Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Responding to Comments, 1975
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Responding to Comments, 1975"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- Adolf Hitler adopted the idea of Aryan, but his criteria for Aryan was one who had blond hair and blue eyes
- As you have explained, Lord Krsna forbade Arjuna to do this duty
- At the temple there is much maya and the people who live in the temple are phonies
- At the time of death some people becomes unconscious
- He (God) is a nice master
- He has said that we have given the name Krsna to God, but actually there are so many names of God, that it doesn't matter what the name of God is
- He has understood from what he thinks is Indian philosophy that you cannot give God a name because that would be limiting God
- He says that because he doesn't know what the transcendence is, there's no value for him. It's only a name. He doesn't know why to look for it
- He's saying that he accepts that we can receive perfect knowledge, but then because I am imperfect I make an imperfect interpretation
- I am thinking more in terms of the question, it is perhaps more suitable to make the question a question, not affirmation. "Who am I?" perhaps, is the best of the mantrams instead of affirming, "I am," because we cannot realize who I am
- I have heard there is a philosophy here amongst some of the devotees that if you chant Hare Krsna, you can go back to the spiritual world even if you do not give up your independence
- I'm still puzzled about the relationship of the soul to God. If the soul is eternal, as God is, and yet some souls have the tendency to fall and others don't have that tendency...
- If the temple president doesn't understand it, teach him
- In other words, Srila Prabhupada, without practice of the method, it's very difficult to understand the philosophical concepts
- In Svarup Ganj there's one big astrologer. So he saw your photograph, and he said, "This is the face of the most powerful spiritual personality on the planet. I can tell from his face that he can make a house in which the whole world can live peacefully"
- In the Bible they say that the animals don't have soul; therefore it's not the same as killing
- In the Christian Bible it says that God created all of earth. He created the waters, he created the animals, but He created the human being in His image, which was the same
- In the Christian Bible it says that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and you can only get to God through him
- It's a lot of fun to drive fast cars and have sex and see movies and... This is fun you know. It's the only way to enjoy!
- It's our duty in society to show everyone how to work for Krsna and become happy in life
- Sanka dasa, you know, in Bombay? He was in the CIA. And they..., when he was in Vietnam, they knocked him out one day and they brought him to a dentist and they took out three of his teeth, and they put in these little transistors
- She says that she sees it as a mantra, and from her point of view it seems like we're repeating this mantra over and over again, and it's something like hypnotism
- She's saying that Christ said that "I am the way"
- Some of us are Muslims, and in the Koran Mohammed says that eating meat is all right. In fact it is required to be a good Muslim, to eat meat
- Sometimes people ask where Swami Prabhupada get his meanings for different words, because they would differ, they would disagree and pick some other word
- Sometimes there is some disagreement, that "Why one should not live outside the temple?"
- Sri Vallabhacaryaji, a devotee to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, wrote commentary on Srimad-Bhagavata, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu rejected his commentary
- Srila Prabhupada, from time immemorial we see that in India every time there has been a religious reform...
- Srila Prabhupada, it's very difficult to control my mind when I chant. It wanders
- Srila Prabhupada, of course, in fact, we are fallen, and sometimes I would like every time to think about Krsna, and...
- Srila Prabhupada, sometimes you say only a very small percentage can take to Krsna consciousness. But yesterday morning in your lecture you were saying it can expand to ten thousand, million, or ten million
- Suppose when your, this shirt is torn, you have to purchase one shirt. Now, that shirt you have to purchase according to your price. If you have good price, then you get a good shirt. If you have no money, then you get a bad shirt. That's all
- The argument could come that "If He is directing the wanderings of all living entities then I don't have to worry about surrendering. He will direct me to it"
- The foolish Darwin's theories, they also claim that monkey is our forefather
- The majority believe that Christ is also God, not just His son, but he is God also
- The process of hearing and then asking questions is the way to clarify our understanding, just like Krsna and Arjuna. So actually we must have some questions in our minds; otherwise we would all immediately surrender to Krsna
- The sun, you see, is a ball of fire. Nothing can exist there
- They argue that this Vedic philosophy is coming from India, and in India there is so much disease and so many problems, but here, where we have our science, there is no disease
- They say God's name should never be spoken out loud
- This is the end of their knowledge. A pile of junk
- We are born as human being with inherent weaknesses and shortcomings, like kama, krodha, moha, lobha...
- We've been trying more and more, Srila Prabhupada, to make our techniques of distribution more honest and straightforward, not to cheat so much as some of these methods in the past
- When they tried to contact other professors, none of them wanted to come because they said, more or less, that we are like fanatics and we wouldn't actually discuss things in a philosophic way, that we would just use the conference to proselytize
- You said that when I say, "I am," and when you say, "I am," they are different. But she understands that the essence of everyone is the same
- You say that because the earth isn't too hot or too cold. But they say that just by chance it came into this order
- You told Madhudvisa Swami once in Sydney a few years ago that actually you're the biggest cheater, because you're stealing away all our maya
- Your calculation of the world. If it is preached anywhere, that is preached on the world. It was not spread, you can say, but it was preached