Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
renouncer | renouncers | renunciants | renunciant | renunciate | renunciates
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Renouncer"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- A person who wants to give everything in charity to Krsna but does not want anything in return is considered the real renouncer. Thus, a devotee will refuse to accept any kind of liberation, even if it is offered by the Lord
- Anger causes frustration, as in the story of the unsuccessful fox and the "sour grapes." The living entity is then forced to pretend to be a renouncer. But at the bottom of such renunciation burns the great flame of greed and the desire for enjoyment
- As it is said in the Vedas, one should awake and achieve what is due him in this human form of life. This knowledge and method is distributed by the sannyasis; hence charity is to be given to the renouncer of life
- I want that some ideal families of Krishna Consciousness should be established in your country, so that people can see that our movement is not one sided or dry. So we do not want dry renouncers
- In the feature of Lord Caitanya, the Lord is an ideal renouncer, just as Sri Rama was an ideal king. Lord Caitanya accepted the order of sannyasa and exemplified exceedingly wonderful principles in His own life
- In this way, artificially they (so-called renouncers) make a show of renunciation of the material world
- Intelligent renouncer
- So if we simply become renouncer, that will not help us. Then again we shall become enjoyer, so-called enjoyer. That is like pendulum, balancing, tak, tak, this way, this way
- Sometimes a mundane worker is misunderstood to be a tapasvi (renunciant) or a mahatma (great soul) because of the many austerities he performs to attain his mundane goals
- The dexterity and sacrifice of the devoted worker, the knowledge of the sannyasi (renunciant), the stillness and profound love for Godhead of the mystic - all these qualities are included and coexisting within the qualities of the transcendental worker
- The intelligent renouncer situated in the mode of goodness, neither hateful of inauspicious work nor attached to auspicious work, has no doubts about work
- The karma-yogi never views any activity as an object of enjoyment or renunciation on his own account. In contrast, the sannyasi or renouncer relieves himself of all worldly responsibilities in order to free himself for acquiring knowledge
- The karma-yogi sees very little value in the false prestige by which all living entities in this material world put themselves in the position of either an enjoyer or a renouncer. The learned sages feel disgust with this sort of false prestige
- The sannyasi or renouncer relieves himself of all worldly responsibilities in order to free himself for acquiring knowledge relating to the all-pervasive Spirit. The mystic takes similar measures so that he can enhance his meditation
- There are many sages empowered with the influence of austerity and many yogis, philosophers and renouncers who sometimes exhibit their acquired power under the influence of the Rudra principle of anger and passion
- There are many supposed renouncers even at the present moment who officially become sannyasis or renouncers and outwardly claim that spiritual existence is truth and material existence untruth
- This sacrifice of Maharaj Mayuradhvaja for Krsna's sake is unique in the world, and we should offer our respectful obeisances to him. He had full knowledge of the SP of God in the garb of a brahmana, & he is known as the perfect dana-vira, or renouncer.
- We are neither renouncer nor enjoyer, we are simply servitor of Krishna. Please follow this principle and you will be never disturbed in any frightened condition offered by the maya
- What is the use of becoming a renouncer? After all, you have got this body. How can you renounce it? Either you cover it with underwear or either you cover it with costly dress, you have to cover it. So that covering also belongs to Krsna