Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Serving Devotees of God
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
Pages in category "Serving Devotees of God"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A dog always keeps himself at his master's door and does not allow any person unfavorable to the master to enter. Similarly, one should engage in the service of a Vaisnava and try to please him in every respect
- A neophyte and an intermediate devotee should always be eager to hear the maha-bhagavata and serve him in every respect
- A neophyte devotee must faithfully serve the pure devotee, and he should be very much obedient and strictly follow the instructions. These are the signs of a devotee who is determined to achieve success even in the existing duration of life
- A person initiated into the Vaisnava cult should be offered the respect befitting a Vaisnava, which means that he should be offered service and prayers. However, one should not associate with him if he is not a fit person with whom to associate
- Although I took birth as a sudra from the womb of a maidservant, I engaged in the service of Vaisnavas who were well-versed in Vedic knowledge. Consequently, in this life I got the opportunity to take birth as the son of Lord Brahma
- As fog is vanquished at the first glimpse of sunlight, one's sinful reactions are automatically vanquished as soon as one begins serving a pure devotee; no separate endeavor is required
- By regular attendance in classes on the Bhagavatam and by rendering of service to the pure devotee, all that is troublesome to the heart is almost completely destroyed
- By serving Vaisnavas in his previous life, Narada was favored by the devotees of the Lord and became a great sage. Indeed, amongst sages Narada Muni is considered to be the greatest
- By serving Vaisnavas in his previous life, Narada was favored by those devotees of the Lord and became the great sage Narada Muni
- Regularly hear Srimad-Bhagavatam and similar literature. 36) Live in a sacred place like Mathura, Vrndavana or Dvaraka. 37) Offer service to Vaisnavas (devotees). 38) Arrange your devotional service according to your means
- Residing in Mathura, worshiping the Deity of the Lord, reciting SB, serving a devotee, and chanting the Hare Krsna mantra - are so potent that a small attachment for any one of these five items can arouse devotional ecstasy even in a neophyte
- Rukmini continued, 'My dear Lord, in my previous life I may have done public welfare work, digging wells & planting trees, or pious activities such as performing ritualistic ceremonies & sacrifices & serving the spiritual master, brahmanas & Vaisnavas'
- Simply by engaging in the service of her exalted husband, who must be a pure devotee, the wife will never be agitated by sex impulses
- Simply by serving brahmanas and Vaisnavas one can get liberation. There is no need to undergo severe penances and austerities
- Subuddhi Raya used to spend his savings to supply yogurt to Bengali Vaisnavas who came to Mathura. He also gave them cooked rice and oil massages. When he saw a poverty-stricken Vaisnava, he would use his money to feed him
- Subuddhi Raya wanted to serve the Vaisnavas according to their needs. Therefore he would supply yogurt to ease the digestion of food eaten in Mathura, particularly the capatis and rotis made with wheat