Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
professions | profession
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Professional (2 C, 62 P)
Pages in category "Profession"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- Agriculture is the noblest profession
- Jagai and Madhai were born in respectable brahmana families, but they adopted the professions of thieves and rogues and thus became implicated in all kinds of undesirable activities, especially woman-hunting, intoxication and gambling
- My Guru Maharaja said that instead of earning livelihood by showing the Deity in the temple, it is better to take the profession of a sweeper in the street and live honestly
- Agriculture is the noblest profession. It makes society happy, wealthy, healthy, honest, and spiritually advanced for a better life after death
- Arjuna, although he was fighter, Arjuna did not change his position. He did not become a brahmana. After hearing Bhagavad-gita it is not that he gave up his profession as a ksatriya and went to Himalaya to become a brahmana, meditation
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura has sung that namasraya kari thakaha apana kaje: "Take shelter of hari-nama and remain in your own profession"
- Brahmanas, they would simply advise about health and the future, so that is their profession and people give them eatables, cloth, so they have nothing to do for working outside
- By acting as a professional guru, mystic yogi or miracle man, one may cheat and bluff the general public and gain fame as a wonderful mystic, but all this is considered to be dust, straw and grains of sand within the heart
- By tricks of chance one may be obliged to adopt a profession which is not very adorable in society, but that does not hamper one in executing devotional service to the Lord
- Dhrtarastra must have been very glad to understand that Arjuna was not going to fight and was instead leaving the battlefield for the begging profession. But Sanjaya disappointed him again in relating that Arjuna was competent to kill his enemies
- Different classes of people in the social system are engaged in various professions, and when one inquires as to the well-being of a particular person, he should do so on the basis of that person's occupation
- Drauni (Asvatthama), although he belonged to the brahmana family and he accepted the profession of a ksatriya, he degraded so much that he cut off the heads of five sons of Draupadi while they were sleeping
- He (Arjuna) became perfect by his own profession. How? Because he satisfied Krsna. So you can be situated in any position. That does not matter. But try to satisfy Krsna. That is Krsna consciousness movement: how to satisfy Krsna. It is not very difficult
- He said, "My dear friends, please hear of Krsna's sweetness. Because of a great desire for that sweetness, My mind has given up all social and Vedic religious principles and taken to the profession of begging, exactly like a mystic yogi"
- Hindu, or I may be a Christian, but the fact is that we are serving somebody. Either you be Hindu or Muslim or Christian or you may profess any religion, but you must be serving somebody. Is it not? So that serving is religion. Try to understand this
- His (a Krsna conscious person) only profession is to attract the attention of Krsna by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra and living a very simple life, without following daily changes of fashion
- In Africa there are so many elephants, millions of elephants. They eat at a time forty kilograms. And who is supplying food? They have no business. They have no profession. How they are eating?
- In the sastra it is said that a brahmana, if he's in difficulty, he may accept the profession of a ksatriya or up to vaisya, but never accept the occupation of a sudra. These are described in the sastras
- Instead of earning livelihood by showing the Deity in the temple, it is better to take the profession of a sweeper in the street and live honestly. He said like that. The sweeper is working hard toiling and getting some money and living
- It is advised in the authorized scriptures that a brahmana may, under awkward circumstances, accept the profession of a ksatriya or even a vaisya, but never is he to accept the profession of a sudra
- It is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that the Lord can be worshiped even by one's profession, if it is sincerely offered for the pleasure of the Lord
- One should simply accept whatever he earns by his own profession
- One who is in a lower grade of social life cannot accept the profession of a higher class unless necessary. In times of emergency, all the classes but the ksatriyas may accept professional duties of others
- Our policy should be for maintenance to take from many persons. Big donations should go to the building and book funds. Our policy is "madhukari'' or the profession of the bumblebee
- Our request is that you read Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Here there are many Englishmen and Indians. That is my request. I am not charging anything. I am not making a profession. This sankirtana movement, we are chanting freely. You can hear
- People are surprised sometimes that "These people do not work, do not take any profession, simply chant Hare Krsna. How they live?" So that is no question
- People, at the present moment, they are neither Pariksit Maharaja nor Sukadeva Gosvami. So how it is possible to finish Srimad-Bhagavatam within seven days? That is not possible. It has become a profession, that gorgeousness
- She (Kubja) was not trained to worship Krsna in any other way; therefore she wanted to satisfy Him by her profession
- She said, "Because I have taken the profession of a prostitute, I have performed unlimited sinful acts. My lord, be merciful to me. Deliver my fallen soul"
- So by any means money wanted. So he adopted all disrespectful profession - cheating, gambling and stealing, any way to live… The only attraction is family, kutumba. So for the sake of maintaining family, he was committing all kinds of sinful activities
- So far we are concerned, we have no business, we have no profession. We do not know what we shall eat tomorrow. Or in the evening. We are in such a position. But we have no anxiety. You can see practically
- The administrative class must be well versed in the sastras, but must not take to the profession of teachers
- The cowherd men from Vrndavana gave the brahmanas cows decorated with golden ornaments and beautiful garlands. The brahmanas are given charity because they are not engaged in any business profession
- The householder should earn money by business or by profession and spend at least fifty percent of his income to spread Krsna consciousness; twenty-five percent he can spend for his family, and twenty-five percent he should save to meet emergencies
- The lower animals, the birds and the bees, have no business or profession, yet they are not dying for want of food. They are all living in nature's way, and they all have the necessities of life provided - namely eating, sleeping, mating and defending
- The men in Vedic society who engage in public sanitary activities like picking up stool and sweeping the street are called hadis. Sometimes they are untouchable, especially when engaged in their profession
- The merchant should not think that because he is engaged in an occupation in which the telling of lies is compulsory, he should give up his profession and pursue the profession of a brahmana. That is not recommended
- The professions of a qualified brahmana are pathana, pathana, yajana, yajana, dana and pratigraha. The words yajana and yajana mean that a brahmana becomes the priest of the populace for the sake of their elevation
- The word 'nirgrantha,' when combined with 'api' used in the sense of certainty, indicates a person who is a hunter by profession or who is very poor
- Thieves and rogues simply await some political upset in order to take the opportunity to plunder the people in general. To keep thieves and rogues inactive in their profession, a strong government is always required
- Thinking the absolute Personality of Godhead to be poverty-stricken or to have no potency - or, in other words, to be impotent - is simply rascaldom. This rascaldom is the profession of the conditioned soul, and it increases his bewilderment
- To earn a living, one can honorably adopt the profession of a street sweeper, but one must not change his dress to the saffron robes of a renunciate simply to fill up his empty stomach
- We are serving God, we have no profession, we have no business, we have no income, but Krsna is supplying all the necessities of life. Paying for this house two thousand dollars per month. We have got one hundred such centers
- We find it necessary and unavoidable in business dealings to speak lies - not to mention the volumes of lies that are spoken by members of the legal profession
- We require some income for our maintenance. So this was the brahmana's business. There is no question of doing some business or making some profession or going to the office or going to the factory. This is not brahmana's business
- When one is engaged in the mode of passion, not only is he mentally unhappy, but his profession and occupation are also very troublesome. He has to devise so many plans and schemes to acquire enough money to maintain his status quo
- You have been put into that profession. That does not mean because you have to deal with some sinful men you have to become a sinful
- You must hear about the Supreme Personality of Godhead and nothing more. That should be your profession. Then what will be the result? The result will be sthane sthitah