Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Queen | Queens | Queen's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Queen"
The following 123 pages are in this category, out of 123 total.
- Accompanied by his personal staff, the King also came there and watched from a distance, and all the queens watched from the elevated parts of the palace
- After dreaming this, the Queen explained it to her husband, the King. Both the King and the Queen then went to the temple with the pearl
- After giving everything in charity to the brahmanas, Lord Ramacandra retained only His personal garments and ornaments, and similarly the Queen, mother Sita, was left with only her nose ring, and nothing else
- After observing this brave act performed by the chaste wife Arci, the wife of the great King Prthu, many thousands of the wives of the demigods, along with their husbands, offered prayers to the Queen, for they were very much satisfied
- After reaching home, the two queens (Asti and Prapti) explained their awkward position following Kamsa's death. The King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was mortified on hearing of the pitiable condition of his daughters
- Although she (the Queen, wife of Prthu Maharaja, whose name was Arci) did not deserve to live in the forest, she voluntarily touched her lotus feet to the ground
- Among the women present at Kuruksetra during the solar eclipse were Kunti, Gandhari, Draupadi, Subhadra and the queens of many other kings, as well as the gopis from Vrndavana
- As far as material conveniences are concerned, they automatically come, just as the maidservants of a queen follow the queen wherever she goes. Liberation is no problem for the pure devotee, and all material conveniences are simply awaiting him
- As soon as I leave this body, at once I am injected into other's mother's body according to my karma. I may be injected to a queen's womb; I may be injected to a dog's mother
- Because a portion of their breasts was sprinkled with saffron powder, the pearl necklaces on their breasts appeared reddish. With their beautiful earrings and flowing hair, the queens appeared very attractive
- Because of the liquids thrown on their (Queens) bodies thrown by Krsna & Arjuna, the saris covering them became completely wet. Parts of their beautiful bodies, particularly their breasts & their waists, became partially visible because of the wet cloth
- Because Prthu Maharaja's wife (Arci) was the Queen and also a daughter of a king, she never experienced walking on the ground, for queens used to never come out of the palace
- Due to your long absence from your kingdom while fighting the demons on behalf of the demigods, your queen, your children, your relatives and your ministers have all passed away in due course of time
- During this time, Krsna, the maternal cousin of the Pandavas, & His special friend Arjuna were both throwing the liquid substances on the bodies of the queens. The queens became bashful, but at the same time their beautiful smiling brightened their faces
- In order to observe the great ceremony, many wives of the demigods had come in different airplanes & they were visible in the sky. Similarly, the queens of the royal family, gorgeously decorated & surrounded by bodyguards, arrived on different palanquins
- In that great palace, the Pandavas lived with their family members, and Queen Draupadi served her husbands very peacefully. And because in those days Lord Krsna was also there, the palace was also decorated by His thousands of queens
- It is also said that Krsna lived in Dvaraka as the husband of the goddess of fortune. Queen Rukmini is the goddess of fortune, and all the other queens are her expansions
- It is of course not unheard of in the history of the world that a powerful king would keep many hundreds of queens, but although such a king might be the only husband of so many wives, he could not enjoy all of them at one time
- It is stated that as the personal attendants and maidservants of a queen follow the queen with all respect & obeisances, similarly the joys of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification, liberation follow the devotional service of the Lord
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, at that time I could guess that in my previous life I must have performed some wonderfully pious activity, and as a result I can in this life be one of the maidservants in the house of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, my father was very affectionate toward me. When he understood that I was attracted to Krsna, he devised a plan like that devised by your father"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, you will be surprised to know that at my svayamvara meeting there were many famous kings and heroes present"
- List of personalities who enjoy parental affection toward Krsna 1) Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Braja, 2) Maharaj Nanda, the King of Braja, 3) Mother Rohini, the mother of Balarama, 4) all the elderly gopis whose sons were taken away by Lord Brahma
- Mother Yasoda is the Queen of Vrajabhumi, and in the pastimes of Lord Caitanya she is Sacimata
- Mucukunda continued, "When I come back victorious, all subordinate kings may come and offer their respects, but as soon as I enter the inner section of my palace, I myself become an instrument in the hands of the queens"
- My Lord (Krsna), when Jarasandha is killed, queens of all the imprisoned kings will be joyful at their husbands' being released by Your mercy that they will sing Your glories, being as pleased as the gopis were when released from the hands of Sankhacuda
- O queen of the home (Diti), we (Kasyapa) are not able to act like you, nor could we repay you for what you have done, even if we worked for our entire life or even after death. To repay you is not possible
- Of the four kinds of separation, three (purva-raga, pravasa and mana) are celebrated in Srimati Radharani and the gopis. In Dvaraka, among the queens, feelings of prema-vaicittya are very prominent
- One has to awaken his Krsna consciousness by first regretting his past deeds. Just as King Puranjana began to flatter his Queen, one should, by deliberate consideration, raise himself to the platform of Krsna consciousness
- One queen addressed a swan as follows: "My dear swan, please come here, come here. You are welcome. Please sit down and take some milk. My dear swan, can you tell me if you have any message from Syamasundara?"
