Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
quote | quoted | quoter | quotes | quoting| misquote|misquotations |misquoting
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Quote"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- According to the Varaha Purana, as quoted by Srila Jiva Gosvami, there is no difference between the water of the Ganges and the Yamuna, but when the water of the Ganges is sanctified one hundred times, it is called the Yamuna
- After finishing the ritualistic funeral ceremonies of his brother, Hiranyakasipu began speaking to his nephews, quoting from the sastras about the truth of life
- Answered by quoting the authority
- Anubhasya of Bhaktisiddhanta quoted
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu's order, yare dekha, tare kaha, 'krsna-upadesa.' Bas, finished, "You become a guru." The trouble is there. You haven't got to manufacture your ideas. Just like I'm quoting from Krsna's preaching
- Chand Kazi agreed to talk with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu on the strength of the scriptures. According to the Vedic scripture, if one can support his position by quoting from the Vedas, his argument is perfect
- Evidence can be quoted from authoritative sastras showing how a lowborn person can become the spiritual master of the entire world
- Evidence from the sruti, from the Vedas, that is perfect. Therefore, according to Vedic civilization, if you want to establish something you have to quote the section or the injunction from the Vedas, Then it is perfect
- Gopinatha Acarya then said, "There is no need to quote so much evidence from the sastras, for you are a very dry speculator. There is no need to sow seeds in barren land"
- Guru cannot manufacture something. He must quote from the sastra and then tell to his disciple. So disciple, as soon as he receives a message from guru corroborated by the sastra, then he should take it as fact
- I accept Caitanya Mahaprabhu because my Guru Maharaja accepted. He accepted Caitanya as Krsna; his Guru Maharaja accepted. When guru says that Caitanya is Krsna, he quotes sastra
- In Sri Caitanya-mangala (later known as Sri Caitanya-bhagavata) Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura has given the conclusion and essence of devotional service by quoting the authoritative statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- In the above-quoted verse from Bhagavad-gita, the words daivim prakrtim refer to the control of the internal potency, or pleasure potency, of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In Vedic injunctions there are no mistakes, illusions, cheating or imperfection. Unless one understands the authority of the Vedic version, there is no purpose in quoting sastra
- It is a fact that all other institutions, never mind whether it is Ramakrishna Mission or philosophical speculators, nobody can stand our arguments and reason if we can support them by quoting Scriptures
- Nimai Pandita at once memorized all the slokas without an error. He quoted the sixty-fourth sloka and pointed out certain rhetorical and literary irregularities
- No one, while remaining on the material platform, should discuss these different descriptions of bhava and anubhava by quoting different statements of transcendental literatures
- One should at once quote from scriptural authority to back up what he is saying. At the same time, such talk should be very pleasurable to the ear. By such discussions, one may derive the highest benefit and elevate human society
- One should quote evidence from the sruti - the Vedas or Vedic literature - and then one's statements will be correct. Otherwise one's words will proceed from mental concoction
- Only Svarupa Damodara Gosvami knew the purpose for which the Lord recited that verse. According to the Lord’s attitude, he used to quote other verses to enable the Lord to relish mellows
- Simply quoting verses, like parrot, will not be very much beneficial. One must apply, jnanam vijnana-sahitam
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased to hear Vallabha Bhatta quoting from sastra about the position of a devotee. The Lord praised him personally, and, feeling ecstatic love of Godhead, began to quote many verses from sastra
- Srila Jiva Gosvami Prabhu has quoted many passages from authentic scriptures and has ably supported the statements in the matter of offenses at the feet of the holy name
- Srila Rupa Gosvami composed three prayers with the title Caitanyastaka. The verse next quoted is text 7 from the first of the Caitanyastaka prayers, which are included in the book Stava-mala
- Srila Rupa Gosvami, writing Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, quoting from so many Vedic literatures, giving evidence. Because formerly people would take it as truth when it is proved by the version of the Vedic literature
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti has also supported Srila Jiva Gosvami (that there is always a devastation after the end of each and every Manu), and he (Sri Cakravarti) has also quoted from Bhagavatamrta about this inundation after each Manu
- The Gurudeva said, "May the understanding of the Vedas which you have learned from me always continue to remain within your memory, so that at every moment you can remember the teachings of the Vedas and quote their instructions without difficulty"
- The Lord then quoted some verses from the Puranas by which He established that Sankaracarya was ordered to teach Mayavada philosophy by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The members of the kayastha community in India are generally very intelligent and expert in business management. Formerly they were mostly government officers. They were mentioned even by Yajnavalkya, as quoted by Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
- These sastras... I have quoted so many things from the sastra, from the books of knowledge. It is meant for the human being, not for the cats and dogs
- They (the Six Gosvamis) were very, very expert in studying sastra very scrutinizingly. Why they studied so much? Because they wanted to establish sad-dharma, real type of religion, bhakti. They are quoting, therefore, from so many, nana-sastra
- They have ruined Indian culture by misquoting, by misleading
- To preach Bhagavat religion sometimes we have to quote from the sastras what is not palatable to unscrupulous so called religious persons. But in preaching we cannot do without quoting the proper verses
- We have to accept these authorities, quotation from Srimad-Bhagavatam, Vedic literature, and quoted by authority, Lord Caitanya. We have to follow in that way. Mahajano yena gatah sa panthah
- We quote Vedic evidence to support our statements, but if we interpret it according to our own judgment, the authority of the Vedic literature is rendered imperfect or useless
- When Prakasananda Sarasvati supported himself by quoting the verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately protested by uttering the holy name of Lord Visnu
- When Ramananda Raya requested Srila Rupa Gosvami to speak further about various portions of the play, Srila Rupa Gosvami briefly quoted his Lalita-madhava
- When Sri Caitanya was describing the opulences and spiritual potencies of Krsna in this way, there was an awakening of love of Krsna within Him. His mind became immersed in the sweetness of conjugal love, and He quoted the following verse from SB
- When the Lord will be pleased with you, you will also understand these conclusions and will quote from the sastras
- When you speak in the classroom (of the university), just quote from any of my books and then try and explain the meaning in your own words and the students will appreciate it very much