This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Rectum"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- O Narada, the evacuating outlet of the universal form of the Lord is the abode of the controlling deity of death, Mitra, and the evacuating hole and the rectum of the Lord is the place of envy, misfortune, death, hell, etc
- Of course, in the process of development, there is no consciousness, just like deep sleeping. It is like that. But as soon as the body is little developed, the... There are nine holes: two nostrils, two ears, two eyes, one navel, one genital, one rectum
- The body has been called the city of nine gates, and these nine gates include two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, one mouth, a genital and a rectum. When the nine gates are clean and working properly, it is to be understood that the body is healthy
- The body has five working senses, namely the hands, the legs, the tongue, the rectum and the genitals. By taking full advantage of these working senses, the body enjoys material life
- The body has nine gates - the two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, mouth, rectum and genitals. When one is harassed by the invalidity of old age, various diseases manifest at the gates of the body
- The eyes, nostrils and ears are pairs of gates situated in one place. The mouth, genital & rectum are also different gates. Being placed into a body having these nine gates, the living entity acts externally in the material world and enjoys sense objects
- The faculty of procreation is called Durmada, and the rectum is called Nirrti
- The friend of the living entity who accompanies him through this gate (the rectum) is named Lubdhaka, which means "greed."
- The gate on the northern side and the gate on the southern side represent the two ears, and the two gates facing the western side represent the rectum and the genitals. All the doors and gates are described below
- The king, or the ruler of the body, who is the living entity, uses all these doors (two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, one mouth, the rectum and the genitals) to enjoy different types of material pleasures
- The power of movement and the legs should be given to Lord Visnu. Sensual pleasure, along with the genitals, should be bestowed upon Prajapati. The rectum, with the power of evacuation, should be bestowed, in its proper place, unto Mrtyu
- The rectum also gives one trouble, and the evacuation process becomes difficult
- The rectum, with the power of evacuation, should be bestowed, in its proper place, unto Mrtyu
- The seven gates of the body that are situated upward are the two eyes, two nostrils, two ears and one mouth. The two subterranean gates are the rectum and the genitals
- The ten kinds of air are described as follows: The main air passing through the nose in breathing is called prana. The air which passes through the rectum as evacuated bodily air is called apana
- The tree of the body has nine hollows - the eyes, the ears, the nostrils, the mouth, the rectum and the genitals - and ten leaves, the ten airs passing through the body - SB 10.2.27
- The two eyes, two ears, one mouth, two nostrils, one genital and one rectum. These holes are compared to gates in the walls of the city
- This (the western gate of the body) is a reference to the rectum. The rectum is supposed to be situated on the western side of the eyes, nose and ears. This gate is especially meant for death
- This gate (the rectum) is known as Nirrti, or the painful gate
- Through the nose we can smell, by the eyes we can see, by the ears we can hear, and in this way we gather knowledge. Similarly, there are the karmendriyas, the working senses - the hands, legs, genitals, rectum, mouth and so forth
- Two eyes, two nostrils and a mouth - all together five - are situated in the front. The right ear is accepted as the southern gate, and the left ear is the northern gate. The two holes, or gates, situated in the west are known as the rectum and genital
- We have got nine holes: this nostril, the ear, mouth, the eyes, the genital, the rectum, the navel. We have got nine holes. These nine holes develop. In this way, the body is formed. In seven months' time, the body gets consciousness back
- When an ordinary living entity abandons his present body, he passes through the rectum. It is therefore painful. When one is called by nature to evacuate, one also experiences pain
- When it is said that Puranjana goes to Vaisasa, it is meant that he goes to hell. He is accompanied by Lubdhaka, which is the working sense in the rectum
- When the body is first manifest in the womb of the mother, it is very small, just like a pea, and it gradually develops nine holes - two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, one mouth, one genital, and one rectum
- When the world becomes degraded, civilization becomes demoniac, and for the common man the rectum and the genital are taken very seriously as the centers of all activity