- Out of them (the two bodies that came out from the body of Brahma), the one who had the male form became known as the Manu named Svayambhuva, and the woman became known as Satarupa, the queen of the great soul Manu
- Out of them (the two forms generated from Brahma's body), the one who had the male form became known as the Manu named Svayambhuva, and the woman became known as Satarupa, the queen of the great soul Manu
- Regarding the Regent's Park land, I am very hopeful of your efforts to secure permission from the Queen
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen Draupadi, please take it from us that we are not after any opulence such as a kingdom, an empire or a position of heavenly enjoyment"
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, our only qualification was that we were always thinking of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, which is the way to release oneself from the bondage of repeated birth and death"
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, we wish to remain as such life after life, without any other desire"
- Sometimes meditation goes on in sleeping. No. That is not the process. You cannot close your eyes completely. Then you will invite the queen of sleep and she will capture you
- Srimati Kuntidevi, felt such separation like a thunderbolt, and the whole prayer of the Queen is to try to persuade the Lord to stay with them (Pandavas)
- Srimati Radharani expands Herself in multiforms as the goddesses of fortune, the queens and the damsels of Vraja. Such expansions from Srimati Radharani are all Her plenary portions
- Such queens (Arci, Sita and Gandhari) instructed the general people by showing them how to become a chaste wife and follow the husband in every stage of life
- The example given herewith by the queens is very appropriate. The riverbeds become dry when the ocean no longer supplies water through the clouds
- The goddesses of fortune are partial manifestations of Srimati Radhika, and the queens are reflections of Her image
- The great example among women was Queen Kunti whose family life was perpetual danger, but because she always thought of Krsna she was saved
- The Queen had a very valuable pearl, which she wore on her nose, and she wished to give it to Gopala. She then began to think as follows
- The Queen, the goddess of fortune Draupadi, was in charge of administering the distribution of food (during the Rajasuya Sacrifice), and because Karna was famous for giving charity, he was put in charge of the charity department
- The Queen, the wife of Prthu Maharaja, whose name was Arci, followed her husband into the forest. Since she was a queen, her body was very delicate
- The queens brought buckets of the same liquid substances and with syringes sprinkled them on the bodies of their brothers-in-law. As they engaged in such jubilant activities, their hair fell loose, and the flowers decorating their bodies began to fall
- The queens continued talking like that, and they addressed the mountain as follows: "Dear mountain, you are very generous. By your gravity only, the whole crust of this earth is properly maintained"
- The queens continued, "As soon as you vibrate your sweet voice, we immediately remember Syamasundara because your voice exactly resembles His"
- The queens continued, "Dear black cloud, we must admit frankly that to establish an intimate relationship with Syamasundara means to purchase unnecessary anxieties while we are otherwise comfortable at home"
- The queens continued, "Dear friend, is it that you are also attracted by the lotus eyes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and by His sweet smiling and attractive words, exactly as we are?"
