neglected in any way, but still the demigods who are witnesses for the sacrifice do not accept their shares. We do not know why this is so
- Demons are by nature crooked like snakes. Therefore, to distribute a share of the nectar to them was not at all feasible, since this would be as dangerous as supplying milk to a snake
- Demons said, "All the demigods have taken part in churning the ocean of milk. As everyone has an equal right to partake in any public sacrifice, according to the eternal religious system it is befitting that the demigods now have a share of the nectar"
- During the four months of the rainy season, the remaining devotees extended invitations to the Lord for one day each. In this way they shared invitations
- Having divided the remaining food with his relatives, Rantideva was just about to eat his own share when a sudra guest arrived. Seeing the sudra in relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, King Rantideva gave him also a share of the food
- He established the sacrificial fire on an excellent site, and he distributed great wealth to the brahmanas. Indeed, he distributed so many cows that each of thousands of brahmanas had one badva (13,084) as his share
- He said, "Your father's elder brother is less intelligent. He enjoys 800,000 coins, but since I am also a shareholder, he should give some portion of it to me
- I am very pleased that you are serving your husband nicely and helping him so that he may advance his Krishna Consciousness. When the husband advances, automatically the wife shares in his success so there is all around benefit
- I request all the pure-hearted demigods, forefathers and saintly persons to support my proposal, for after death the result of an action is equally shared by its doer, its director and its supporter
- If a king neglects to give such instructions (how to observe the divisions of varna and ashram) and is simply satisfied with levying taxes, then those who share in the collection are liable to share in the impious activities of the general masses
- If the husband is progressive in spiritual advancement, the wife undoubtedly shares in his activities, and thus both the wife and the husband profit in spiritual perfection
- If we take food from the houses of others, such as karmés, we shall have to share the qualities of those from whom we take alms
- If you take foodstuff from impious men, then that means you are taking share of his impious activities
- In the next life the king will be able to share one sixth of the pious activities of the citizens. Otherwise, by levying taxes on the sinful citizens, he will have to share the reactions of their sinful activities
- In the spiritual world satisfaction of the senses is equally shared by the transcendental reciprocators. Since the activities are unlimited and constantly increasing, there is no scope for material attempts or artificial arrangements
- Indra said, "Actually, our shares in the sacrificial performances are due to You only, because You are the supreme enjoyer of all sacrifices"
- Indra said, "I thought that in the name of a Govardhana sacrifice You (Krsna) were taking my share of profit, and therefore I mistook Your position"
- Indra, the King of heaven, says, "O Supreme One, these demons talk of our share of participation in the performances of ritualistic sacrifices, but simply by Your appearance as Lord Nrsimhadeva You have saved us from terrible fears"
- King Anga addressed the priestly order: My dear priests, kindly tell me what offense I have committed. Although invited, the demigods are neither taking part in the sacrifice nor accepting their share
- King Indra said: O Supreme Lord, You are our deliverer and protector. Our shares of sacrifices, which are actually Yours, have been recovered from the demon by You
- King Prthu replied: My dear earth, you have disobeyed my orders and rulings. In the form of a demigod you accepted your share of the yajnas we performed, but in return you have not produced sufficient food grains. For this reason I must kill you
- Lord Krsna, stepping over the other hopeful candidates, carried her (Rukmini) away as His own share, as Garuda carried away nectar
- Lord Siva continued: Since the head of Daksa has already been burned to ashes, he will have the head of a goat. The demigod known as Bhaga will be able to see his share of sacrifice through the eyes of Mitra
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was the rightful heir to his father's kingdom. But just to favor his own sons, headed by Duryodhana, Dhrtarastra, Maharaja Yudhisthira's uncle, adopted various unfair means to cheat his nephews of their rightful share of the kingdom
- Maitreya continued: My dear sinless Vidura, Lord Visnu is actually the enjoyer of the results of all sacrifices. Yet because of His being the Supersoul of all living entities, He was satisfied simply with His share of the sacrificial offerings
- My dear Lord Siva, you are a shareholder of a portion of the sacrifice, and you are the giver of the result. The bad priests did not deliver your share, and therefore you destroyed everything, and the sacrifice remains unfinished
- Offering gifts in charity, accepting charitable gifts, revealing one's mind in confidence, inquiring confidentially, accepting prasada and offering prasada are the six symptoms of love shared by one devotee and another
- One in the grhastha order of life should daily worship the sages by Vedic study, the forefathers by offering the mantra svadha, the demigods by chanting svaha, all living entities by offering shares of one's meals, and human beings by offering grains
- One must be inquisitive to understand the Absolute Truth, brahma-jijnasa, not inquiring in the market, "What is the rate of share? What is the rate of rice? No, not for this inquiry
- One should be satisfied with things awarded by the Lord of the universe. It is out of madness only that one tries to encroach upon another's share of material possessions
- So the Gandhi's picture, Gandhi was fishing with the tackle, and Jinnah was standing behind with a knife and plate, that "Let this rascal struggle for independence, and as soon as, he's get, I will take share and go away, Pakistan"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then gave shares of the prasadam to Ramananda Raya, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and all the other devotees
