Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
rupees | rupee
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Rupees"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- According to our Gosvami's program, everyone should sacrifice fifty percent of his income for Krsna. And Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami' actually did it. It doesn't matter whether your income is five lakhs per month or five rupees per month
- All necessary expenditures will be paid by check from the Book Fund. For petty expenses, not exceeding Rs. 200 - may be kept with you always and everything should be accounted for with vouchers
- Because we do not understand what is dhira, we think that "This man is sitting idly and drawing four thousand rupees." Because we know, "Unless one is active like dog, running there, running there, he is not a busy man"
- By the grace of Krsna, it is unique in the history that religious book can be sold forty lakhs of rupees per month. It is record-breaking. There is no such instance
- By the grace of Krsna, we have no debts. No. We have no scarcity of money. They will simply find out. Now in Bombay I am getting from my Book Fund seven lakhs of rupees per month regularly
- Concerning the set of Srimad-Bhagavatams that Dr. Tripati gave us in Aligarh, I happen to know that the complete set should not cost more than Rs. 700, like that. And besides that, the paper may be so brittle that it may be useless
- Created a havoc by misinterpreting Bhagavad-gita, all people. According to their whims, "Five rupees note means four rupees," by imagination, they have created havoc all over the world. Otherwise everything is there
- Five hundred years ago, the income was twelve lakhs of rupees per annum. That one lakh, one hundred thousand of rupees, I think at the present moment, the value has increased one hundred thousand times
- Formerly, one servant was engaged, ten rupees or twelve rupees per month. Now you cannot get a servant unless you pay one hundred rupees. So in that comparison, everyone is getting more money, but still the condition is the same
- Government will be just like thieves and rogues. We are already experiencing. Now a new law has been passed in India that nobody can keep property more than five to seven lakhs of rupees. So people's incentive to earn money is now being cut down
- Grace means he'll willingly give you mercy, & mercy means you ask for mercy. Sadhana-siddha & krpa-siddha. You are trying to earn one lakh of rupees - that is sadhana. But if somebody is gracious he can give: "Take a lakh. Don't work hard" That is grace
- Guesthouse, if it is organized, yesterday we calculated we can get five hundred, six hundred rupees daily. So why it should not be done?
- He said personally to me that under dictation of Srimate Radharani he has given the land to us in charity. We have invested already lacs of rupees for constructing a temple
- He was eating little butter, just to satisfy. Practically no eating. Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was a very rich man's son. His father's income was twelve lakhs of rupees in those days. So he adopted this austerity at Radha-kunda
- I am a little in anxiety on account of Bombay affairs. It is a question of fifteen lacs of rupees, but the matter has not been properly handled by our men in India
- I am greatly relieved to hear from you that the bank is likely willing to loan us Rs. 5 lakhs or Rs. 10 lakhs. That is the ideal solution. Best thing is to take loan
- I am negotiating with one Mr. Javarali for purchasing a piece of land priced near about 13,000 Rs. Now, if I send you the equivalent in American dollars, whether it will be possible for you to pay him the above approximate price?
- I am trying to develop a township in Mayapur spending crores of rupees to give protection against the occasional innundation (flood) and construct a tall planetarium estimated to be 300 feet high. So why they are obstructing this program?
- I beg to inform you that the value of the invoice has been increased from Rs. 3,252.60 to Rs. 4,096.00 on account of some mistake in calculation. I am now on touring, therefore I cannot send you immediately the amended invoice
- I do not know how things are being managed in this way. Kindly let me know, therefore, immediately what is the fate of this Rs. 6,000 transferred from your Delhi Chandni Chowk Branch
- I thank you very much for sending me a record player by air freight, but since you have not mentioned that it is an unsolicited gift, customs has raised objections & they want to levy duty to the extent of 100 Rs
- I think by the grace of Krsna you are getting some glimpse of hope to keep in possession the Hare Krsna land for our missionary activities. The laurel of victory will be if we can get the whole land at a monthly rent of 1000rs
- If I have got power to print paper and distribute it as money, you are dissatisfied, getting hundred rupees, you want two hundred, so what is to me? I print and give you. This is artificial inflation
- If the cost is about Rs 5/- per record then would they be sold at Rs. 10/-? I do not know at what price you have sold them in the past. Anyway if you have already placed the order with Gramaphone Co. then what can be done?
- If you have got one rupee, if you take one anna, then it is fifteen annas. Or if you take two annas, it is fourteen annas. If you take sixteen annas, it becomes zero. But Krsna is not like that. He can expand Himself unlimited forms
- In India, Tirupati, I think that Deity is richer than many kings in the world. Daily, 100,000 rupees, not less, daily. (break) ...few kings who has got so much money?
