Category:Saying to Caitanya
Pages in category "Saying to Caitanya"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total.
- Advaita Acarya said, "You have been fasting continuously for three days in Your ecstasy of love for Krsna. I therefore invite You to My home, where You may kindly take Your alms. Come with Me to My residence"
- Advaita Acarya then said to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Why have You called back this man and allowed him to see You? He has cheated Me in two ways"
- After hearing Ramananda Raya speak in this way, Caitanya Mahaprabhu again rejected his statement and said, "Go ahead and say something more." Ramananda Raya then replied, "Devotional service mixed with empiric knowledge is the essence of perfection"
- After saying this, Gadadhara Pandita went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and fell down crying at the lotus feet of the Lord
- After saying this, Jagadananda Pandita took the jug of oil from the room and threw it down before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in the courtyard and broke it
- After saying this, Kasi Misra left the abode of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and returned to his own temple. At noon King Prataparudra came to Kasi Misra's home
- After saying this, Kesava Bharati, the spiritual master, went back to his village, Katwa. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu went there and accepted the renounced order of life (sannyasa)
- After saying this, Prakasananda Sarasvati sat down with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to question the Lord as follows
- After saying this, Srivasa Thakura worshiped the Lord, who was then greatly satisfied and returned to His own home
- Again Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Ramananda Raya, "Please say something. I want to hear." Understanding the situation, Ramananda Raya recited the following words of the gopis
- All the Lord's devotees then said, "You have incarnated to deliver fallen souls. You have delivered them in the east and in the south, and now you are delivering them in the west"
- All the Mayavadi sannyasis said, "Your Holiness, kindly know from us that we actually have no quarrel with Your refutation of these meanings, for You have given a clear understanding of the sutras"
- All the Muslim soldiers then came before the Lord, worshiped His lotus feet and said, "Here are four rogues"
- Although the Lord did not exhibit any external symptoms, His mind was filled with ecstatic love. At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya said, "Let us go to Mahavana"
- As in the previous year, one of the inhabitants of Kulina-grama submitted a petition to the Lord (Caitanya), saying, "My Lord, kindly tell me what my duty is and how I should execute it"
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched Sanatana Gosvami, Sanatana was also overwhelmed with ecstatic love. In a faltering voice, he said, "O my Lord, do not touch me"
- At that time Balabhadra Bhattacarya placed a request at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He said, "Please give me permission to go see Lord Krsna directly"
- At that time Sanatana Gosvami said to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. No one can understand the deep ideas You plan within Your heart"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting on the rejected pots. So His mother said, "My dear boy, You are sitting in this nasty place. Why?" He said, "Well, how you can say this is nasty place? These pots are very pure"
- Catching hold of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's lotus feet, the Bhattacarya said, "Why did You bring Amogha back to life? It would have been better had he died"
- Catching the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Haridasa Thakura said, "My Lord, do not create an illusion! Although I am so fallen, You must certainly show me this mercy"
- Govinda said to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Raghunatha dasa no longer takes prasadam here. Now he stands at the Simha-dvara, where he begs some alms to eat"
- Govinda said, "Kindly turn on one side. Let me pass to enter the room." However, the Lord replied, "I don't have the strength to move My body"
- Govinda would present the prasadam and say to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "This has been given by such-and-such devotee." The Lord, however, would not actually eat it. He would simply say, "Keep it in storage"
- Haridasa Thakura said to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Here is Sanatana Gosvami offering his obeisances." Seeing Sanatana Gosvami, the Lord was greatly surprised
- He said, "All these members of my family are Your eternal servants. You have saved us from this great danger. Therefore You have purchased us for a proper price"
- He said, "For a long time, i have desired to see You, my Lord. Now Lord Jagannatha has fulfilled this desire; therefore I am seeing You"
- He said, "My Lord, You have given him initiation into the name of Krsna, but after receiving the mantra he will not express it in front of everyone"
- He said, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana Himself. When He explains the Vedanta-sutra, He does so very nicely"
- He said, "The King has excused me for the balance due. He has reappointed me to my post by honoring me with this silken cloth and has doubled my salary"
- He said, "You are a fool" "You are not qualified to study Vedanta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Krsna. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns"
- He said, "You mistook the sea for the Yamuna River, and You jumped into it. You have been carried this far by the waves of the sea"
- He wanted to say something, but no reply would come from his mouth. He then began to consider this puzzle within his mind
- Of all Krsna's abodes, which do you think is the best? Raghupati Upadhyaya said, "Madhu-puri, or Mathura-dhama, is certainly the best"
- On the eighth day, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "You have been listening to Vedanta philosophy from me continually for seven days"
- One day Ramacandra Puri came in the morning to the abode of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Seeing many ants, he said something to criticize the Lord
- Paramananda Puri said, "My Godbrother Ramacandra Puri is by nature a bad critic. If You give up eating because of his words, what will be the profit"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati said, "We can understand the faults You (Lord Caitanya) have pointed out in the Mayavada philosophy. All the explanations given by Sankaracarya are imaginary
- Prakasananda Sarasvati then said, "I understand that Your name is Sri Krsna Caitanya. You are a disciple of Sri Kesava Bharati, and therefore You are glorious"
