Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
princess | princesses
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Princess"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- All fifty princesses then accepted him (Saubhari Muni) as their husband, although he was only one man
- All princesses who were wives of Krsna were exquisitely beautiful, & each one of them was attracted by Krsna's eyes, which were just like lotus petals, and by His beautiful face, long arms, beautiful ears, pleasing smile, humorous talk & sweet words
- All the 16,108 wives of Krsna were princesses, and when each saw that Krsna was always present in her respective palace and did not leave home, she considered Krsna a henpecked husband who was very much attached to her
- All these captive princesses (who were forcibly stolen by Bhaumasura) were then accepted by the Lord as His wives, although in the estimation of society they were all fallen girls
- Arjuna begot a son named Iravan through his wife known as Ulupi, the daughter of the Nagas, and a son named Babhruvahana by the womb of the princess of Manipura. Babhruvahana became the adopted son of the king of Manipura
- Ball playing and other such pleasures were not meant for ordinary women and girls; only princesses like Devahuti could indulge in such sports
- Because the svayamvara was an open competition between the rival and valiant princes, such princes were invited by the father of the princess, and usually there were regular fights between the invited princely order in a sporting spirit
- But it so happened that sometimes the belligerent princes were killed in such marriage-fighting, and the victorious prince was offered the trophy princess for whom so many princes died
- He (Kardama Muni) showed his princess-wife that although he was living in the hermitage, he had the power to go everywhere and do anything by mystic yoga
- He (King Bhismaka) was hospitable not only to Krsna, Balarama and kings such as Jarasandha but also to many other kings and princes according to their personal strength, age and material possessions
- He (Krsna) arranged for suitable garments and ornaments for them (the young princesses), and each of them, seated on a palanquin, was dispatched to Dvaraka City
- His (Ananta Acarya Gosvami's) disciple Laksmipriya was the maternal aunt of Ganga-mata, a princess who was the daughter of the King of Putiya
- In spite of her being a princess, Parvati undertook all kinds of tribulations to associate with Lord Siva, who did not even have a house, but was sitting underneath the trees and passing his time in meditation
- In the history of Aryan civilization there have been many instances in which famous princesses have selected their husbands in open competitions. For example, it was in such a competition that Sitadevi accepted Lord Ramacandra as her husband
- In the palace of Bhaumasura, Lord Krsna saw 16,100 young princesses, who had been kidnapped and held captive there
- It appears that Rukmini was a very popular princess, and all the citizens, out of intense love for her, prayed for her best fortune
- It is significant that Lord Siva personally offered his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead just as he was taught by his father, Lord Brahma. Similarly, he was also preaching to the princes according to the parampara system
- It so happened that sometimes the belligerent princes were killed in such marriage-fighting (svayamvara), and the victorious prince was offered the trophy princess for whom so many princes died
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful princess, you (Rukmini) know that all the members of the princely order, including Sisupala, Salva, Jarasandha, Dantavakra and even your elder brother Rukmi, are My enemies; they do not like Me at all"
- Krsna said, "My dear chaste wife, My dear princess (Rukmini), I expected such an explanation from you, and only for this purpose did I speak all those joking words, so that you might be cheated of the real point of view. Now My purpose has been served"
- Laksmana said, "All of them (princes) were very agitated because of their lusty desires, but without caring for them, my husband, in His form as the four-handed Narayana, immediately took me on His chariot, which was drawn by four excellent horses"
- Laksmana said, "Expecting opposition from the princes, He armored Himself and took up His bow, named Sarnga, and then our celebrated driver, Daruka, drove the beautiful chariot, without a moment’s delay, toward the city of Dvaraka"
- Laksmana said, "Many (princes) could not even join the bowstring to the two ends of the bow, and without attempting to pierce the fish, they simply left the bow as it was and went away"
- Laksmana said, "The news of this device spread all over the world, and when the princes heard of it they arrived at my father’s capital city from all directions, fully equipped with armor and guided by their military instructors"
- Rukmini was the daughter of King Bhismaka, a powerful king. Thus Krsna did not address her as Rukmini; He addressed her this time as the princess. "My dear princess, it is very surprising. Many great personalities in the royal order wanted to marry you"
- Rukminidevi, replied, "As is usual, all the princes present during the marriage ceremony were prepared with their armor and weapons to fight with any rival who dared to stop the marriage"
- Rukminidevi, replied, "Dear Draupadi, it was practically a settled fact that princes like Jarasandha wanted me to marry King Sisupala"
- Satya said, "On the way back, He was assaulted by many princes, but Lord Krsna defeated all of them, and thus I have the privilege of serving His lotus feet as a maidservant"
- Sincerely, seriously, they (young princesses) offered their hearts to Krsna's lotus feet with unalloyed devotional attitude. As the Supersoul in everyone's heart, Krsna could understand their uncontaminated desire, He agreed to accept them as His wives
- The Brahmana said, "These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'My dear Krsna, O infallible, most beautiful one, any human being who happens to hear about Your transcendental form, pastimes immediately absorbs through his ears Your name, fame & qualities"
- The Lord simultaneously assumed different bodily expansions exactly matching each and every princess
- The princesses, being attracted by Saubhari Muni, gave up their sisterly relationship and quarreled among themselves, each one of them contending, "This man is just suitable for me, and not for you"
- The purpose of Your appearance is to kill the followers of the demoniac rulers of the world, who are in the dress of royal princes but are actually demons. I (Vasudeva) am sure that You (Krsna) will kill all of them and their followers and soldiers
- The story of Bhaumasura - how he kidnapped, made captive sixteen thousand princesses by collecting them from the palaces of various kings, how he was killed by Krsna, the S L of wonderful character - is all described by Sukadeva to Pariksit in SB
- These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'All his material pangs subside, and he fixes Your form in his heart. Through such transcendental love for You, he always sees You within himself; and by this process all his desires are fulfilled'
- These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'Similarly, I have heard of Your transcendental qualities. I may be shameless in expressing myself directly, but You have captivated me and taken my heart'
- This gorilla was a great friend of Bhaumasura, or Narakasura, who was killed by Krsna in connection with his kidnapping sixteen thousand princesses from all over the world
- When getting married, the ksatriya kings would take on several other youthful girls along with the married princess. These girl attendants of the king were known as dasis, or attendant mistresses
- When Saubhari Muni became quite a young and beautiful person, the messenger of the palace took him inside the residential quarters of the princesses, which were extremely opulent
- When the beautiful princesses of the serpent kings, hoping for the Lord's (Ananta) auspicious blessing, smear His arms with aguru pulp, sandalwood pulp and kunkuma, the touch of His limbs awakens lusty desires within them
- Whenever a ksatriya wants to marry a very beautiful and qualified daughter of a great king, he must fight his competitors and emerge victorious. Then he is given the hand of the princess in charity
- Within their minds, they (the young princesses) decided to accept Lord Krsna as their husband without hesitation. Each one of them prayed to Providence that Krsna might become her husband