progenating | progenitor | progenitors | progeny
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Offspring (1 C, 35 P)
Pages in category "Progeny"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A living entity who, as a result of attachment to a woman in his previous life, has been endowed with the form of a woman, foolishly looks upon maya in the form of a man, her husband, as the bestower of wealth, progeny, house and other material assets
- Alas, your father (Daksa) is omniscient, but you (the Haryasvas) do not know his actual order. Without knowing the actual purpose of your father, how will you create progeny?
- Alas, your father is omniscient, but you do not know his actual order. Without knowing the actual purpose of your father, how will you create progeny?
- Although the Kumaras were right in such acts of refusal (refusal to generate progeny, in order to aim at liberation), Brahma, being absorbed in the mode of passion, could not check his passionate anger
- Among all the progeny of Rathitara, these sons were the most prominent because, owing to their birth, they were considered brahmanas
- Because Balika was surrounded by women and was therefore saved from the anger of Parasurama, he was known as Narikavaca ("one who is protected by women"). When Parasurama vanquished all the ksatriyas, Balika became the progenitor of more ksatriyas
- Brahma spoke to his sons after generating them. "My dear sons," he said, "now generate progeny." But due to their being attached to Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they aimed at liberation, and therefore they expressed their unwillingness
- From Citrakrt was born a son named Santaraja, a self-realized soul who performed all kinds of Vedic ritualistic ceremonies and therefore did not beget any progeny. The sons of Raji were five hundred, all very powerful
- From Him only, all our kingly opulence, good wives, lives, progeny, control over our subjects, victory over our enemies, and future accommodations in higher planets have become possible. All this is due to His causeless mercy upon us
- From within the body of Uttara He (Krsna as Paramatma) covered the embryo to save Maharaja Pariksit and protect the progeny of Maharaja Kuru, of whom King Pandu was also a descendant
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor, who is tending cows yielding all desires in abodes built with spiritual gems and surrounded by millions of purpose trees
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor, who is tending the cows fulfilling all desires in abodes filled with spiritual gems and surrounded by millions of wish-fulfilling trees
- In regards to your point on the brahmanas being dispersed all over the world, Rsabhadeva's sons were both brahmanas and ksatriyas and were throughout the world. The sons of Nava Yogendra were the brahmanas and another son's progeny were the ksatriyas
- In the human form of life the conditioned soul can render service to the Lord by creating progeny suitable for the attainment of salvation
- In the Vedic age a man was sometimes called upon to beget sons in the womb of a lesser man's wife for the sake of better progeny. In such an instance, the woman is compared to an agricultural field
- Kardama Muni's sex indulgence was praised by many, many Siddhas, beings who have attained perfection, because it was intended to produce good progeny for the good of universal affairs
- Krsna willingly asked Ugrasena to rule over Himself & Balarama because They were his subjects. The word praja is used both for progeny and for citizens, so Krsna belonged to the praja, both as a grandson of Ugrasena's and as a member of the Yadu dynasty
- Lord Brahma therefore engaged Daksa in the work of generating living entities and maintaining them. In due course of time, Daksa also engaged other Prajapatis (progenitors) in the process of generation and maintenance
- Lord Brahma, the creator of the universe, is interested in good progeny. Therefore unless he is pleased, one cannot get a suitable wife
- Lord Siva said, "All the great progenitors, known as Prajapatis, are Your (Krsna's) symbolic representatives. And religion is Your heart"
- Lord Siva, as the progenitor, engages in sex with Bhavani, the progenitress, to produce living entities, and from the mixture of their vital fluid the river named Hataki is generated
- O great sage, please save me and my forefathers, who are descending to the darkness of hell because I have no progeny. Kindly do something so that I may have a son to deliver us from hellish conditions
- O Lord, O primeval philosopher, maintainer of the universe, O regulating principle, destination of the pure devotees, well-wisher of the progenitors of mankind, please remove the effulgence of Your transcendental rays so that I can see Your form of bliss
- One who desires good progeny should worship the great progenitors called the Prajapatis
- Sastra says that only for progeny there should be sex, otherwise no sex, "dharmaviruddho bhutesu kamo 'smi." No "indriyartha," for sense gratification there should be no sex. But, this sterilization is for sense gratification. That is most sinful
- Since all of you are very much obedient to My orders, I ask you to immediately marry that girl, who is so well qualified with beauty and good qualities. According to the order of your father, create progeny through her
- Sri Maitreya said: Thus when Kardama Muni, the progenitor of human society, was spoken to in fullness by his son, Kapila, he circumambulated Him, and with a good, pacified mind he at once left for the forest
- Svayambhuva Manu handed over his daughter Prasuti to the son of Brahma named Daksa, who was also one of the progenitors of the living entities. The descendants of Daksa are spread throughout the three worlds
- The conditions for having good progeny in society are that the husband should be disciplined in religious and regulative principles and the wife should be faithful to the husband
- The King, his attempt for progeny frustrated in this way, performed a sacrifice named marut-stoma to get a son. The demigods known as the Maruts, being fully satisfied with him, then presented him a son named Bharadvaja
- The Lord of supreme mysticism, Sri Krsna, resides within everyone's heart as the Paramatma. As such, just to protect the progeny of the Kuru dynasty, He covered the embryo of Uttara by His personal energy
- The most powerful Lord Brahma, the father of all progenitors; Lord Siva; Manu, Daksa and the other rulers of humankind; the four saintly first-class brahmacaris headed by Sanaka and Sanatana; the great sages Marici, Atri, Angira
- The prajapatis offered their prayers as follows: O Supreme Lord, Lord of even Brahma and Siva, we, the prajapatis, were created by You to execute Your orders, but we were forbidden by Hiranyakasipu to create any more good progeny
- The sage Maitreya continued: O Vidura, all the progenitors of the universal population thus executed a sacrifice for thousands of years, for sacrifice is the best way to worship the Supreme Lord, Hari, the Personality of Godhead
- The seven great sages and before them the four other great sages and the Manus (progenitors of mankind) are born out of My mind, and all creatures in these planets descend from them. BG 10.6 - 1972
- The sons of Visva were the Visvadevas, who had no progeny. From the womb of Sadhya came the Sadhyas, who had a son named Arthasiddhi
- Those who are in the modes of passion and ignorance worship the forefathers, other living beings and the demigods who are in charge of cosmic activities, for they are urged by a desire to be materially benefited with women, wealth, power and progeny
- Vidura inquired: How did the Prajapatis (such progenitors of living entities as Marici and Svayambhuva Manu) create according to the instruction of Brahma, and how did they evolve this manifested universe?
- Vidura said: Since you know of matters inconceivable to us, tell me, O holy sage, what did Brahma do to create living beings after evolving the Prajapatis, the progenitors of living beings?
- Vidura said: The line of Svayambhuva Manu was most esteemed. O worshipful sage, I beg you - give me an account of this race, whose progeny multiplied through sexual intercourse
- When irreligion is prominent in the family, O Krsna, the women of the family become corrupt, and from the degradation of womanhood, O descendant of Vrsni, comes unwanted progeny. BG 1.40 - 1972
- When Lord Brahma appointed Daksa the chief of all the Prajapatis, the progenitors of population, Daksa became very much puffed up
- When the best of the Vasus, named Drona, and his wife Dhara were ordered to increase progeny by Lord Brahma, they said unto him, “Dear father, we are seeking your benediction"
- You are the original rsi, and because your mind is always fixed on Me, even though you will be engaged in generating various progeny, the vicious mode of passion will never encroach upon you
- You have not seen all this, and therefore you are inexperienced boys without advanced knowledge. How, then, will you create progeny?