Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sand | sandy | sands
Pages in category "Sand"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- An elephant may bathe very thoroughly, but as soon as it comes out of the river, it immediately takes some sand from the land and throws it all over its body
- An inordinate desire for economic development is considered to be like straws and grains of sand within the heart. If one is overly engaged in material activity, the heart will always remain disturbed
- Anyone who has seen the festival of Haridasa passing away, anyone who has chanted, danced here, anyone who has offered sand on the body of Haridasa, and anyone who has joined this festival to partake of the prasadam will achieve Krsna's favor very soon
- At noon the sand on the beach was as hot as fire, but Sanatana Gosvami came by that path
- By acting as a professional guru, mystic yogi or miracle man, one may cheat and bluff the general public and gain fame as a wonderful mystic, but all this is considered to be dust, straw and grains of sand within the heart
- By His practical example, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has shown us that all the grains of sand must be picked up thoroughly and thrown outside. He also cleansed the outside of the temple, fearing that the grains of sand would again come within
- I belong to a community of cowherd boys, and therefore I generally have many cowherd associates with Me. I am happy when we eat together in a picnic like this by the sandy bank of the river
- If the heart is filled with straw, grains of sand, weeds or dust (in other words, anyabhilasa-purna), one cannot enthrone the Supreme Personality of Godhead there
- Impersonal speculation, monism (merging into the existence of the Supreme), speculative knowledge, mystic yoga and meditation are all compared to grains of sand. They simply cause irritation to the heart
- Impersonal speculation, monism , speculative knowledge, mystic yoga and meditation are all compared to grains of sand. They simply cause irritation to the heart. No one can satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead by such activities
- In his book Gauranga-stava-kalpavrksa, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami has very vividly described Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastime of running toward the Cataka-parvata sand dune
- In this way the Lord (Krsna) and the gopis reached the cool, sandy bank of the Yamuna, where there were lilies and lotus flowers. In such a transcendental atmosphere, the gopis and Krsna began to enjoy one another
- One day, while Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was going to the sea to bathe, He suddenly saw a sand dune named Cataka-parvata
- Our material activities are like childish play. Children may play on the beach, and the father will sit and watch this, the construction of buildings with sand, the construction of walls, but finally the father will ask the children to come home
- Out of His causeless mercy the Lord personally covered the body of Haridasa Thakura with sand and personally begged alms from the shopkeepers. Then He conducted a great festival to celebrate the passing away of Haridasa Thakura
- Overwhelmed by joy at being called by the Lord, Sanatana Gosvami did not feel that his feet were burning in the hot sand
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu mistook the sand dune for Govardhana Hill and ran toward it
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "How did you come along the beach, where the sand is so hot? Why didn’t you come by the path in front of the Simha-dvara gate? It is very cool"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would also run very fast across the sand dunes, mistaking them for Govardhana. As He ran, He would wail and cry loudly
- The devotees covered the body of Haridasa Thakura with sand and then constructed a platform upon the site. The platform was protected all around by fencing
- The devotees removed His wet undergarment and replaced it with a dry one. Then, laying the Lord on an outer cloth, they cleaned the sand from His body
- The fine, white sand spread all over the path resembled the bank of the Yamuna, and the small gardens on both sides looked just like those in Vrndavana
- The gifts consisted of some sand from the site of the rasa-lila, a stone from Govardhana Hill, dry ripened pilu fruits and a garland of small conchshells
- The goddess is worshiped by preparing a doll made of sand from the bank of the Yamuna
- The hot sand must have blistered your soles. Now you cannot walk. How did you tolerate it
- The Lord then ordered everyone to cleanse the inside of the temple very perfectly by taking finer dust, straws and grains of sand and throwing them outside
- The Lord then personally sat down in the middle and picked up all kinds of straw, grains of sand and dirty things
- The Lord was lying on the ground, His body elongated and bleached white by the water. He was covered from head to foot with sand
- Trikuta Mountain has many lakes and rivers, with beaches covered by small gems resembling grains of sand. The water is as clear as crystal, and when the demigod damsels bathe in it, their bodies lend fragrance to the water and the breeze
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was picking up the straws and grains of sand, He said, "I shall gather everyone's collection, and I shall ask whoever has collected less than all the others to pay a fine of sweet cakes and sweet rice"
- With His transcendental hands, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally covered the body of Haridasa Thakura with sand, chanting "Haribol! Haribol"