- Sacimata said, "Why do You steal others’ things? Why do You beat the other children? And why do You go inside others' houses? What do You not have in Your own house?"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I am a very insignificant living entity. I am low and poorly behaved. How can I understand who is the incarnation for this Age of Kali"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I was born in a low family, and my associates are all low-class men. I myself am fallen and am the lowest of men. Indeed, I have passed my whole life fallen in the well of sinful materialism"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Lord, I am a very lowborn person. Indeed, I am a servant to lowborn people; therefore I am very, very downtrodden. Nonetheless, You have taught me conclusions unknown even to Lord Brahma"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Lord, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda. All the Vedic literatures are vibrated through Your breathing"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My Lord, I have heard that previously, at the home of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, You explained the atmarama verse in eighteen different ways"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "The color of the personality in whom the characteristics of the Lord are found is yellowish. His activities include the distribution of love of Godhead and the chanting of the holy names of the Lord"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then took the Lord with him to his home, saying, "Today's luncheon will be at my home." In this way he invited the Lord
- Sarvabhauma then said, "Please accept the invitation for twenty days." But Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "It is not a religious principle of the renounced order"
- Saying "I have seen! I have seen!" and dancing in ecstatic love as though mad, he became a first-class Vaisnava
- Saying this, Balabhadra Bhattacarya made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sit aboard a boat. After they crossed the river, he took the Lord with him
- Saying this, Nityananda Prabhu took Caitanya Mahaprabhu near the Ganges, and the Lord, in His ecstasy, accepted the river Ganges as the river Yamuna
- Saying this, the brahmana very happily cooked food, and a first-class dinner was offered to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Saying this, the saintly Muslim fell at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and requested Him to speak of life's ultimate goal and the process by which it could be obtained
- Sir, You are that Lord Krsna Himself. This is my conclusion. Saying this, the brahmana fell down at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sri Advaita Prabhu said, "My dear Lords, kindly enter this room." The two brothers, Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu, then came forward to take the prasadam
- Staying at a distant place in the courtyard, he fell down to offer obeisances. Then Mukunda Datta said, "Here is Raghunatha"
- Svarupa Damodara said to the Lord, "I cannot contradict Your supreme will, my Lord, but if You do not accept the bedding, Jagadananda Pandita will feel great unhappiness"
- Svarupa Damodara said, "My dear Lord, please get up. Let us go to Your place. There I shall tell You everything that has happened"
- Tapana Misra said, "As long as Your Lordship stays in Varanasi, please do not accept an invitation from anyone but me"
- Tapana Misra then said, "My dear Lord, as long as You stay at Varanasi, please do not accept any invitation other than mine"
- Tapana Misra then said, "Sanatana has some duty to perform; therefore he cannot accept lunch now. At the conclusion of the meal, I shall supply Sanatana with some remnants"
- The astrologer said, "What I saw in meditation was full of opulence, and therefore I was confused
- The doorkeeper said, "Just see! Here is the best of the Personalities of Godhead. From here You may see the Lord to the full satisfaction of Your eyes"
- The inhabitant of Kulina-grama said, "Please let me know who is actually a Vaisnava and what his symptoms are." Understanding his mind, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and gave the following reply
- The Kazi said, "Everyone calls You Gaurahari. Please let me address You by that name
- The Kazi said, "To as many descendants as take birth in my dynasty in the future, I give this grave admonition: No one should check the sankirtana movement"
- The Kazi said, "When I went to the Hindu's house, broke the drum & forbade the performance of congregational chanting, in my dreams that very night I saw a greatly fearful lion, roaring very loudly, His body like a human being's & His face like a lion's
- The next day when he came to the assembly of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he sat down after offering obeisances to the Lord and said something with great pride
- The next day, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami submitted to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Raghunatha dasa has this to say at Your lotus feet
- The people then said, "You have appeared in Vrndavana as an incarnation of Krsna. Just by seeing You, everyone is now liberated"
- Then Srila Advaita Acarya said something to Caitanya Mahaprabhu through gestures and read some poetic passages, which no one understood
- They all prayed to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, addressing Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself and saying, "Sir, please excuse our offense. Please have mercy upon us and bring our spiritual master back to life"
- They said, "Dear Lord, although the King of Bengal, Nawab Hussain Shah, is very respectful toward You, You have no other business here. Kindly depart from this place"
- They said, "Gopinatha Pattanayaka, the brother of Ramananda Raya, has always been a treasurer for the government"
- Thinking thus, the pandita said, "My dear Nimai Pandita, please hear me. Hearing Your explanation, I am simply struck with wonder
- Thus at the end of one night, Junior Haridasa, after offering Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu his respectful obeisances, departed for Prayaga without saying anything to anyone
- Understanding that Lord Caitanya had accepted the renounced order of life, Sacimata, crying, said to the Lord, "My darling Nimai, do not be cruel like Visvarupa, Your elder brother"
- Upon hearing this, the brahmana became afraid. He then said, "Why do You speak like this? You are a sannyasi"
- Upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in such an ecstatic mood, Sri Ranga Puri said, "Your Holiness, please get up"
- Vallabha Bhatta said, "I have tried to describe elaborately the meaning of Krsna's holy name. Kindly hear the explanation"
- Vallabha Bhatta said, "Where do all these Vaisnavas live, and how can I see them"
- Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "Although Mukunda is my junior," he said, "he first received Your (Caitanya Mahaprabhu's) favor. Consequently he became transcendentally senior to me"
- When he offered his obeisances to the Lord, he said, "I am the same Paramesvara." Upon seeing him, the Lord asked him questions with great affection
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began cleansing Sanatana Gosvami's body with His own transcendental hand, Sanatana Gosvami said, "O my Lord, please do not touch me"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was taking another morsel of food, Svarupa Damodara caught Him by the hand and said, "It is not fit for You." Thus he forcibly took the food away
- While the people were offering their prayers unto the Lord, Srivasa Thakura sarcastically said to the Lord, "At home, You wanted to be covered. Why have You exposed Yourself outside"