Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Pranayama"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- After practicing the yogasana for mystic yoga, the Pracetas managed to control their life air, mind, words and external vision. Thus by the pranayama process they were completely relieved of material attachment
- As far as pranayama is concerned, chanting of the holy name of the Lord and dancing in ecstasy are also considered pranayama
- By practicing hatha-yoga, pranayama and so forth one should counteract sufferings due to the body and mind. Similarly, by developing the mode of goodness, especially in regard to eating, one should conquer sleep
- By practicing the process of pranayama, one can eradicate the contamination of his physiological condition, and by concentrating the mind one can become free from all sinful activities
- By practicing the yoga exercises of pranayama, the usual breathing exercises, he would concentrate his mind
- By remaining perpendicular, they could concentrate their minds on the uppermost Brahman. While they were practicing this pranayama, the great sage Narada, who is worshiped both by demons and by demigods, came to see them
- The apana air goes downward, and the prana air goes up. The pranayama-yogi practices breathing the opposite way until the currents are neutralized into puraka equilibrium
- The eightfold yoga mysticism is automatically practiced in Krsna consciousness because the ultimate purpose is served. There is a gradual process of elevation in the practice of yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana and samadhi
- The eightfold yoga practice - yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, and so on - gives quick results, and one feels that he is doing something substantial
- The first process of spiritualizing the mind by mechanical chanting of the pranava (omkara) and by control of the breathing system is technically called the mystic or yogic process of pranayama, or fully controlling the breathing air
- The inhabitants of those islands are also divided into four castes - Rtavrata, Satyavrata, Danavrata and Anuvrata - which exactly resemble brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra. They practice pranayama and mystic yoga
- The Kurus thought, "If they (Yadus) come to challenge us because their son was arrested, we shall accept the fight & teach them a lesson, automatically they will be subdued under pressure, as the senses are subdued by the mystic yoga process of pranayam"
- The purpose of pranayama, or mystic yoga, is to stop the mind and senses from engaging in fruitive activities
- The ultimate state of this pranayama system is to be fixed in trance, technically called samadhi. But experience has proven that even the samadhi stage also fails to control the materially absorbed mind
- The yogis who try to elevate themselves by controlling the senses and who meditate upon Me by practicing the breathing exercise of pranayama are not so thoroughly freed from material desires
- This process of turning the senses from material attachment to the loving transcendental service of the Lord is called pratyahara, and the very process is called pranayama
- This system of yoga for controlling the breathing process is called pranayama, and in the beginning it is practiced in the hatha-yoga system through different sitting postures
- Those who are too addicted to sense gratification are advised to practice the mystic yoga system, or astanga-yoga system, consisting of yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyhara and so on. In this way, one can control the senses