- In India, wherever some famous temple is there, there is a tank. Now the haircutting, that lakhs of rupees are sold to foreign countries is hair. Heaps. These managers, they are selling the hairs. Very big business
- In the Vedic way of marriage a dowry is still given to the bridegroom by the father of the bride; even in poverty-stricken India there are marriages where hundreds and thousands of rupees are spent for a dowry
- One is accumulating money to give to the children. He is anxious that "After all, they are my children. They must get at least five lakhs of rupees." This is his business. But it is not his children
- One of our life members, has agreed to distribute 3000 of these Gitas at no less than 50 rupees apiece
- Our traveling each time, lakhs of rupees, I am traveling. But one man cannot see once in life London or New York from India. I see four times in a year. So I have no problem - because Krsna is there
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami's father's income was twelve lakhs of rupees. He left his happy home and joined Caitanya Mahaprabhu and exemplified tapasya
- Regarding registration of the Memorandum of Association and Rules and Regulations of the League of Devotees (alias Sarbabhouma Bhagavata Samaj), I beg to inform you that I have deposited the fee RS 50/- (Rupees Fifty only)
- Regarding the Government's plans to construct a three crore tourist lodge, why not give the money to us, and we can construct? If this money is used for four such buildings as we have got plus a temple
- Regarding the magazine, if you become a subscriber, then I can get it for you. Free distribution of the "Back to Godhead" has stopped now because it it too expensive. The yearly subscription fee is Rs. 33/- only
- Regarding your desire to preach in Hindi and English, that is very nice. My suggestion is that you purchase one or two rooms in our Vrindaban centre. The price is Rs. 50,000 for one room or 60,000 for two rooms and you may have your choice of commodes
- So anyone who does not take the result of his karma, then he is sannyasi. Suppose you earn... You are a businessman. You have earned two lakhs of rupees, but give it to Krsna
- So at that time, there was no sale of Back to Godhead. I was publishing about one thousand copies and distributing. So there was no income. I was spending three hundred, four hundred rupees from my pocket. At that time, I had income
- Suppose one man earns ten rupees a day, and if he has to purchase ten rupees simply rice for the family, ten..., what for others? Then he becomes dishonest. He wants to earn money by taking bribe in his own capacity. So bribing has become a custom
- Thank you very much for your kind donation of 2500 Rupees for our food distribution program. It will be very helpful in endeavors
- The American people have every thing in ample and the worker gets about Rs 100/- as daily wages and still there are thieves for want of character. The lower class men daily workers are cent percent drunkards
- The interest rate here in the west is very low now, so I am thinking very seriously to invest about 410,000 dollars (approximately 32 lakhs rupees)
- The landlord has taken away more than 2000 Rs, but what can I do? If I go to litigation I will have to put myself in so many anxieties. It is better to forget
- The note also mentioned that Advaita Acarya had recently incurred a debt of about three hundred rupees that Kamalakanta Visvasa wanted to liquidate
- The rooms were very dilapitated so he proposed that I fix the rooms and whatever I pay as rent would be all right. I invested about 1,000 Rs/. and paid him 5 Rs/. monthly, recently I have increased the monthly payment to 10 Rs
- There is so-called government, millions of rupees they are spending and taking salary, government house, but the praja, they have no security for their life income
- These cowherd boys who are playing with Krsna, they are not ordinary human beings. They are very, very advanced in spiritual assets. Just like you accumulate money. When you have got too much accumulation, ten crores of rupees, like that
- They think, "I have conquered. I have got three crores of rupees." Speculating on (indistinct) and share, that's all. Then parabhavah: his three crores of rupees remain with his bank, and he goes with his wife, and he accepts another body
- Two brothers named Hiranya and Govardhana, who were residents of Saptagrama, had an annual income of 1,200,000 rupees
- We are prepared to purchase the land at a rate of not more than Rs 1500/- per bigha. They (Indian locals) are under the impression that Americans will purchase at any price so don't be taken in. We can purchase any neighboring land at the above price
- When I first came in Vrndavana I stayed in the Kesi-ghata. That is very palatial building. My room was as big as this. Yes, as big. Plus one side room, plus one entrance room. I was paying fifteen rupees
- With reference to our meeting on March 20, 1976 at Haridaspore, I beg to propose that immediately we require at least Rs. 50,000 - for development of the place. Kindly let me know exactly what is the area of the land (include a sketch of the land)
- You can purchase immediately one membership ticket for ISKCON. It costs only Rs. 1111/-, and on this ticket you can stay in any temple for as many days as you like
- You know very well that I went to India this time empty handed but we spent there not less than five lakhs Rupees during my 10 month stay and all the money was collected simply on the strength of our books and literatures
- You report that although construction has temporarily stopped the expenditure is still Rs. 100 per day. I do not think four masons require so much. Please explain what is the Rs. 100 per day expenditure