Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
progenating | progenitor | progenitors | progeny
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Offspring (29 P)
Pages in category "Progeny"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- A living entity who, as a result of attachment to a woman in his previous life, has been endowed with the form of a woman, foolishly looks upon maya in the form of a man, her husband, as the bestower of wealth, progeny, house and other material assets
- Alas, your father (Daksa) is omniscient, but you (the Haryasvas) do not know his actual order. Without knowing the actual purpose of your father, how will you create progeny?
- Although the Kumaras were right in such acts of refusal (refusal to generate progeny, in order to aim at liberation), Brahma, being absorbed in the mode of passion, could not check his passionate anger
- From Citrakrt was born a son named Santaraja, a self-realized soul who performed all kinds of Vedic ritualistic ceremonies and therefore did not beget any progeny. The sons of Raji were five hundred, all very powerful
- From within the body of Uttara He (Krsna as Paramatma) covered the embryo to save Maharaja Pariksit and protect the progeny of Maharaja Kuru, of whom King Pandu was also a descendant
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, the first progenitor, who is tending cows yielding all desires in abodes built with spiritual gems and surrounded by millions of purpose trees
- In regards to your point on the brahmanas being dispersed all over the world, Rsabhadeva's sons were both brahmanas and ksatriyas and were throughout the world. The sons of Nava Yogendra were the brahmanas and another son's progeny were the ksatriyas
- In the human form of life the conditioned soul can render service to the Lord by creating progeny suitable for the attainment of salvation
- In the Vedic age a man was sometimes called upon to beget sons in the womb of a lesser man's wife for the sake of better progeny. In such an instance, the woman is compared to an agricultural field
- Kardama Muni's sex indulgence was praised by many, many Siddhas, beings who have attained perfection, because it was intended to produce good progeny for the good of universal affairs
- Krsna willingly asked Ugrasena to rule over Himself & Balarama because They were his subjects. The word praja is used both for progeny and for citizens, so Krsna belonged to the praja, both as a grandson of Ugrasena's and as a member of the Yadu dynasty
- Lord Brahma, the creator of the universe, is interested in good progeny. Therefore unless he is pleased, one cannot get a suitable wife
- Lord Siva said, "All the great progenitors, known as Prajapatis, are Your (Krsna's) symbolic representatives. And religion is Your heart"
- Lord Siva, as the progenitor, engages in sex with Bhavani, the progenitress, to produce living entities, and from the mixture of their vital fluid the river named Hataki is generated
- Sastra says that only for progeny there should be sex, otherwise no sex, "dharmaviruddho bhutesu kamo 'smi." No "indriyartha," for sense gratification there should be no sex. But, this sterilization is for sense gratification. That is most sinful
- Svayambhuva Manu handed over his daughter Prasuti to the son of Brahma named Daksa, who was also one of the progenitors of the living entities. The descendants of Daksa are spread throughout the three worlds