Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
provocation | provocations | provocative | provoke | provoked | provokes | provoking
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Provocation"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Akrodha means to check anger. Even if there is provocation one should be tolerant, for once one becomes angry his whole body becomes polluted
- Although Lord Balarama knew very well that by slight provocation people are prepared to fight with one another in the Age of Kali, He did not like the idea that the two great dynasties, the Kuru dynasty and the Yadu dynasty, would fight amongst themselves
- Because a brahmana depends on his disciples, when Sarmistha was heavily rebuked by Devayani she charged Devayani with belonging to a family of crowlike beggars. It is the nature of women to fight verbally at even a slight provocation
- Being overcast with misfortune, Sisupala continued to insult Krsna, and Lord Krsna patiently heard him without protest. Just as a lion does not care when a flock of jackals howl, Lord Krsna remained silent and unprovoked
- Bodily relationships are so transient that even though one is affectionate towards someone in a bodily relationship, a slight provocation terminates this intimacy
- Childhood age, childish dress, movements by the child, sweet words spoken by the child, nice smiling and various forms of childish play are considered provocations for increasing the parental love for Krsna
- Cupid's provocations are going on, even among beastly societies who are all ugly-looking in the estimation of the civilized nations. Thus Cupid's influence is exerted even amongst the ugliest forms, and what to speak of the most perfect beauties
- Daksa forgot all his affection for his daughter, and this very much aggrieved her. The material bodily conception is so polluted that even upon slight provocation all our relationships of love and affection are nullified
- Due to the age of quarrel, Kali, which we have discussed, there is always a chance of quarrel on slight provocation. This is due not to the issue in question, but to the polluted atmosphere of this age
- He (Yudhisthira) was always in an envious and angry mood, and therefore on a slight provocation he spoke sharply with the doorkeepers and became angry
- His (Krsna's) intelligence, His forgiveness, His attraction for all kinds of men, His opulence and His happiness - all provoke fraternal love
- His sweet words, His simplicity, His shyness, His humility, His constant readiness to offer respect to the elderly, and His charity. All of these qualities are considered ecstatic provocations for parental love
- If due to some righteous activities which provoke devotional service one acquires some faith, one takes shelter of the good association of pure devotees and is influenced by their service attitude
- If, due to some righteous activities which provoke devotional service, one is influenced by the service attitude and takes shelter of the good association of pure devotees, he develops attachment for hearing and chanting
- In the future we shall be very much careful to deal in such provocative situations
- Irresponsible men also provoke adultery in society, and thus unwanted children flood the human race at the risk of war and pestilence
- It is better not to take up sannyasa in this age of Kali because provocations are very strong in this age. Only a very exalted person advanced in spiritual understanding should attempt to take up sannyasa
- The avidya-sakti, the avidya potency of the material world, provokes fruitive activity
- The caretaker, being thus insulted by Krsna, became very angry, and in order to challenge Krsna, as was previously planned, he provoked the elephant to attack
- The dust from cows and calves on the road creates a kind of darkness indicating that Krsna is returning home from the pasture. Also, the darkness of evening provokes the gopis to meet Krsna
- The material energy is always provoking doubts about the supreme authority of the Lord
- The real point is to concentrate the mind on the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Women such as the gopis were attached to Krsna, being captivated by His beauty, and their mental concentration on Krsna was provoked by lust
- While conducting missionary activities it is quite natural that sometimes the situation may become very provocative, but we have to deal in these matters very carefully
- Without Krsna's mercy there cannot be sun, without His mercy there cannot be moon, and without His mercy there cannot be fire, and without the help of sun, moon and fire, no one can live. These are some thoughts to provoke Krsna consciousness