- The queens continued, "Dear Himalayan breeze, please know we have already been stricken. There is no need to injure us more & more. Dear beautiful cloud, the color of your beautiful body exactly resembles the bodily hue of our dearmost Syamasundara"
- The queens continued, "Do those dealings of the Supreme Personality of Godhead pinch your heart as they do ours?"
- The queens continued, "Is it a fact that for this reason you are suffering from insomnia like us? Yes, we admit that there is no remedy for this disease"
- The queens continued, "Or is it a fact that you also are willing to become an eternal servitor of the Supreme Personality of Godhead? We think that you are anxious to put a garland on the lotus feet of the Lord and then place it on your hair"
- The queens continued, "Or is it a fact that, just like us, you have been stunned by the mysteriously sweet words of our Lord Syamasundara? Is it a fact that it is because of this severe anxiety that you are so grave?"
- The queens continued, "Our hearts no longer work properly, and therefore we also have become very lean and thin. We think, therefore, that you are just like us"
- The queens continued, "Rather, you (the mountain) always appear in a thoughtful mood. It may be that you are always thinking of a very grave and important subject matter, but we can guess very clearly what you are thinking of"
- The Queens continued, "So we are very much obliged to you (the cuckoo). Please let us know how we can welcome you or how we can do something for you"
- The queens continued, "Then why are you not sleeping? Why are you lamenting like this throughout the whole night?"
- The queens continued, "We are sure that you are thinking of placing the lotus feet of Syamasundara on your raised peaks, as we want to place His lotus feet on our raised breasts"
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The queens continued, "We think you have been attacked by insomnia, or, if we are not wrong, our dear Syamasundara has tactfully taken away your gravity and power of forbearance, which are your natural qualifications"
- The queens of Nagnajit were also very much pleased because their daughter Satya got Krsna as her husband. Since the King and queens were very much pleased on this auspicious occasion, there was a celebration all over the city in honor of the marriage
- The queens said, "Although because you (the mountain) are discharging your duties very faithfully, you do not know how to move. Because you are so grave, you do not move hither and thither, nor do you say anything"
- The queens said, "At the present moment, you (dry rivers) appear very lean and thin, so we can understand that your position is exactly like ours. We have lost everything due to being separated from Syamasundara, we no longer hear His pleasing words"
- The queens said, "Dear dry rivers, we know that because this is the summer season, all your beds are dry, and you have no water. Because all your water has now been dried up, you are no longer beautified by blooming lotus flowers"
- The queens said, "Dear kurari bird, now it is very late at night. Everyone is sleeping. The whole world is now calm and peaceful. At this time, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is sleeping, although His knowledge is undisturbed by any circumstances"
- The queens said, "Dear moon-god, we think you have been attacked by a severe type of tuberculosis. For this reason, you are becoming thinner and thinner day by day. O lord, you are now so weak that your thin rays cannot dissipate the darkness of night"
- The queens said, "Hello, cakravaki. Why have you closed your eyes? Are you searching after your husband, who may have gone to foreign countries? Why are you lamenting so pitiably? Alas, it appears that you are very much aggrieved"
- The queens said, "O breeze from the Himalayas, what have we done to you that you are so intent on teasing us by awakening our lust to meet Krsna? Do you not know that we have already been injured by the crooked policy of the Personality of Godhead"
- The queens said, "O dear ocean, why are you roaring all day and night? Don’t you like to sleep?"
- The queens said, "We can appreciate your heart is full of anxiety for Syamasundara. You (the cloud) appear excessively eager to see Him, & we see that for this reason only, drops of tears are gliding down from your eyes, just as they are from ours"
- The queens said, "We think, therefore, that you are very dear to our Lord, the chief of the dynasty of the Yadus, and because you are so dear to Him, you are absorbed in meditation, exactly as we are"
- The queens said, "You have turned lean and thin because you are not getting any water from your husband, the ocean, through the clouds"
- The remnants of the food offered in the yajna were given by the great sage Angira to the first and most perfect among Citraketu's millions of queens, whose name was Krtadyuti
- The saint by whose benedictions the queens bore the child was called Candra Kausika, who foretold of the child before his father Brhadratha
- The same friend of Mother Yasoda addressed Krsna as follows: "My dear Mukunda, if Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Gokula, is forced to stand on fire, but is allowed to see Your lotus face, then this fire will appear to her as the Himalayan Mountains
- The same queen continued, "His (Krsna's) behavior is very displeasing. Does it mean that without Laksmi, Syamasundara cannot be happy?"