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O best of the Kurus, Maharaja Pariksit, the demigods and demons summoned Vasuki, king of the serpents, requesting him to come and promising to give him a share of the nectar
- Taking the container of nectar in Her hands, She first approached the demons, satisfied them with sweet words and thus cheated them of their share of the nectar
- Tell her that I sent you to inform her of My personal activities so that she may share in My happiness
- The consciousness of the living entity, although qualitatively one with the supreme consciousness, is not supreme, because the consciousness of one particular body does not share that of another body
- The credit of opening our London branch will go to the San Francisco boys, headed by you. Of course, the girls also share the credit undoubtedly
- The degree of intimacy shared by Krsna and Subala can be understood by the fact that the talks between them were so confidential that no one else could understand what they were saying
- The demigods are eligible to share in the oblations of sacrifice, but Lord Siva, who is the lowest of all the demigods, should not have a share
- The father of Nabhaga said: Whatever the great sages sacrificed in the arena of the Daksa-yajna, they offered to Lord Siva as his share. Therefore, everything in the sacrificial arena certainly belongs to Lord Siva
- The fire-god used to bring him his share of all yajnas, but because the fire-god was afraid to enter the water, Indra was practically starving
- The perfection of their (the sages of Dandakaranya's) human form of life was achieved by their generating a transcendental sentiment to share conjugal love with Lord Krsna
- The perfection of their (the sages) human form of life was thus achieved by their generating a transcendental sentiment to share conjugal love with Lord Krsna
- The Personality of Godhead becomes ever glorified. He also exacted a share from the sacrifices, and it is he only who inaugurated the medical science or the knowledge of medicine in the universe
- The sixteen principal creative elements, namely earth, water, fire, air, sky, and the eleven sense organs, first developed from the Lord Himself and were thereby shared by the living entities
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, whose legs are tended by the goddess of fortune, shared Himself with the cowherd boys as one of them, expanding His internal potency to appear exactly like a village boy
- Therefore if the wife is unable to execute this process, the husband should carefully do so, and the faithful wife will share the result
- Therefore the demigods and their followers are all annihilated at the period of devastation, but one who reaches the kingdom of God gets a permanent share in eternal life. That is the verdict of Vedic literature
- They prayed: O creator of the universe, we are glad; what you have produced is well done. Since ritualistic acts have now been established soundly in this human form, we shall all share the sacrificial oblations
- They think, "I have conquered. I have got three crores of rupees." Speculating on (indistinct) and share, that's all. Then parabhavah: his three crores of rupees remain with his bank, and he goes with his wife, and he accepts another body
- This particular type of ecstatic love shared between Krsna and His confidential friends further develops into parental love, & on from there it may develop conjugal love, the most exalted humor or mellow of ecstatic love between Krsna and His devotees
- This person was Dhanvantari, a plenary portion of a plenary portion of Lord Visnu. He was very conversant with the science of medicine, and as one of the demigods he was permitted to take a share in sacrifices
- This tattva of Lord Caitanya's is shared by all four sampradayas of the Vaisnava school (all accepting eternal servitude to the Lord even after salvation), and there is no authorized Vaisnava acarya who may think of the Lord and himself as one
- To enjoy the results of sacrifices (yajnas), the rulers of the world, namely the sons and grandsons of Manu, discharge the orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead until the end of Manu's reign. The demigods also share the results of these sacrifices
- To give protection to the general mass of people who are citizens of the state is the prescribed occupational duty for a king. By acting in that way, the king in his next life shares one sixth of the result of the pious activities of the citizens
- Vidura said: You (Dhrtarastra) must now return the legitimate share to Yudhisthira, who has no enemies and who has been forbearing through untold sufferings due to your offenses
- Vidura said: You must now return the legitimate share to Yudhisthira, who has no enemies and who has been forbearing through untold sufferings due to your offenses
- We are now involved in the injunctions of the three departments of the Vedic knowledge under the plea of executing rituals in the name of yajna. We know that You have made arrangements for distributing the respective shares of the demigods
- What is the subject matter? The subject matter is Krsna. We are not hearing here any market report. What is the price of this, what is the price of this share or that share. No. We are hearing about Krsna
- When Hari, the supreme enjoyer of all sacrifices, is invited to fulfill your desire for a son, all the demigods will come with Him and take their shares in the sacrifice
- When he came back in due course and begged the return of his rightful share of the kingdom, he was refused by Dhrtarastra, who was overwhelmed by illusion
- When Nabhaga went to his father and said, "My dear father, my elder brothers have given you as my share of property," the father replied, "My dear son, do not rely upon their cheating words. I am not your property
- With all respect, Daksa worshiped Lord Siva with his share of the remnants of the yajna. After finishing the ritualistic sacrificial activities, he satisfied all the other demigods and the other people assembled there
- With great affection and respect, that Kurma brahmana made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu eat all kinds of food. After that, the remnants were shared by all the members of the family
- Without providing a share for him, they divided the property of their father among themselves. When Nabhaga returned from the place of his spiritual master, they gave him their father as his share