ridden | rid | ridding | rids
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Rid"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- A man engaged in devotional service rids himself of both good and bad actions even in this life. Therefore strive for yoga, O Arjuna, which is the art of all work. BG 2.50 - 1972
- A man engaged in devotional service rids himself of both good and bad reactions even in this life. Therefore strive for yoga, which is the art of all work
- Although Parasurama was very proud, having rid the earth of the royal order twenty-one times, he was defeated by the Lord, who appeared to be a ksatriya of the royal order
- Although the elephant was harassed and angry, the caretaker riding on its head tried to provoke it further. The elephant then rushed madly toward Krsna. As soon as it came within reach, Krsna caught hold of the trunk and pulled the elephant down
- At the same time, he could not rid himself of his unlawful affection for his sons. Understanding these two contradictory factors, he offered his respectful obeisances to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Balarama said, "On this very day I shall rid the whole world of any trace of the Kuru dynasty. I shall finish them off immediately"
- Because the ksatriyas, the men of power in government, were performing sinful activities, Lord Parasurama, on the plea of retaliating for the murder of his father, rid all the ksatriyas from the face of the earth twenty-one times
- In the fight between the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty & kings of the opposite side, Salva was defeated. But despite his defeat, he made a promise before all the kings that he would in the future rid the whole world of all the members of the Yadu dynasty
- In the Vedas also it is said that by discourse on Lord Krsna's activities, one can get rid of all the disadvantages of the age of Kali
- It is not that we have to endeavor separately to become rid of envy or any deficiency or impurity
- Salva, one of the kings Krsna defeated when He kidnapped Rukmini, decided to rid the entire world of the Yadavas. To defeat the Yadavas, Salva worshiped Lord Siva, who rewarded him with an aerial car named Saubha
- Siddhi means to understand the spiritual identification and work for it. That is called siddhi. So the attempt for such thing is called mukti: to get rid of the material entanglement. So bhukti-mukti-siddhi. There are three stages
- The conditioned living entity has the defect of being always fearful, but simply by the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he can rid himself of this defect of material life. Therefore the Lord alone can be addressed as master
- The living entity tries to achieve happiness and rid himself of the causes of distress, but because the various bodies of the living entities are under the full control of material nature, all his plans in different bodies, one after another
- The sex impulse remains in an old man's heart also, even up to the point of death. To be rid of such agitation, one must be very much advanced in spiritual consciousness
- The single-minded devotee who never offends the Supreme Lord or His devotees is to be considered a saintly soul. Even if it seems that such a saint is not yet rid of all sinful propensities, he will never be destroyed, as are the yogis and karmis