- The same queen said, "But I cannot accept your entreaty to go to Syamasundara. When He does not care for me, why should I be mad after Him? I am very sorry to let you know that you have become the messenger of a poor-hearted soul"
- The same queen said, "But would you kindly explain why He is so unkind to me? Formerly He said that I alone am His dearmost wife. Does He remember this assurance? Anyway, you are welcome. Please sit down"
- The same queen said, "I take you to be a messenger from Him. If you have any such news, please tell me. Our Syamasundara is always very independent. He never comes under the control of anyone"
- The same queen said, "We have all failed to control Him, and therefore we ask you, Is He keeping Himself well? I may inform you that Syamasundara is very fickle. His friendship is always temporary; it breaks even by slight agitation"
- The same queen said, "You are asking me to go to Him (Krsna), but I am not going. What is that? You talk of His coming to me? Does He desire to come here to fulfill my long expectation for Him? All right. You may bring Him here"
- Their (Yudhisthira's queen's, including Draupadi's) features were so beautiful that it appeared as if the great Rajasuya sacrifice were standing there in person, along with the different functions of the sacrifice
- These devotees included the King, his queens, his ministers and friends and all other big and small residents of Jagannatha Puri
- These singers and dancers had no means of subsistence other than the rewards of valuable garments and ornaments left by the queens and kings on such occasions
- They (people of Kasi) finally detected that the head (which was next to city gate) was not Krsna's but that of Kasiraja. When this was ascertained, the queens of the King of Kasi immediately approached and began to lament the death of their husband
- When all three of them (the wives of Maharaja Bharata) bore children who did not resemble the King (Maharaja Bharata), these wives thought that he would consider them unfaithful queens and reject them, and therefore they killed their own sons
- When Krsna was absent from Vrndavana & was staying in Mathura, Srimati Radharani sent news to Him that His mother, the Queen of Braja, was feeling such separation from Him that there was foam coming from her mouth, like the foam on the shore of the ocean
- When many very great sages were offering prayers to Lord Krsna, glorifying His activities, the Queen of Gokula, Mother Yasoda, entered the battlefield of Kuruksetra, wetting the lower part of her sari with the milk flowing from her breast
- When Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Gokula, was going to see her son Krsna at Kuruksetra, one of her friends began to address her thus
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the bank of the river Citrotpala to take His bath, all the queens and ladies of the palace offered their obeisances to Him
- When the Gopala Deity was installed at Kataka, the Queen of Purusottama-deva went to see Him and, with great devotion, presented various kinds of ornaments
- When the husband is king, she (the chaste wife) sits beside him as the queen, and when he goes to the forest, she also follows, despite having to tolerate all kinds of difficulties in living in the forest
- When the King (Yudhisthira) and the Queen finished their bath in the Ganges, all the other citizens, consisting of all the varnas, or castes - the brahmanas, ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras - took their baths in the Ganges
- When the Queen drank liquor, King Puranjana also engaged in drinking. When the Queen dined, he used to dine with her, and when she chewed, King Puranjana used to chew along with her. When the Queen sang, he also sang
- While Arjuna was at Dvaraka, he wanted to have Subhadra as his queen, and he expressed his desire to Lord Krsna
- Yasoda's friend said, "My dear Queen, the milk flowing out of your breast-mountain has already whitened the River Ganges, and the tears from your eyes, mixed with black mascara, have already blackened the color of the Yamuna"
- Yudhisthira could understand the feelings of Duryodhana & he tried to restrain the queens, but Krsna indicated that Yudhisthira should not restrain them from enjoying the incident. Krsna desired that Duryodhana be fooled in that way
- Yudhisthira, in a gorgeous chariot yoked to excellent horses, was present there along with his queens, including Draupadi