Sesa | "Sesa Naga"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Sesa"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- After Gopinatha Acarya finished talking, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and, calling for Advaita Acarya, made Him act like the Sesa Naga bed
- After the six sons Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Mada and Matsarya are killed, the Sesa incarnation creates a suitable situation for the appearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Although constantly chanting about His transcendental qualities, the thousand-hooded Lord Sesa has not yet reached the end of the Lord's activities
- Although the Lord in His incarnation as Sesa holds all the universes on His hoods, each universe feels no heavier than a mustard seed to Him. Therefore, what person desiring perfection will not worship the Lord?
- Ananta, or Sesa, is the source of the power which sustains all the planets in their different positions. Materially this sustaining power is known as the law of gravitation, but actually it is a display of the potency of Sankarsana
- Baladeva, Laksmana, Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Lord Sesa and Lord Sankarsana taste the nectarean mellows of the transcendental bliss of Lord Krsna by recognizing Themselves as being His devotees and servants
- Below the earth by 70,000 yojanas are the seven lower planetary systems called Atala, Vitala, Sutala, Talatala, Mahatala, Rasatala and Patala. Below these lower planets by 30,000 yojanas, Sesa Naga is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean
- Below the earth by 70,000 yojanas are the seven lower planetary systems. Below these lower planets by 30,000 yojanas, Sesa Naga is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean. That ocean is 249,800,000 yojanas deep
- Brahma could see that on the water there was a gigantic lotus-like white bedstead, the body of Sesa-naga, on which the Personality of Godhead was lying alone
- He became silent and grave, and because of love for the Lord, tears fell from his eyes, and his hairs stood on end. With great devotion and love, he offered his respectful obeisances unto the original Personality of Godhead
- He executes the orders of Lord Krsna in the work of creation, and in the form of Lord Sesa He serves Krsna in various ways
- He is thus called Lord Sesa, for He has attained the ultimate end of servitude to Krsna. He takes many forms for the service of Krsna, and thus He serves the Lord
- He lies down on the lap of Sesa Naga, from His navel sprouts a golden lotus flower on a stem, and on that lotus Lord Brahma is created. I can understand that You are the same Supreme Godhead. I therefore offer my respectful obeisances unto You
- He was unable to utter any of the letters of the alphabet to offer the Lord suitable prayers because his voice was choked in ecstasy, for a considerable time
- He who is Sesa, Sankarsana, with His thousands of mouths, serves Sri Krsna by assuming ten forms
- His face was smiling, and His eyes were reddish. He was surrounded by such exalted liberated persons as Sanat-kumara
- His necks were bluish, as were His tongues. Thus Arjuna saw the Sesa Naga form, and he also saw that on the very soft, white body of Sesa Naga, Lord Maha-Visnu was lying very comfortably
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have briefly described the devotees of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu in different places. Even Lord Sesa, who has thousands of mouths, could not list them all
- I have briefly described the meeting between Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya. No one can actually describe this meeting exhaustively. It is even impossible for Lord Sesa Naga, who has thousands of hoods
- If Sesa Naga Ananta personally were to make the pastimes of Lord Caitanya into sutras, even with His thousands of mouths there is no possibility that He could find their limit
- It is not at all possible to describe the unlimited pastimes of Sri Krsna, even though He Himself describes them in His incarnation of Sahasra-vadana, the thousand-mouthed Sesa Naga
- Lord Anantadeva, or Sesa Naga, was in the form of a great serpent with thousands of hoods, each one decorated with valuable, effulgent jewels, beautifully dazzling
- Lord Visnu lies there with the goddess of fortune, and it is said that during the four months of the rainy season He enjoys sleeping on that Sesa Naga bed
- Lying down on Advaita Prabhu, who was floating on the water, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu demonstrated the pastime of Sesasayi Visnu
- Sesa Naga in the Vaikuntha world, empowered for the personal service of the Supreme Lord (sva-sevana-sakti)
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's visit to Vrndavana and His activities there are unlimited. Even Lord Sesa, who has thousands of hoods, cannot reach the end of His activities
- Sridhara Svami explains in his notes: "During the annihilation of the creation, who serves the Lord lying on the Sesa, etc." This means that the transcendental Lord with all His name, fame, quality and paraphernalia exists eternally
- That same Lord Visnu, in the form of Lord Sesa, holds the planets upon His heads, although He does not know where they are, for He cannot feel their existence upon His heads
- The first plenary expansion of Krsna is Baladeva, also known as Sesa. The Sesa incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead supports the entire universe, and the eternal mother of this incarnation is mother Rohini
- The glories of Lord Nityananda's transcendental attributes are unfathomable. Even Lord Sesa, with His thousands of mouths, cannot find their limit
- The Padma Purana says that Lord Ramacandra is an incarnation of Narayana and that the other three brothers are incarnations of Sesa, Cakra and Sankha
- The pastimes of Lord Caitanya are unlimited and endless. Even Sahasra-vadana, Lord Sesa, cannot reach the limits of His pastimes
- The pastimes of Lord Caitanya have two divisions - the early pastimes (adi-lila) and the later pastimes (sesa-lila). He has four names in each of these two lilas
- The pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are wonderful and unlimited. Even personalities like Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and Sesa Naga cannot find their end
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Freed from all sinful reactions are those who rise from bed at the end of night, early in the morning, and fully concentrate their minds with great attention upon My bed, Sesa Naga
- The whole atmosphere was illuminated by the rays of the jewels bedecking the hood of Sesa-naga, and that illumination dissipated all the darkness of those regions
- There are innumerable universes, and in each and every universe there are different manifestations of Brahma, Visnu and Rudra. Besides that, there is the Sesa-murti who bears all the universes on His hoods. And Lord Krsna is the Lord of all of them
- There are two features of Sesa. One is the bearer of the globes, and the other is the bedstead servitor
- There He manifested Vaikuntha as His own abode and rested in the waters on the bed of Lord Sesa
- They (many of the demigods and all the Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas) were all bowing down before the Lord (Krsna). He also saw Lord Sesa Naga, with thousands of hoods
- They are all mad with that happiness, and they know nothing else
- When Yogamaya, the supreme power of the supremely powerful Personality of Godhead, transferred Lord Sesa from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini, both Devaki and Rohini were under Yogamaya's spell, which is called yoga-nidra
- Within that palace, Arjuna and Krsna saw the gigantic form of Anantadeva, who is also known as Sesa
- Yamuna prayed "I forgot Your (Balarama) glorious, exalted position, but now I have come to my senses, and I remember that You hold all the planetary systems on Your head merely by Your partial expansion Sesa. You are the sustainer of the whole universe"
- You awaken from the bed of Sesa, Ananta, and from Your navel a small transcendental seed is generated. It is from this seed that the lotus flower of the gigantic universe is manifested, exactly as a banyan tree grows from a small seed