"previous birth" | "previous births"
Pages in category "Previous Birth"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- Formerly, in his previous birth, Asamanjasa had been a great mystic yogi, but by bad association he had fallen from his exalted position
- From the personal example of Sri Narada Muni in his previous birth, it is clear that the service of the Lord begins with the service of the Lord's bona fide servants
- I have shown you this form of Visnu just to remind you of My previous births. Otherwise, if I appeared like an ordinary human child, you would not believe that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, has indeed appeared
- I very much appreciate both yours and your brother's activities and it appears that both of you were in your previous birth advanced in this line of Krishna Consciousness, and here is another chance to complete it
- In a previous birth I was known as Maharaja Bharata. I attained perfection by becoming completely detached from material activities through direct experience, and through indirect experience I received understanding from the Vedas
- In India, one who has taken birth in India, it is understood that in his previous birth he tried to cultivate spiritual culture; therefore he has been given the opportunity to take birth in India. India is so fortunate
- In other words, this transcendental bliss is not to be enjoyed by any common man unless he is so extraordinarily fortunate as to be in association with devotees or to be continuing his previous birth's devotional activities
- In the next birth he (Bharata Maharaja) became a stag, although he did not forget the incident of his previous birth
- It is also said that Vasudeva and Devaki, in their previous birth as Sutapa and Prsni, underwent a severe type of penance to get the Lord as their son, and as a result of such austerities the Lord appeared as their son
- It is not proper for householders to dine with those whose previous birth, family, character and behavior are unknown
- Santanu, who in his previous birth was known as Mahabhisa, had the ability to transform anyone from old age to youth simply by touching that person with his hands
- Sometimes we get news from newspaper that a child is born. He is speaking about his previous birth. Perhaps you know. Sometimes it may be possible in extraordinary cases. But it is a fact. It is a fact that in my previous life I had also another body
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "From your previous birth you have been in Krsna consciousness. Thus you love Krsna so much that simply by your association we are all developing Krsna consciousness"
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: The King of the elephants, Gajendra, fixed his mind in his heart with perfect intelligence and chanted a mantra which he had learned in his previous birth as Indradyumna and which he remembered by the grace of Krsna
- Tears from the eyes of a devotee is an automatic reaction, and because Sri Narada Muni in his previous birth attained that stage very quickly after his departure from home, it was quite possible for him to perceive the actual presence of the Lord
- The gopis who were gathered there had almost all been followers of the Vedas. In their previous births, during Lord Ramacandra’s advent, they had been Vedic scholars who desired the association of Lord Ramacandra in conjugal love
- The Lord said, "Please tell Me who I was in My previous birth, please tell Me by your astrological computations." Hearing the words of the Lord, the astrologer immediately began to calculate
- These cowherd boys were great rsis and yogis in their previous births, and after many such pious births, they gained the association of the Lord and could play with Him on equal terms
- When a Vaisnava takes birth in a family, by the grace of the Lord he purifies not only that family but also the families of his previous births
- When one is elevated to the platform on which he can worship the Deity, his previous birth does not matter
- When the astrologer was speaking so highly of Him, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stopped him and began to smile. "My dear sir," He said, "I think you do not know very clearly what I was, for I know that in My previous birth I was a cowherd boy